on August 22, 2013
I bought the Sub Dual short sleeve shirt, as well as the Sub Dual leggings to wear under my hockey goalie equipment. I was a bit disappointed when I placed the order because it said the expected delivery date was nearly a month after I ordered (Items ship from the UK). However, I was pleasantly surprised to see them at my house 7 days after order.

I was able to use them for the first time today and I am very happy with them. This is significantly better than what I used to wear. The leggings are great under goalie pads - they allow the pads to rotate freely.

The DUAL allowed me to breath even though the ice conditions are cold. Would certainly recommend based on my initial use.

I am 6'2" approximately 200 lbs - the large was the right size to order. The shirt is a bit difficult to get on and off, but it was comfortable once on.
on May 24, 2012
This shirt is pretty great for the price, and in fact, could be sold for much higher. The quality of the material is above what I expected, and it fits me perfectly (I weigh about 140lbs and am 5-9 and ordered the small size).
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 2, 2014
Thoughts:

The material used in this compression shirt is thick, cool to the touch, and feels great. Quality and stitching are top notch, also. I bought this compression shirt to wear under my gi while training jiu jitsu, mostly for the sweat-wicking and body-cooling properties. I can say that, not only is it great at wicking sweat away and keeping me cool, but it also fits very snugly to the point where I forget I'm wearing it! It's like a glove for my body. I like that they offer several colors, however I went with black just to contrast with my white gi. Might get more adventurous with the colors later on as I buy more of these (yes, I already want more).

Sizing:

I'm 5'7'' @ 130lbs, pretty slim, but fit guy, and I ordered a medium based on the other reviews here saying to order a size up (I normally wear size S t-shirts). It fits nicely, although the compression is tighter is certain areas. For example, the compression on my biceps is more noticeable than the compression on my oblique/rib area. The medium is not loose on me, by any sense of the word, however I *think* that I could go with a S if I wanted some serious compression.

My advice for those wondering about what size to go with would be this
- If you want *a lot* of compression, order your normal t-shirt size.
- If you want a moderate amount of compression, order one size up from your t-shirt size.
- If you want a loose fit (I don't know why you'd want this), order two sizes up from your t-shirt size.

I would probably adjust this scale one size up on all my recommendations if you're a particularly bulky/thick person, as I'm fairly slim.

Some notes and observations:

- Others here have noticed color bleeding onto their skin or other fabric when using this for the first/second time. I did not notice this with the black color, in fact I wore it without washing the first time, and it didn't transfer any color to my white gi. I'm guessing this might be a problem with the other colors, but I'd be willing to bet that black and white are the safer colors to get if you're worried about color bleeding
- The washing instructions say never to put your shirt in the dryer. Well, stuff happens, and mine accidentally ended up in the dryer because it was hidden in another article of clothing. Good news is that it survived the ordeal in one piece, and doesn't feel any different. I'll be careful not to risk it again, but just so you know, this shirt can handle being sent through the dryer accidentally without being damaged or shrinking terribly.
- Keep it away from velcro. Velcro really tears up the material, so keep this shirt clear. I washed this with some board shorts, and the velcro on the shorts ended up attaching to the back of the shirt, and the material started pilling a bit. Thankfully it was a rather small area.

Needless to say, I'm very happy with this shirt, although at the time I purchased it, it was $5 cheaper. Here's hoping SUB lowers their price back so I can pickup an entire wardrobe worth of these things.

*Note, this review only pertains to the SUB DUAL Short Sleeve compression shirt. I have not ordered nor tried on any of the cold weather compression shirts, long sleeve compression shirts, or graduated compression shirts.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 1, 2013
I have ordered a couple of these shirts now and love them. I am 6'1, 230 lbs and work out regularly and wear a 46 long jacket. I order a large and it is a little snug but it is a compression shirt and is supposed to be snug. I am also very pleased with the quality for the money, I will buy again.
on July 28, 2012
Fits somewhat smaller than more popular name brands like Nike and Adidas (the only 2 I'm comparing to). It was definitely built well and the material felt as it should. I'd recommend going a size up from your normal size.
on November 16, 2014
This is easily one of my favorite rash guards for submission grappling. I enjoy having the understated stuff. This is awesome to wear and half the price of anything else of equal quality. If you're a Jiu Jitsu/submission grappler then this is a solid buy. Check the size chart on their website. it'll get you lined up.
on February 27, 2015
Love it and the colors are amazing... The fit was tight but is expected for a compression shirt. I just advise that if you have a big chest or big muscular arms then you should get the X large. The large is more like a medium to me but I am satisfied because it makes my fat look like muscle. It even slims my stomach as im wearing it. 5 stars!
on May 8, 2015
I love the quality of these shirts. I'm 5'9", 198 lbs, 19" arms, 32' waist, 50" chest, pretty thick and muscular. I have purchased many of these in different sizes. Even with my size I can fit into a small. I use this size for working out since I like more compression when I'm working out. They don't bind on me anywhere. I wear the L and XL for work and for pleasure. Because of my muscular physique they make me look great. They do hug your body like a second skin and show off all of your contours, but that's also what a compression shirt does. I will agree with other reviewers that if you're not in the best shape they will definitely show how fat you are and you may want to consider larger sizes or don't get them at all. The color selection is great and the delivery time is impressive. For regular sizing I would suggest you get your regular size. If you like more compression get a smaller size; if you like less compression or are not in good shape, get a larger size. Just keep in mind that they are compressions shirts and even at larger sizes will not be so big as to be wrinkly. All sizes will fit snug on your body and show exactly what physical shape your body is in. They will not magically make you look like the model unless you have the muscles and abs to begin with. They are great shirts, the construction is excellent, and the seams are strong. I'm very pleased with them.
on February 7, 2015
I bought this to use in my TKD classes. It's a compression shirt and it does the job well!
I read the reviews before purchasing and was puzzled by some of the reactions some people had.
I went ahead and selected my normal T-shirt size (which is an extra large) and was pleasantly surprised to see this shirt show up quickly.
Yes, it fits tight since it is a compression shirt but that what it's supposed to do. It keep me cool and dry while keeping my muscles supported.
It can be unflattering if you are appearance conscious but it does run true to size and hug tightly to your torso.
This product does appear to be well made and has held up so far.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have compression sleeves for my calves.
I have compression shorts.

This is the first compression shirt I've tried and I must be honest. I am not certain I like it.
It may be because I don't have a chiseled body and this thing fits snug! I'm 5'9", 180 lb, and purchased the large.

It will keep you cooler. Moisture is wicked away immediately, and has a great cooling affect.
As the first layer in a system I find it works very well, again, for the reason of keeping the moisture away from you. As an under-layer this aids in keeping warm.

As I wear it more on my runs I will endeavor to update this review.

12-25-2014
I have worn this shirt on several runs now and I do notice a difference in recovery time and while running. It does hold the muscle groups well.
I have also lost 7 lbs since my last post on this item. Now down to 173 lb!
Great for X-country skiing! Helps to move sweat away from the body when used as an under-layer. Compression Gear Works!!

I do give me recommendation for this product!