Customer Discussions > The Gift forum

SuBo's 4th Album?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 28, 2011 9:57:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2014 3:21:34 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2011 2:42:20 PM PDT
Interesting topic. I can think of several with whom I would love to hear Susan sing. Gaga is not among my personal choices, but Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, Barbra Streisand, and Danny Osmond are a few that I believe would be brilliant choices..

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2011 5:39:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 28, 2011 5:44:33 PM PDT
Sorry, EB, it's a nice story , but Jackie has already said on a QVC video that she has never met Susan or Streisand. Just an inventive reporter I'm afraid. The Susan duet was recorded by Susan in London and Jackie in LA and then put together by the producers. In the Streisand case, Jackie sang with a track that Barbra laid down 25 years ago. Since both Susan and Jackie are signed with Sony, I imagine Susan was asked to do this to boost Jackie's sales and expand her fan base and she agreed. Happily, it is really a beautiful duet.

The album of duets may be more PR invention or maybe Susan is really thinking about it. Probably further down the line than her 4th CD I'd think, though.

Posted on May 29, 2011 2:52:33 AM PDT
The Old Boyler needs Jackie Evancho more than Jackie needs her. The Old Boyler can never do anything on her own. She either needs a studio set up with all those engineers and a producer guiding her every step and rectifying every error. If she appears live on radio or TV she needs an interlocutor to ask questions and not be too challenging. SuBo never ever makes a public appearance where she can go out there completely on her own and hold the audience in her hands. Of course she would like to make an album of duets. It would help boost her sales. It wouldn't do an awful lot for the reputations of the fellow duettists though.

Posted on May 29, 2011 6:09:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2011 6:10:29 AM PDT
Jkirk says:
I have a great fondness for the voice of Michael Buble. I'd like him to be added to the list of possible duet partners. However, I must say, that I like JUST Susan the best! Her voice is rich and warm and wonderful.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 6:26:02 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2014 3:21:44 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 6:26:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2014 3:21:54 AM PST]

Posted on May 29, 2011 6:27:11 AM PDT
Realmusiklvr says:
She will have no end of volunteers to join her on another huge selling album, but I think she will wait quite some time. Too much else we want to hear her do. Anyone she sings with benefits with huge positive publicity. Good reason for that.

Posted on May 29, 2011 6:43:28 AM PDT
Paulie says:
Well Mr Kettering, I see you must be an authority on the music industry... Hmm I wonder if you were also one of those who made a judgment call on Susan when she performed on that first audition??? Having met Susan twice once for just a few minutes and again in her home not so long ago for over an hour.. I think sir you really need to take stock of what you are saying don't you??? 'Don't Judge a Book' and all that!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 6:52:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2014 3:22:03 AM PST]

Posted on May 29, 2011 7:10:16 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 19, 2013 6:20:59 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 7:15:54 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2014 3:22:13 AM PST]

Posted on May 29, 2011 8:32:37 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 19, 2013 6:20:45 AM PDT]

Posted on May 29, 2011 10:02:43 AM PDT
@ JS: Pick up Susan's trash bins, no doubt. Only thing they're good for.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 10:50:05 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 19, 2013 6:20:38 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 1:44:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2011 1:41:09 PM PDT
A few home videos shot in the local church hall or old folks home hardly warrants the accolade of being a great solo performer working her socks off in order to reach the top. Let us just take away every image of her and every thing you have seen or heard about her, and the fact that she is a fat middle aged half wit who can sing a bit who wiggled her hips and made herself look ridiculous on BGT. Take away all of that. If you had turned on your radio one day and heard this voice coming out of it would you have thought that it was a reasonably good voice but not a great one? Would you have thought oh boy! what a voice I must slot that one in with the great singers like Streisand, Eder, Rihanna, Cassidy, Springfield and Bassey for instance? I think not. SuBo is not in the same league. People were surprised by what she looked like and because she looked and acted as if she was a couple of notes short of an octave, she has been hyped and puffed up out of all proportion to her talent. I repeat, she does not perform concerts. She does not have the talent, the nerve nor the charisma to walk onto a stage alone in front of a large audience and make it her own. She has never done it and she never will. She is just a recording artist and nothing more and she has not always cut the mustard in there. There are hundreds of equally good journeyman singers doing the rounds of West End shows in choruses and acting as understudies. The difference between them and SuBo is that they can perform several songs a show eight shows a week in front of audiences of maybe a couple of thousand each time rather than like SuBo crooning to a couple of dozen armchair bound old folk snoozing in death's waiting room at the local council run old folks home. Before you chastise me for being rude about old folk I am an old git myself but I am not ready to sit and wait for the grim reaper to call. I have been round the proverbial block many times and I've heard many great singers young, old, many still living and many now dead. As a little boy I even saw the great Benjamino Gigli perform live. In this modern age of celebrity and dumbing down, take it from me SuBo does not belong in the pantheon of great singers. She is a celebrity because of her quirkiness not because she is a great talent.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 2:18:20 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2014 3:22:27 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2011 1:50:45 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 31, 2011 1:02:39 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2011 2:53:53 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2014 3:22:37 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2011 7:12:59 AM PDT
The theatres where auditions for BGT are held are not houses which seat several thousands. So we can scotch that for a start. As for comparisons with Faryl. Faryl has sung at the Royal Albert Hall on at least four occasions. She has sung on football and rugby grounds to crowds from 30,000 to 90,000. She has sung at a number of classical music festivals both indoor and open air. She has sung in concerts in York Minster and Durham Cathedral. She has sung in concert halls up and down the country and abroad. All of these are live performances in front of large paying audiences. And yes she has released two albums and made a number of TV appearances. Before BGT she had won numerous prizes at eisteddfods. Plus she has won prestigeous classical awards and nominations since turning professional. She has already sung before Her Majesty the Queen on two occasions and is due to do so again on Derby Day at Epsom. As I write this she is two months short of her 16th birthday and having completed her formal schooling she is now about to enter the 6th form next year because she wants to qualify for a university place. Now I am not puffing Faryl up nor over hyping her. I am merely stating verifiable facts here. Now if you could please, would you like to describe Susan Boyles' CV and state how you think it stacks up against Faryl's. By the way I think that your remark about Alzheimers was in bad taste.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2011 10:13:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2014 3:22:47 AM PST]

Posted on May 30, 2011 10:14:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 7, 2014 3:22:52 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2011 2:04:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2011 2:25:04 AM PDT
You keep avoiding questions. I have described a large part of Faryl's CV and invited you to do the same for SuBo but you evade the question. You believe that SuBo is a mega star and I ask you what has she done apart from release two unspectacular albums to deserve that accolade? As for the Glasgow SECC, it, like many other very large venues in the UK does not always make the full seating capacity available at all events. The Birmingham NEC and the O2 Arena did not cater for a full capacity audience for the BGT Live Tour. The Glasgow SECC may well have made its large hall fully available for The BGT Live Tour. But I suspect that neither hall was used to capacity for the auditions. 4,232 bums on seats is a big ask for auditions for a show which for the most part is a platform for the display of artistic ineptitude of absolutely the lowest order. By the way The Priory is in London. Why would they want to send me all the way from Edinburgh to London? You know how the Scots are renowned for having made meaness into an art form. Who do you think would foot the bill for incarcerating me in such an exclusive and expensive 5 star happy farm? They would probably demand that I pay a deposit on the straightjacket.

Posted on May 31, 2011 9:32:49 AM PDT
Realmusiklvr says:
Could Susan Boyle fans who enjoy her threads here agree that taunting trolls does nothing for our making this an informative and pleasant place to visit. Just saying.

Posted on May 31, 2011 10:01:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 19, 2013 6:20:29 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Gift forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  May 28, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Gift
The Gift by Susan Boyle (Audio CD - 2010)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (553)