5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt!!!
Was not familiar with this brand but after I had to have my $50 Under Armour cut off me due to a seperated Ac joint injury skiing, I needed a new skiing base layer. Compression shirts are all I use for ski baselayers. They are amazing. They keep out the cold and wind and give pressure to keep your muscles warmer.

I was very happy with my Cw-x compression shirt...
Published 23 months ago by Kyle William

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy one size larger
These are undersized. I usually wear a Large size. Even for a body hugging compression base layer, this is too small. Will return and order an XL.
Published 14 months ago by rk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt!!!, February 20, 2013

I was very happy with my Cw-x compression shirt but left it at a resort. Awesome but $100.
Under Armour was ok not as good as Cw-x but only $50.

I took a chance with this SUB. Never heard of it but reviews were mostly positive. I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did.

It's better IMHO than Under Armour and close to Cw-x. The material on the thermo version is a bit heavier than normal spandex. It's very comortable and it def feels like it has much more compression than both other brands. And it's cheaper and comes in a ton of colors. The brushed interior material is super comfy.

It came from England. The email conformation said bet 6-8 weeks which was a bummer but it arrived in about 2 weeks.
I'm going to order a few others in yellow and green. I got the black in a large. I'm 6ft 185lbs it fits like a glove. It's super tight but that's how it's intended to fit.

If you know compression shirts you'll be very surprised at the quality / price point for this shirt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase for extended periods of time in the cold., February 12, 2013
I purchased this item along with the SUB COLD leggings following a winter camping expedition in Minnesota where I came to realize this particular time I was under-prepared given the temperature. I had been wearing normal long johns and limited layers. Along with other clothing upgrades I decided to give these a try based on the high review rating.

Performance - Before using these in the field for a long period of time I decided to test them out at home. I opened the window to the outdoor ten degree weather and sat at my computer while seeing how long it would take me to feel uncomfortable. In regular long johns it was about 5 to 10 minutes, however while wearing only these I was quite comfortable for closer to 40 to 45 minutes. This effect is considerably amplified in conjunction with general winter layering. The performance is exquisite for remaining comfortable in very cold temperatures and wicks & dries moisture extremely effectively. For these purposes the SUB COLD line are by far the best base layers I've ever used for cold winter temperatures.

Comfort - This base layer fits incredibly tight on the skin. At first it was so much so that I almost felt slightly claustrophobic. After a couple uses I began to actually prefer its fit as it feels very much like you have a second layer of skin which provides substantial protection from heat loss, especially due to moisture from sweat during high activity. Movement is quite easy & natural, after a while I forget I'm even wearing it. The comfort of fit will definitely depend on the wearer's physique. It's perfect for those who have an athletic to average build, but will likely be overly confining to anyone larger or considerably out of shape (possibly even so with a larger size). Despite loving the fit it does take a bit of effort to put on and take off compared to regular base layers, however this inconvenience is minuscule compared to its benefits in cold weather.

Washing - I've washed this about ten times or so and have had no issues to the fabric or to the logo yet. I always do air dry however, which takes very little time with this fabric.

I would definitely purchase this item again as well as recommend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight, October 6, 2012
Compression gear is ridiculously expensive, I bought this along with Duo pants because of the price. I'm a pretty thin guy 5'9" 150 lbs, but this brand is much tighter fitting than Nike Pro core or UA. I usually wear Medium and I generally prefer a snug fit. Sub isn't bad, but be aware it really sticks to you. I don't want to return it, but I likely won't buy it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy one size larger, November 30, 2013
rk "rk" (Springfield, IL) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Way to small !!!, August 25, 2014
So I ordered a XL and I'm 6 food 1 inch tall and 180 pounds heavy. That's actually not a bad body size, but I can't get in to the shirt. I have servile thermal shirts and there have to be on the tight side, but this one is way to tight. It fits my 11 year-old son, who will use it for his fall soccer season.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's A Base Layer, February 28, 2014
I purchased this for snowboarding. I was snowboarding in temps ranging from 10 to 25 degrees. Using just this with my sessions snowboard coat i found it to be cooler than i had expected. THIS IS A BASE LAYER AND IS USELESS WITHOUT INSULATION. The one thing i noticed is how when i would have been sweating and overheating with regular thermals, it did a good job of keeping me dry and cool. I would go as far as to say that this will not make you feel warm but will mostly help to maintain a consistent temp. Also this is a compression shirt and acts like a second skin(it's very very tight). The overall quality is very good and it seems to be made of durable material.
AASI Lvl 1 certified snowboard instructor for 4 years. been snowboarding for 15 years and take it from me this is better than the under armor version but is not the be all end all solution to staying warm in cold weather hence the 4 stars rather than 5. Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Runs way too small, January 14, 2014
Had the same experience with the Woman's shirt I ordered. Made the mistake of not keeping the receipt so now I am not only out the money but it was a Christmas present that needed replacement. Learned a hard lesson

1.0 out of 5 stars It is like for a child, August 29, 2014
Crazy small, not even close to a mens XL. I couldnt even come close to getting it on. It is like for a child. It says Mens XL but doesnt even fit my wife who is usually a medium. I have to return this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Small (Made for an Elf), October 20, 2014
Wish I read the reviews. Unbelievably small in size. I am 5'8" and 160 lbs and wear a size 40 jacket (They are usually a bit loose. I ordered a medium as per the sizing chart. Looked like it was for a child. Managed to get it over my head, no way to get over my shoulders. Label says man size medium. Returning item.

1.0 out of 5 stars But it is like S., July 14, 2014
I bought size L. But it is like S.