5.0 out of 5 stars Pinch-Me-Perfect Weddings!!
Published 20 months ago by Amy Y.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great for Kindle
This book is full of pretty pictures and I thought I'd enjoy reading it on my Kindle (since I read SMP every day on my computer), but the formatting is not great electronically. I wish I purchased the hard copy.
Published 18 months ago by Marissa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pinch-Me-Perfect Weddings!!, December 21, 2012
The author of this book is a blogger that, along with her team, has covered over 5,000 'pinch-me-perfect'(as she puts it) weddings. As a wedding photographer, I found this book fascinating, lovely and inspiring. As a wife, it brought out memories of childhood wedding dreams and a touch of the green-eyed monster- what? wasn't I worth $100K of flowers on my wedding day? I jest. Sort of.

The book is full of gorgeous pictures highlighting, sometimes small, but important details to make a wedding truly personal and one-of-a-kind. The author gives extensive instructions on do-it-yourself ideas: from cake decorating, rice tossing favors to place setting extras and commemorative gifts for guests. The author emphasizes that DIY is practically necessary to avoid a cookie-cutter style wedding. Some examples: doily overlay for table cloths, glittered vases from bubble bowls from Michael's filled with beautiful peonies, hand-dyed ombre napkins, personalized wine bottles for the tables, a wand for the flower girl and it goes on... Ms. Larson has captured numerous clever DIY ideas and provides "Style Tips" at every turn to add a touch of personalization and professionalism.

This book is hardly about the do-it-yourself wedding, however- but I appreciate that she includes ideas for so many varying situations- whether it is location or finances, a large wedding, a small wedding, Abby provides gorgeous, drool-worthy photography and creative ideas to improve each wedding.

Her philosophy is that every wedding should be styled to reflect the bride and groom and those coming to celebrate their union. The book kicks off with a quiz to help determine your style preferences and she discusses the "bespoke" wedding- one that truly reflects the uniqueness of the couple, utilizing small details to make this a yours-and-yours-alone wedding. She classifies weddings into various types and then uses these to exemplify 'the perfect wedding'. Even in the most extravagant affairs, she provides tips and ideas to make your wedding your own.

Ms. Larson provides sections on choosing venues, dresses, wedding planning ("setting yourself up right from the start"). She provides excellent information on utilizing resources from the internet, choosing flowers and color palettes and adding 'whimsy' to your wedding to make it an extra special, oh-so-you event.

The book is beautiful and I think even those working with a tight budget would find this quite useful. As a wedding photographer, I am impressed with the author's choices of photographs and special ideas. It may not sound romantic, but Abby goes into creating a 'brand' for your wedding. I like this idea as it drives home the personalization of your celebration. Ms. Larson covers numerous weddings- divided up by style, palette and location.

This is a fun read even if you are not getting married. Can I say again that it is full of stunning photographs of beautiful weddings? :)
If you are planning to be married, I would highly recommend this book to add style and class(and not necessarily at a high price tag) to your event using practical tips(i.e. buying flowers in season, personalizing favors, choosing a meaningful venue and music). The book is well organized, has an excellent index and a very thorough list of resources and vendors.

As a photographer, I have often been asked for advice beyond my photography skills, simply for the number of weddings I have attended and seen go right or totally wrong. I am planning to recommend or gift this book to all my clients in the future. This is truly one of the best wedding planning/idea/styling book I have ever come across over many years of photographing weddings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Style Me Pretty Weddings: Inspiration and Ideas for an Unforgettable Celebration (Hardcover)
I got this book as an early Christmas present from my fiance and I was blown away! The book is gorgeously made and includes photos, tips and how-to's from some of the most fabulous weddings I've ever seen. I am a huge fan of SMP's blog so I just had to have this book and it didn't disappoint. Makes a great gift for all those daydreaming brides out there -- highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Style Me Amazing!, December 25, 2012
I absolutely adored this book! I'm a fan of SMP the blog but the book was a breath of fresh air. I loved that there were weddings that I had not seen before. Hope there will be a part two!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning from Cover to Cover, December 21, 2012
Every page of this book is breathtaking. I was an avid reader/drooler of Style Me Pretty as a bride years ago and this book does not disappoint. Fresh weddings, ideas, styles and inspiration galore. Bravo SMP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Beautiful, December 20, 2012
A must for every bride who wants her wedding day to express her own vision of her special day! Snuggle on your sofa with this wonderful book and gain the confidence to create the wedding you of your dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Inspiration, January 22, 2013
Length:: 2:18 Mins

I'm a Wedding Photographer from the San Francisco Bay Area and wanted to give this book a go as I adore all things Weddings... It wasn't a let down, that's for sure! It is packed with gorgeous photographs of Real Weddings and lots of inspiration - exactly what I was expecting from Abby Larson.

This book is definitely a must-have for every bride.
[...]
xoxo, Rahel

5.0 out of 5 stars must have for planning your wedding, January 9, 2013
It's a nice book with a lot of great illustrations.. a must have book for planning your wedding. Arrived shortly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 2, 2014
Great! Love this item. shipping was fast. great wedding tips

5.0 out of 5 stars Great asset to any wedding planning, June 8, 2014
Great book full of gorgeous and inspirational pictures. I definitely recommend for any bride to be if you're in need of ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars GENIUS., March 23, 2014
Pure genius. Classy. Informative. Enough to excite and inspire anyone planning a wedding or just interested in pretty things. I just love anything and everything Style Me Pretty and this book is no different. I'm so happy I bought it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›