Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on September 9, 2011
Although the bottle says Peppermint it really doesn't smell like it at all. I usually get the standard "Deep Clean" however Amazon only offered that in the bulk buy, and I only wanted 1 bottle. After using it for a few weeks I can say it works identical to the normal scented "Deep Clean" version. I usually style my hair with strong gel or hair putty. Not many shampoos can get that stuff out after one wash but this stuff does. It has a manly fresh scent and the peppermint is hardly noticeable and does not leave you or your hair smelling like a candy cane. The only downside to this was my wife poking fun at me for having Peppermint shampoo lol.
on October 1, 2011
This doesn't seem to be listed on the Amazon description, but the bottle says:
- "Salon Proven to invigorate hair as well as American Crew Daily Shampoo";
- and "Invigorating shampoo made specifically for men's hair."

I bought this product at a convenience store, so I had the supposed benefit of reading that information, which coupled with the very prominent "Peppermint" in the product name led me to believe that this was going to be a minty, invigorating shampoo. It's not.

There is no trace of peppermint (or any other mint) in the scent, and it is not what I would call "invigorating". It's regular shampoo... almost: The consistency is not like regular shampoo; it's like a gel. (I'm not marking it down for the consistency, that was just an oddity. I generally like Suave, but this product was a let-down and I won't be buying it again.

If you want an "invigorating" shampoo, the best I've used is Nioxin (Nioxin Cleanser, System 1 (Fine/Untreated/Normal to Thin-Looking), 33.8 Ounce). Regardless of whether you think it helps with thinning hair, it works great as a shampoo. The Nioxin conditioner is equally good. They both are minty and will leave your scalp feeling fresh. The conditioner in particular will tingle. They're just very expensive.
on February 9, 2012
I actually bought this as a filler to get to the free shipping amount for an order, I'm glad I did. It really makes my scalp feel invicorated after using it. It also has a nice smell. Works great!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon December 11, 2011
I bought this shampoo because I love shampoos that smell like peppermint and make my scalp feel all tingly, especially in the morning when I'm groggy and trying to wake up. This doesn't have a peppermint scent at all. The fragrance is sort of like a men's shampoo with some fruitiness to it. However, it does do a good job of cleaning my shoulder length hair. I like most of Suave's shampoos and use them all the time, but when a label says "Peppermint" that's what it should smell like. I won't buy this one again.
on April 1, 2011
Now when I bought Suave Deep Clean Peppermint I was expecting the scent of peppermint like other higher priced shampoos infused with peppermint oil. This does not smell like anything even close to peppermint nor does it contain anything peppermint related...

That being said, I really like the product. It has a fresh clean scent and leaves your hair feeling soft and clean all day. A local store had it on sale and I bought 3 more bottles. If shampoo comes up in conversation, i would recommend it...
on May 22, 2013
This shampoo works just fine, but doesn't have even a hint of peppermint scent. I was looking for something to pair with the very minty American Crew conditioner, which has a really invigorating, intense peppermint smell--I was disappointed that this shampoo doesn't seem minty at all.
on April 20, 2013
I was expecting more of a refreshing scalp. Its not going to make your scalp feel integrated. You can barely smell or tell that it even has peppermint in it. Not a bad deal for the price though.
on April 19, 2013
very good imitation of the original but doesnt quite have the scent or the luxurios feel that the original does, still gets my hair clean and doesn;t have the great scent but much cheaper!
VINE VOICEon February 16, 2012
[Good]

It's cheap.

It cleans.

Cool looking bottle.

There are no weird dyes like another product from Suave: Suave Men 2-in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner, Ocean Charge, 12.6 Oz (Pack of 3) Suave Professionals Men 2 in 1 Ocean Charge Shampoo/Conditioner, 12.6 Ounce

It smells alright; more on this below.

[Bad]

There is no peppermint smell. I really hate false advertising.

The smell is really strong and it lingers. Why does every cheap product have more perfume than more expensive products? Wouldn't the manufacturer save more money by using less perfume? Using this shampoo is a great way of announcing to the world how cheap you are.

There is no peppermint or menthol like feeling on your scalp.

[Verdict]

Decent and cheaper American Crew alternative.
on October 17, 2012
I bought this on a whim for Meijer for about 2.5 total, it's probably the best shampoo I've ever used, My hair doesn't get dirty fast so I usually just wash it 2-3 times a week. That being said when I do I usually wash it with this then follow up with the anti-dandruff shampoo & some conditioner (I have long hair)

This stuff suds up exceptionally well, and really gets into the scalp. Unlike some other shampoos that I used to have to use when I was younger *cough* Head & Shoulders / VO5. It has a peppermint smell to it which is alright I guess, I'd rather have my hair not smell like something edible, but I did receive a few complements on how my hair smelled from a few female co-workers, so I suppose it's OK with me.

Lastly it also rinses out really well. I don't know about you but I loath the feeling of cling on soap to the point where I'll scald my hands to remove the slimy feeling from left over oils that shouldn't be on my hands.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse