5.0 out of 5 stars Sub-Human

2.0 out of 5 stars Pulp Science Fiction
Published 16 months ago by Al Hence

5.0 out of 5 stars Sub-Human, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
David Simpson's books seem to grasp the reader and not let go. It is a very difficult book to put down as you keep wanting to know what happens next and you develop a sympathy for some of the characters, even the bad guys. I definitely recommend reading this book before reading "Post-Human" by the same author even though he wrote this book after "Post-Human". In any case, the author has a vivid imagination in creating a future world governed by computer control of nearly all things in human life. Well done!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Reads like an action film happening in your head, September 13, 2012
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
This book reads like an action film, say Terminator, Robo-Cop, Inception or even Matrix. In the best traditions of Heinlein's Starship Troopers, or Joe Haldeman's "Forever War", "Sub-Human" is absolutely amazing writing and I can tell you, if you enjoy action in your science fiction, you will love this. I could NOT put it down for a second. Basically, this is futuristic military sci-fi; an artificial intelligence enhanced soldier finds the world changed--and what can he believe, and why are his former platoon mates hunting him down?

I'm anxious to read the others in the series and best of all, the Kindle books are affordable and it's like INSTANT gratification. I don't want to give away a single spoiler. Just saying, if you liked any of the films I mentioned or authors, you will love this. I did! Big Thumbs UP!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! and wow!, September 14, 2012
TheNewMe (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
I loved these books. Loved them so much that I couldn't stop reading until I had read all three in the seriies in ONE day. I only wish there more books in the series. I would love to find out more about what happens with these people next . Another sleepless night reading more would be worth it.
At first glance these books are just great science fiction but on further thought, they are filled with questions that humanity has faced, will face or might face. Questions that will leave you thinking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer,Bitchin,Fantastic,Far out,Super,Great,should I go on?No?!Okay., September 19, 2012
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
This book was super fun,I blasted through it in two sittings.

I'm not a good writer or critic so I wont go into prose and character definitions and othr things people that leave comments here go in to.I'll just say that I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the next in the series,I definitely recommend this book.

The reasons I bought this book were,1,I read the description and it sounded like my kinda story and 2,it had lots of 5 star reviews.I've found I can generally trust my fellow sub human reviewers/commenters.

My two cents?It's a measly $2.99,money well spent,you wont regret it.

Alright future sub human,I'm off to become Post Human.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, September 9, 2013
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
fast and great read...can not wait to read te rest of the series...just may call in sick to work in order to do so!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast read., April 22, 2013
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the mix of sci-fi with romance, action, realism and battle. One reviewer gave it one star because she said the author was atheist. I disagree strongly with that opinion as the hero in the book was always trying to do good acts and had good morals. I definitely do not care about the author's religious affiliation and I don't think this book has anything to do with that. I enjoyed the quality of the writing and the imaginative story line and the character development.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Prequel. If you liked the others, you won't be disappointed., August 15, 2012
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
Simpson starts the ball rolling right away with the first pages of Sub-Human, and he doesn't let up until we reach THE END. I won't give any spoilers, but this prequel to his popular other novels (Post-Human and Trans-Human) goes a long way in explaining the world he has created. He takes a typical super-hero type story (the rebuilding of someone injured into a technological marvel) and gives us a treat. It's an action-packed narrative full of cyborgs, global warfare, robots, and even time travel. Again, we're talking super-hero fiction from within the umbrella of transhuman discourse. He doesn't preach and he doesn't lean toward didacticism. It's all fun. I should say that I read an ARC, so I am sure this final product is worth the three bucks.

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of action, February 24, 2013
Audrey "avid reader" (Westampton, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book of the Post-Human series. It is also the first book by David Simpson that I have read. The basic premise for the plot is interesting. It is a page-turner full of action. However, I would have liked more character development with clearer motives for the actions that occur. Think the Terminator movies plus the old TV series Quantum Leap plus a bit of Star Trek thrown in with some Nazi fanaticism for good (or bad) measure. I guess I'll have to read the next book to find out what happens next.

5.0 out of 5 stars this one works, June 15, 2013
Alpha 2 (Winchester, Va United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
I don't always love prequels, but this one really works for me. I will go on to re read the others now with great joy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pulp Science Fiction, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Sub-Human (Paperback)
Five stars? Really? This series is interesting mostly because it is part of the re-birth of pulp fiction. Great literature it ain't. This kind of slam-bang, rip and read novel was once cranked out in the hundreds. But the form pretty much died with pulp magazines as a result of rising distribution costs. Thanks to electronic media it is back. These novels aren't meant to deliver anything except a diverting read. Rickety plotting and shallow characterization are part of the deal. So is sloppy editing.

Rate and Discover Movies