5.0 out of 5 stars Image matters, even at the gym...
Published 17 months ago by Perfect Fit America

3.0 out of 5 stars So many 5-star reviews by first-time reviewers.
Published 11 months ago by MH in Ca

3.0 out of 5 stars So many 5-star reviews by first-time reviewers., March 16, 2014
This review is from: Style Bible: What to Wear to Work (Paperback)
I was curious about this book and its near perfect rating so I looked a little deeper and started looking at the review histories of the 5-star reviewers. Turns out, most of the reviewers have reviewed this one item ONLY, which makes me wonder whether these are unbiased or if this book is truly so amazing. Also, many of these reviewers refer to the author directly as "Lauren" which to me seems a bit too familiar. I guess it's all about appearances. Since I didn't find any useful information from all the glowing reviews, I'll put my money elsewhere for now.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money!, March 21, 2014
This review is from: Style Bible: What to Wear to Work (Paperback)
This is my first review and I was so disappointed with this book I had to write a review. I truly question the validity of all the 5 stars reviewers. I wanted a book to help me build a wardrobe with classic style for work. Not a good choice. Almost everything written in this book is common sense or useless information. I'm trying to say one thing helpful about this book. Chapter 8, shop your closet was somewhat informative but not worth buying. Overall a complete waste of my money. Not worth returning because of the shipping cost. Not sure what to do with it. Still looking for a book on building a classic wardrobe!
Signed very disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Image matters, even at the gym..., October 8, 2013
This review is from: Style Bible: What to Wear to Work (Paperback)
As a small business owner and personal trainer, my image is my greatest marketing asset. For years, "comfortable" gym clothes have been the norm, but as my business grows and my reach expands, I find that what I wear impacts my client relationships and first impressions. Style Bible has opened up an awareness of grooming habits, professional dress in any situation, and regional idiosyncracies that can mean the difference between winning or losing important business. The book is well written and easy to read - well worth the time and effort!

5.0 out of 5 stars First impressions mean everything, October 12, 2013
This review is from: Style Bible: What to Wear to Work (Paperback)
Wow - this is the best book I have read about dressing to impress, no matter where you are or what job you have OR want. It's a great reminder that first impressions DO happen in the first five minutes - no matter who you are. Whether you are young or old, short or tall, big or small - she covers it all.

I work for a mid-size corporate America company, but work from home. So I don't have all of the "business" clothes sitting in my closet. Lauren helps me pick out the most smart and professional outfits to wear when I only have to be in the office a few times a year. I want to make the BEST impression when I only see my "executive" team those few times.

THANK YOU LAUREN for making it much easier for me to choose the right clothes to be stylish, professional and make a great "first" impression just a few times a year. You have made it much easier for me to look "stylish."

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life Changer, October 6, 2013
This review is from: Style Bible: What to Wear to Work (Paperback)
Lauren's style tips are a life changer. Why make things harder than they need to be? I've been using Lauren's fashion advice and it has made a world of difference in how I feel when I walk into meetings in a male dominated industry. I carry that confidence with me to my after work get togethers and on business trips.

What I love about this book's advice is it doesn't take a lot of money to achieve a "dress for success" look.

Thank you Lauren, you are a gift to women in the workforce.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fashion essentials, December 20, 2013
Lauren has written an easy to follow book on how to look your best and not break the bank. I now try and incorporate the "third piece" into my outfit everyday. It's something you will learn about in the book that will put the punch into whatever you wear. There are great ideas for the man in your life as well. This is not a trendy book but something you can continue to refer to when you want to freshen up your wardrobe.
Marge L

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!!, December 9, 2013
This is a fabulous book that anyone would benefit from. It includes great ideas for looking one's best. It prompted me to "shop my closet" and I know I'll make better clothing purchases going forward. I'm buying several copies as holiday gifts, knowing the recipients will be grateful to the author, as I am!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Resource, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Style Bible: What to Wear to Work (Paperback)
As a small business owner and consultant, these book is invaluable. So many tips and practical information. it is a fantastic go to guide formal the right information. I learned lots that helps me everyday. Wish I had this guide years ago, I wouldn't have waisted so much time an money!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for working moms!, October 7, 2013
This review is from: Style Bible: What to Wear to Work (Paperback)
I am so happy I own this book. Lauren's tips changed my life - I actually look in my closet and no longer feel overwhelmed! This is truly an amazing book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Style Bible: What to Wear to Work (Paperback)
This was not a how-to book so much as just very general information. Common sense tells you more about what to wear/not wear to work.

Style Bible: What to Wear to Work
Style Bible: What to Wear to Work by Lauren A. Rothman (Paperback - October 15, 2013)
$22.95 $17.00
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.