Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Shop Now HTL

VINE VOICEon April 30, 2011
Overall this is a pretty darn good dry shampoo. I've tried several. I prefer the aerosol as opposed to the foams. The foams seem to make the hair a bit greasier. Anyway I stopped shampooing my hair daily. But some days I do put product in my hair and the next morning I want a fresh start without rewashing my hair. So, I have tried some dry shampoos. This has a great smell very citrusy, sort of pineappley.

Anyway, best bet, just spray your roots. Shake the can, hold it 12 to 15 inches from your head, spray your roots. You can massage it in a little. Be careful not to damage your hair cuticles by over rubbing the hair. Then I like to brush the rest of the dry shampoo through my hair using my boar bristle brush. (I like the Isinis brush). The one problem I have with dry shampoos is that the dry shampoos usually come out sort of a white powder color. I have dark brown almost black hair and when you spray a white powder to my roots, no matter how well I brush it in, I inevitably miss a little and it either looks like I'm going gray or I have hair discoloration.

Overall, this works great. My only issue is that I wish they would make a dark hair color variety. I believe Batiste dry shampoo makes a colored variety, also a good brand for dry shampoo. But I really do like how this brand smells and how accessible this is.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2011
The only good thing I can say about this product is that it did take away the "oily" look from my hair.
Now I know other reviewers have said something like this but I'll say it again, if you're lucky you will get maybe 4 uses out of this product. I tried this twice, the first time I got only 2 uses out of it & I didn't even spray that much on my hair both times. I thought I was losing my mind after going to use it only 2 days later & it felt like nothing was left in the container. Tried it a second time thinking the first bottle was just faulty or something but nope, happened again. Only got 3 uses out of it. And not only does it have a very strong scent but it leaves my hair feeling heavy & course, like I have a bunch of product in it when I don't. Yeah, it's less than $3.00 but you definitely get what you pay for.
So anyway, I ended up trying Tresemme's Fresh Start dry shampoo the next time, which is only a dollar or so more than Suave, and it works great. Smells good & does the job it's supposed to.
So in conclusion if you're looking for a cheap dry shampoo that works, I'd say skip this one & try Tresemme Fresh Start! Hope this review helps!
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2013
I've tried so many dry shampoos and this is my favorite, so far. I save so much time skipping a day between washes and it doesn't build-up like some of the other brands I've tried. It smells really fresh which, if your hair easily absorbs odors, like smoke or from being in a table-side cooking restaurant it absorbs and lifts that too. Love it.
on October 16, 2014
I have tried every moderately priced dry shampoo on the market from L'oreal to Pantene to Herbal Essence and everything in between. I've also tried a lot of more expensive 'designer' brands. My favorite is a brand called Ojon but it's way too expensive - especially at the rate I use this stuff. I will buy it to take on a special trip or occasion but not for everyday use.

I have extremely fine hair and oily skin - which means that about 20 minutes after a beautiful blowout, my hair is weighed down a greasy. I've tried every volumizing and clarifying shampoo on the market with no change in the way my hair (at the roots) just sops up the oil and leaves me with stringy lifeless hair.

The price listed here was a bit more than I typically pay. Walmart and Target typically sell this for about $2.50 - $3.50, but rarely have it in stock anymore. CVS and Walgreens use to sell it, as well as some grocery stores, but they have recently stopped. The recent lack of availability of this product has scared me so whenever I find it for a good price, I buy the whole lot. I use about 1 of these in a week (sometimes a bit more).

I use it right after I blow dry in the morning and again just lightly before bed. It's best to use it before you get oily - as a prevention. Otherwise, if you just spray it on the oily area, it creates a bit of residue and can take a while to work out. Plus, it just doesn't ever look as clean after that.

As I mentioned, I have extremely fine, flat hair which is a dirty blond color so when it gets oily it just looks dirty minus the blonde. This keeps my color fresh and gives me great volume. I usually don't skip a day shampooing (with real shampoo and water) because my hair just gets too weighed down by then. In order to keep soaking up that kind of oil, I would need to use a ton of this stuff which in turn starts to dry out my ends - so the result is frizzy.

If you have a different hair type than fine and oily, this product is likely to work differently for me than it does for you. The important thing is to find something that works for and/or is recommended for your hair type.
on October 21, 2012
As my hair is on show on a constant basis i needed to find something that would help keep my hair looking and smelling fresh in between washes. I have tried other brands and did not find that they helped at all, in fact they made my hair feel greasy and dirty.

I went out on a whim and purchased this brand and only after using it a couple times, loved it so much went to 'subscribe and save' the product so that i would have a continuous supply and never run out.

The product smells great not overpowering and still makes my hair feel and smell fresh. The product works great! Yes like more dry shampoos it does leave a white residue, however if you spray the product and rub it in with your hands then take a comb and brush it through slightly the white residue disappears.

Great price Great product what else can i say, i try it! :)
on June 3, 2011
I have bought this product twice and I am extremely disappointed in it. The first time I bought it I was very happy with the results; I didn't feel the need to wash my hair or even throw it up in a ponytail. But the next time I went to use it, the sprayer clogged completely. I thought it was because I accidentally left it laying down instead of standing up, so I threw it away and bought another bottle. Same thing happened but I had left it upright this time. When I shake the bottle it sounds like there is hardly anything left in it and when I try to spray, nothing comes out. I will try to run warm water through the sprayer later and see if that works, but it's very irritating to have to do this after only the second use! You definitely get what you pay for; this is a cheaply-made product and I will be purchasing a different brand of dry shampoo next time.
on December 18, 2013
I absolutely LOVE this stuff! With work, school, and a toddler, it's rare that I have a chance for any "me" time (and yes, sometimes, this includes washing my hair). Just one spray and it looks clean all day! I have oily hair unless I wash it every day, so it's nice that I can skip this step when necessary, but still appear to my coworkers, classmates, and family as someone with the utmost attention to hygiene. I've also noticed that I can tint my hair lighter by using this spray when my hair is so fresh and so clean. This is really an awesome backup plan for anyone with a hectic schedule.
on April 27, 2011
A few months back, I wanted to stop washing my hair every day and started trying different dry shampoos. The others I tried left my hair sticky, or didn't smell good, or left a powdery appearance. I tried this product right when it came out, and it works so much better than other products! The biggest benefit is the scent- it smells great! Citrusy and fresh, but not over powering.

As for the actual performance of the product, I find it makes my roots less oily and leaves my hair feeling soft and clean. It doesn't work as well as actually washing your hair, but it does allow me to skip a day or two between washing and keeps my hair from looking greasy.

Keys to success with this product: Hold the bottle about a foot from your head to prevent clumps/stickiness. Use your fingers to rub it in, and then brush it out. It's usually roots that get oily first, so focus on spraying towards the top of your head and rub it in to your scalp.
on July 30, 2012
I have fine, oily, dirty-blonde hair, and this stuff works wonders for me! It takes some practice to get the routine down, but once I figured out a routine for my hair, I have to stop myself from using it! After washing, my hair feels really baby-fine and thin, so adding a little volume with the Suave Pro Dry Shampoo helps a ton with styling. And, I like the texture a lot better than any hairspray or mousse.

I agree, you don't get much mileage out of a can. I can usually stretch one can to last about 2 weeks if I'm using the product every 2 or 3 days. And yeah, I wish it would last longer. But seriously, for the price, I don't understand how anyone can complain! By hair product standards, this is dirt cheap! I've tried 4 other brands of dry shampoo including 2 'fancy' brands that cost TEN TIMES what this stuff does, but none do a better job than the Suave Pro. To compensate, I just make sure I buy 2 cans at a time.

I know it's different for everyone, but the scent of Suave Pro Dry Shampoo is SO much better than 3 of the other brands I've tried. 1 other brand used to give me tension headaches consistently, and 2 others made me want to gag. This has a citrus-ey smell that works for me. Sure, it's no eau de toilette, but it's perfectly fine and even a little pleasant.

If I had a complaint, it would be this: My husband & I are known to take spontaneous mini-vacays to SoCal. On 2 occasions, I've *not* packed this dry shampoo thinking 'I'll just stop at a Target or WalMart when we get there to grab some.' Nope. On both occasions, I've checked multiple stores (big-box stores, grocery stores, drug stores, etc.) with zero luck. They're always out of stock literally everywhere I check. So, I travel prepared now.
on July 8, 2014
Better than other drugstore brands I've tried including hairspray brands I love like TRESemme and Schwartzkopf, and better than most high-end brands like Oscar Blandi, for a fraction of the price. The main ingredient is rice starch - same as Blandi and most other popular brands. Light lemongrass scent, superfine spray easy to work into scalp.

I noted that the most negative review was about the number of uses - I had the same experience with my first bottle, here's the trick... Spray in SHORT BURSTS - not long ones. And shake the bottle before each use. I don't really understand why, but this made a HUGE difference in the number of uses I got out of it. The first time, i think I got 4 or 5 uses... this time, I've gotten 10+ uses. Do not expect to get the same number of uses from any dry shampoo spray you get from hairspray - it's apples-to-oranges.

Another tip: keep the focus on your part, and around the edges of your hairline on your face, plus a burst at the crown of your head. You shouldn't need to cover everything - the oils are concentrated on your scalp, and using less, but taking the time to rub it in as soon as you spray means you use less each time.

BONUS: the scent. I have had more people ask "What perfume are you wearing - I love it!" from the light lemongrass scent of this dry shampoo than any actual perfume I've ever worn! It's not noticeable once you spray it, but it seems like people get a whiff in close proximity...not so much that it interferes with my perfume, though.