4.0 out of 5 stars Rigid Standard Shop Vac Filter
For the big stuff, this filter works great. However, if using on projects in the house, spend more and get the Rigid Fine Dust Filter, otherwise, the house will get coated with dust each time you fire up your Rigid shop vacuum, even if you are picking up only the big debris.
Published on October 13, 2010 by Camera guy

UPDATE 1 April 2014:

Published on April 30, 2012 by verygooddog

3.0 out of 5 stars , Description Inaccurate, but Fits my 6 Gallon Rigid Shop Vac, April 30, 2012
This review is from: New Style Ridgid VF4000 Standard Filter for Wet/Dry Vac (Office Product)
UPDATE 1 April 2014:

I went to reorder this filter and found that the price had increased by 48% in the 18 months since I last purchased it. I ordered it anyway and received an actual VF4000 filter made by Rigid. The first time I ordered, I received an non-OEM filter (see original review below) supplied by GoVacuum. This time, the filter was supplied by Central Vacuum. I guess there's a 48% premium for an actual Rigid filter, but to be honest, the aftermarket filter worked as well as the OEM.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

My 6 gallon Rigid shop vac says it takes VF4000, VF5000 or VF6000 filters. Amazon claims that this one is a "Rigid VF4000 Standard Filter for WetDry Vac, by Rigid". Pretty clear, right? You're going to get a filter made by the company that made the vacuum. Not so fast... What Amazon actually ships is a filter made by Green Klean, "Designed as a Replacement for VF 4000". A note on the box says: "This is not a product, nor is it sponsored or endorsed by RIGID, Inc."

The filter does fit my Rigid shop vac, and it seems to work. Time will tell if it will last as long as the original Rigid filters. I am not happy with Amazon for their misleading product description. I might have bought the filter if they had described it accurately, but I would like the ability to make an informed decision about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rigid Standard Shop Vac Filter, October 13, 2010
Camera guy (Pleasanton, CA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, this is not an OEM part, May 15, 2012
As the previous reviewers have mentioned, this is not a Rigid filter, as advertised.
If I wanted to bother with a generic part, I would have ordered one. Mine's going back.
I didn't read these latest reviews since I assumed I was purchasing the OEM part.
Amazon needs to do better job verifying their vendors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Unit - Had to be returned, February 28, 2012
Faulty unit, not OEM, did not fit properly and leaked so needed to be returned. Would not buy this again. Went to Home Depot and found OEM product for near same price, but had to drive

5.0 out of 5 stars No problem observed upon installation, March 13, 2009
Some people have had difficulty installing this filter. It seemed that the manufacturer had made minor changes for the filter or the peripheral components. I checked Ridgid's IPC and Googled every part number to make sure that I get the correct parts. The filter, filter cage, float, filter plate and the plate nut fit as they should and the VC is working well.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a generic replacement filter, April 14, 2012
Not a Rigid brand filter, it's a generic replacement. Rubber seal ring on top of filter cracked after two months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filter, August 12, 2013
This one fit exactly what I bought many years ago. It is a Ridgid product and it fits my Ridgid vacuum. The original did not have the ears, but no matter, it fit perfectly. This one is Standard and this is for sawdust. If you want one for finer dust such as drywall dust, or even finer: pollen, you need the same product but a different version, and they exist. There are 3 varieties and this is the lowest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridgid VF4000 Replacement Filter Very Good, May 25, 2013
Purchased this as a Ridgid replacement filter for my Ridgid shop vac. Other reviewers commented that it was not as advertised and not a Ridgid product. But, in my case it was exactly as advertised and WAS for Ridgid. Fit right on to my vac and the carton was marked a Ridgid.

Was pleased with the construction and the fabric seems sturdy enough for this type use. Works great in my vac so far. It actually appears to be better than the previous Ridgid filter I bought at Home Depot. I am happy and do recommend this unit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, June 15, 2012
It worked well in our Rigid 16 gal wet/dry vac until it was time to clean and reuse the filter. Washable and reusable it is NOT! It literally fell apart in soggy pieces.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost Too Big Vac filter!, October 12, 2008
The part number was correct, but to fit I had to squash the filter to fit the space. Nothing in the instructions indicated that would be necessary.