Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon August 25, 2010
this is a fun yet slightly predictable book. It starts off with the basics of eyes, the tools, eye shapes, false lashes etc. It is fairly repetitive of other makeup books in that respect but Chang keeps it quick and to the point, I like that. She then goes into the fun stuff, she does more than just your basic smokey eye look and your daytime work look. She uses bright and vibrant colors, i believe there is a look with some rhinestones on it, and some fun lip looks. As for step by step looks, she only has 2, and they are how to acheive the smokey look. The other eye looks in the book simply give you the color she uses and a tool to apply it. So for beginners looking on a how to, this might not be a really helpful books, but for those who have the basics of makeup technique down, replicating the looks is easy to do. Througout the book, she has a variety of eye shapes but not a variety of skin tones. Overall it isn't a bad book to have in the collection, I can see myself looking at it for a nice quick and easy look if i'm in a makeup rut.
on August 31, 2010
I got this book as a gift and plan to buy 3 more for all my makeup junkie friends! I'm a busy mom of 2 beautiful and super active boys who never gave up her love of makeup. I don't have time to go to the Mac counter to learn how to do a smokey eye and now I don't have to. Chang-Babaian lays it all out for you. She also states that you don't have to throw out your shimmery eyeshadow just because you're 35 plus. As a Latina, I like the fact that women of all ethnicities are included. The women look real and beautiful instead of model-types. I know this is a book I will return to again and again.
on June 30, 2011
This book is a pretty big disappointment. I was expecting lots and lots of ideas on different ways on how to wear eye make up with different colors and different types of eye shadows - matt, shimmers, and glitters. But, sadly there are just a few and they are not special at all. The only real step-by-step that includes several photo's for each step is the part on smokey eyes. That's it. I'm really shocked why so many people rate this book so high.
on May 31, 2011
I really liked this book when I got it, and then I realized why I liked it. I already own it. Actually -twice. This book is essentially parts of Kevyn Aucoin's "Making Faces" and "Face/Forward" but with no acknowledgment for inspiration. Everything from the fonts, to the photography, to the names of the looks is all Aucoin. I'm not saying the author did this on purpose, but I bet that she is familiar with these beauty tomes which unwittingly guided her when she started to design her own book.

It's too bad- because the book is filled with great tips and easy-to-follow instructions. However, Aucoin died a decade ago, so he doesn't have a voice in this. I feel that it's only fair to acknowledge his work.
on August 12, 2015
Growing up, makeup was deeply frowned upon in my household. My mother never really wore any, so the first time I even tried dabbling in it was with a couple friends in high school during a sleepover. As time went on, I obtained my own collection. Through tips from friends, and my own trial and error, I managed to find out what base makeup, eyeliners, and lip shades work for me. Other eye makeup, however, was never something I was any good at or comfortable with. It was precarious to apply and it never came out quite right. And then I found this book. It explains so much--from eyebrow trimming and false lashes to concealer, eyeshadow, and the brushes and techniques used to apply it all. This was exactly the kind of explanation resource that I needed. There are even sections that explain what kind of makeup to use for what age, something I never really considered. I imagine for people who have eye styling down to a science, this book may not be very helpful, but to someone just starting out, it's a life raft in the world of makeup.
on May 14, 2014
This book would be good for beginners, or women who like a very subtle look. The text is good, full of beginner information and gives you a good education in colors, brushes, product consistency, and application. I was disappointed with the limited styles shown, many of them being so minimal that it was hard to tell if the model had makeup on or not. Some of the more extreme looks were just plain bad. Many different names apply to what appears to be the same look. Some of the applications did nothing to make the model look better. I would recommend this for beginners only.
on May 2, 2011
I really found her tips very useful and now know how to do the smokey eye look the right way. The nice part about the book is that it isn't centered around a certain face, but allows you to accentuate your look based on the crease of your eye and the structure of your face.

I've gotten a lot of compliments after following the book's steps one by one, even by makeup artists in the department stores. I highly recommend it because it's easy to follow with pictures which I think are useful, especially since I'm a very visual learner.

I own a number of books centered on how to apply makeup but think this is by far the best book out of all of them. Definitely worth every penny.
on September 15, 2010
This is a great makeup book! I would say it is one of my top makeup books that i own. I own alot!!! She does eye makeup beautifully and explains how to do each look. And she explains it very well! I definitely recommend this book to whomever would like to learn how to do gorgeous eye makeup and beautiful eyebrows!
on July 8, 2011
I ordered Style Eyes after seeing it at a friend's house and I couldn't be happier. This is definitely one of the best 'how to' make up books I've owned. There are so many looks, techniques and tips which are all presented in a clean, simple, easy to understand format. The photos are gorgeous and purposeful. All of the models are fresh, believable and convince me that these looks are do-able for 'me'. I found it alot different than the Kevin Aucoin books I own. It completely stands on it's own merit! I will definitely refer to Style Eyes for quick instruction when I want to update and/or stylize new looks. Without question, 5 big gold stars!!
on January 16, 2014
We ordered this book as a christmas present for my sister who is a make up enthusiast, and she absolutely loved it. It's very complete covering everything that you need to know, from the very basics like taking care of your eyes, your type of eyelid how to apply the make up correctly to it, depending on your eye color what shade colors are best for you, etc. It even comes with make-up tutorials step by step on how to create different looks. It also comes with an explanation of ALL the eye brushes that exist, with an explanation for each and which one's are used for what. (Which that to me was truly helpful since that was one of my biggest doubts haha).
We even ordered a used book, that was still really good quality!
The shipping time was as described, and the packaging was very well and protected the book from any crunches or damages that could mess it up.
Great Price and Great Book! I highly recommend it to all the make up artists and fans out there, especially if you love eyes and you love to know all the different techniques and stuff... then get this book for sure!