5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Style Guides
Published 10 months ago by Christie Priem

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Basic Style Concepts
I thought this book would be better than it was. I like Greta Monahan and saw her promote the book on Rachel Ray. I immediately ordered 3 copies, one for me and two for friends. I have given it out and they seem to like it but I felt her promo on Rachel Ray said everything you needed to know.
Published 12 months ago by Lisa Jason

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Style Guides, January 31, 2014
Christie Priem (Chandler, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Style and the Successful Girl: Transform Your Look, Transform Your Life (Hardcover)
I have almost all the style guides that are currently out there, and this one is at the top of the pile. Gretta Monahan has created an easy and helpful strategy for clarifying a woman's style vision and making it work using checklists and "uniforms" (i.e. pieces that can be repeated in endless ways, like a flowy blouse + slim fitting ankle pant). I find her method simple and helpful, and I have referred quite a few people to her book for help getting their wardrobes under control. I actually copied one of her checklists (the "Girly Girl" one) to take shopping with me. The book helped me finally figure out why I never felt comfortable in plain blue jeans; they just aren't girly enough for me! I feel that my style is more cohesive now, which means shopping is quicker and purchase decisions are easier to make. If you are interested in expressing yourself more accurately through your clothing, this book will definitely help you do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, October 3, 2013
Terrific book!
For the stylistically challenged such as myself, this how to book is amazing at breaking down into categories the looks that are easy to recreate. I especially appreciated the section on bathing suits as I get ready to gear up for a winter vacation! The beauty section as far as I am concerned is a bonus and it is nice to know how to simply create a 'head to toe' look. A must have for women of all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars great hints for pulling it all together, June 15, 2014
Drivenmecrazy (Buena Park, Calif) - See all my reviews
helped me reassess my closet and dump some items that didn't go together.
I had no idea that there were really just 4 styles.. and that I was mixing them.. therefore.. not feeling all that comfortable all day long..
Now that I have chosen my favorite color..Royal Blue.. and some neutrals.. black and white..I no longer stand in
front of my closet for over 15min trying to figure out what goes together! They all pretty much go together!

this book helped me (at 61 years!! -yeah I know!) to figure out that I prefer casual style clothes. Now that I understand that.. I have stopped mixing other styles with this! I really do have more confidence with what I am wearing!
helpful book!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great advice and you feel like Gretta is right there with you., January 24, 2014
I love watching Gretta on Rachael Ray. This book offers some great fashion advice and was an enjoyable read and something I will use for fashion inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars A girl's must have read!, October 2, 2013
I enjoy Gretta Monahan enormously through her TV appearances so when I heard a book was on its way, I was both excited but just a little apprehensive. Would Style and the Successful Girl have something in it for me? Trust me when I tell you that it has something and everything for all we girls whatever our age, shape, needs and foibles! A mild tendency to get stuck in a "look" was an excellent starting point for me. I knew from the outset that I was a 'weekend girl' with a 'sophisticated girl' screaming to get out and play. I'm going to give that part of me permission to do just that with help from Gretta. Pick up Style and the Successful Girl and you'll find yourself nose deep in a book that is uplifting, validating and just downright fun! It has also solved my holiday gift list!! Brava.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dress for you!, June 6, 2014
I love this book. It is so easy to follow and explains everything about different styles for women. I now know I am a weekend girl and will embrace my style!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Basic Style Concepts, December 2, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, December 20, 2013
I have not totally read the book yet, however I find it helpful to know which of the four categories of dressing you fall into. I am a week-end gal, (casual) and Gretta shows what style clothing to buy, and to leave the others in the store as they don't fit your style.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 3, 2014
Well written, but not a whole lot of new information for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Guide!, August 12, 2014
She makes it seem easy! I'm a weekend girl, I know now. I don't go shopping often though. But when I do, now I know which styles I shouldn't buy bc they're going to stay on the hanger and I'll never wear it. I like the book. Super easy to follow and great visuals!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Style and the Successful Girl: Transform Your Look, Transform Your Life
Style and the Successful Girl: Transform Your Look, Transform Your Life by Gretta Monahan (Hardcover - October 1, 2013)
$30.00 $19.89