Customer Discussions > WWII in HD [Blu-ray] forum

Subtitles Blu-Ray Version

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 18, 2010 4:46:47 PM PST
L. Sancho says:
Does anyone know if this version of WWII in Blue Ray has subtitles in Spanish? I plan on giving it as a gift to my grandfather, he speaks only Spanish.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2010 8:10:12 AM PST
Joen says:
According to the reviews found at http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/ww2bluray.php and http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/WWII-in-HD-Blu-ray-Review/7595/

Subtitles: None
Languages: English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0)

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 2:01:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2010 2:02:19 PM PST
Eric Weiss says:
There are no subtitles or closed captions of any kind, English or otherwise. I have contacted The History Channel about this glaring oversight. Persons with hearing problems will have difficulty following this.

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 7:41:07 PM PST
L. Sancho says:
Thanks for the feedback. So sad that a production like this does not include subtitles of any kind. Perhaps in another release?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2010 4:47:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2010 4:48:51 AM PST
PAUL says:
Unfortunately, all History Channels DVD I have bought (the Complete Universe series) have no subtitles, even not closed captions.

This is also sad for me because I'm French.

On the opposite, I received this morning the Ten Commandments in blu ray, (2005 Echo Bridge edition), it's closed captioned and very easy to understand.

The top in this matter is the season 5 of Lost, zone 1, which is French and Spanish subtitled, even the extras !

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010 12:04:01 AM PST
Rich Becker says:
I also contacted the History Channel, but they seem intent on ignoring this issue. After initially sending in my complaint about the lack of subtitles through their online FAQ system, I got an automated response from A&E Entertainment which said that the email address that the History Channel sent the initial complaint was inactive. The automated response gave me another email address to write to, but my gmail account immediately returned the second email because the second email address was also bogus. I tried calling their 800 number, but because I didn't actually order the title through the A&E store, the person on the other end questioned my right to complain about the product.

So it appears that the History Channel forwards all complaints about individual products to A&E, who will refuse to deal with customers who didn't buy the product through their online store. If anybody has actually gotten through to the History Channel directly, please post the means in which you did so.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2010 12:45:30 PM PDT
Poco fan says:
Thank you Eric for bringing this to their attention. For years,I've been wanting to buy various products,but can't,as the omission of captions makes it impossible to enjoy it for this very hearing-impaired viewer.
Tim Jaqua
Bristol,VT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2010 5:00:43 PM PDT
William says:
I have had poor luck w The History Channel. e.g. "How the Earth was Made" -in 4:3 when it was broadcast in 16:9 HD!

How the Earth Was Made: Complete Season One

"Fool me twice ... " -enough! There are other , better videos to spend our $ on.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 18, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 1, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
WWII in HD (DVD)
WWII in HD (DVD) by Gary Sinise (DVD - 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (824)