4.0 out of 5 stars Love this mousse, but..
Published 24 months ago by RedSoxRisa

3.0 out of 5 stars not crazy about it
Published on November 12, 2011 by catsruletn

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this mousse, but.., July 14, 2012
RedSoxRisa (Red Sox Nation, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Mousse (Misc.)
Let me start by saying that I love this mousse. As someone who refuses to spend boatloads of money on hair products, I was very excited to see the new Suave Professionals line for curly hair. I tried it and was definitely not disappointed. It gives my hair great volume, my curls are well defined and it holds up pretty well against humidity. And, bonus, my hair doesn't feel like straw when I use it. For all these reasons I would not hesitate to give it 5 stars, but..
I keep having problems with the dang cans!! I have probably bought 5 or 6 cans of this mousse now and only 2 have I been able to use until empty. I bought one and it wouldn't even spray at all (now I'm sure to test it in the store before I buy!) and 2-3 other times I got about halfway through the can and it just stopped working! You could definitely feel that there was still a ton of mousse left (and hear it when shaking the can). Some would dribble out little by little, but the mousse wouldn't "fluff up" anymore, and eventually the dribbles stop coming, leaving a bunch of unused mousse to be tossed. It's not a clogging issue, it's like the can loses pressure or something and just dies. The price is great, but if I only get half a can, the value is lost! But, I will continue to buy it because now I'm hooked.
Overall, a great mousse for curly hair, but could use a little help in the execution!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 22, 2011
This review is from: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Mousse (Misc.)
I was very skeptical about the new Suave line because of how cheap they are. However, this mousse is the best that I have found. It is a different consistency than most and it makes your curls just lovely. They are soft, full of volume, and defined. I will continue to purchase this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse for curly hair, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Mousse (Misc.)
So after years of gel used I've officially switched over to Mousse because the gel leaves my hair too hard and stringy.. I have thin curly hair and the wrong product can leave my hair feeling weighed down, lifeless, and straw-like. This one left my hair full, soft and bouncy. The curls are always just right - not too curly, not to droopy.. perfect! After trying to hunt this down in several stores with no luck, I looked on Amazon and found it here at a better price! I am so happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works amazingly well., May 6, 2012
This review is from: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Mousse (Misc.)
I've been using this for a while now. I have fine, slightly wavy hair...when I put this on my hair when it's damp, scrunch with a towel, and air dry (or blow dry while scrunching), it gives me soft, defined waves. It doesn't leave my hair crunchy like so many other mousses do. This is one of my all-time favorite hair care products, and really can't be beat for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Mousse (Misc.)
I'm not sure what kind of magic they put into this product, but it is hands down, the best hair product I have ever used in my life (I have 3a curls). Every hair on my head is in perfect ringlets when I use it. It looks like I've spent hours meticulously forming each curl into the perfect ringlet. I have used my fair share of different products and none of them even come close to beginning to start to approach how awesome this product is. I hope they never stop making it because I will never stop using it. It's so good that when I travelled recently and realized I forgot it and would have to go a whole week without, I went out and bought another (good thing it's only $3). You have to use quite a bit more than you think you'll need, at least a golf ball for just below the shoulder length. It feels disgusting and sticky and horrible right when it's first in, but if you massage it around until there's no white showing and let it dry, it is not crunchy or sticky at all. It's very important you put it in when your hair is very wet. Don't towel dry it first. After using this my curls are soft and touchable, something no other mousse has ever allowed.

Update:
This mousse is weirdly good as a straightening treatment. I applied this like normal, then decided I wanted straight hair that day. So I let it air dry until damp and got to work. My hair cooperated and then some. I straightened it, put it up in a bun and let it sit, then when I let it down my hair was glossy, sleek and looked JUST like Kate Middleton's hair. I was told multiple times I had princess hair and how amazing it looked. How odd! That just more solidifies that this is an HG product for anyone with curly hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars straight hair, November 1, 2013
Amy M. Peterson (Southgate, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Mousse (Misc.)
I have totally straight hair and I use this mousse to provide some bounce and hold some body and it works great. I know its for curly hair but it works wonderfully for my straight hair.

3.0 out of 5 stars not crazy about it, November 12, 2011
This review is from: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Mousse (Misc.)
This mousse is ok but is sort of gummy and I find it hard to spread it through my hair evenly. I like a lighter consistency mousse that is faster and easier to work through my quite thick hair. This mouse does do a good job of keeping my hair from getting frizzy and doesn't get hard or crunchy which is a good thing. Overall it is not my favorite mousse of all the many kinds I have tried and probably won't get it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok product, August 20, 2011
This review is from: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Mousse (Misc.)
Try Beyond Zone Noodle Head or Got 2 B Smooth Operator, I think they work best to manage curls.
This was an ok product.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO THANKS!, August 25, 2013
This review is from: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Mousse (Misc.)
I wanted to try this mousse because I have tried the suave alcohol free spray gel and really liked it. This mousse, however, does nothing. It doesn't define or keep curls any better than water and the small amount of "hold" it does have wears off in about an hour and leaves your hair with a greasy film. Don;t bother with this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Mousse (Misc.)
Finally found a mousse that maintains my curls without weighing them down or making them extremely stiff (like most gels). I have wild hispanic curls and this is the first mousse I've found that doesn't make my hair stiff and knotty. My curls maintain there volume and settle fizz. A curly hair women's dream! Try it!

Rate and Discover Movies