Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2012 3:38:05 PM PDT
Subtitles during Spanish sequences (Hermanos flashback sequence for example) are not showing up. Anyone else having this issue?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 3:47:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 3:52:15 PM PDT
WL says:
It's a glitch on the disc that can be easily corrected in about 5 seconds. Go to the subtitle menu either on the main menu or while an episode is playing and turn the subtitles on, then off. Subtitles should now work for the Spanish language scenes.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:55:05 AM PDT
Kristen says:
Mine were off too - made for an incredibly BORING scene ....

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 8:48:14 PM PDT
Same problem here. Will have to try the fix mentioned above.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 8:31:00 PM PDT
C. Wald says:
Here is another way that worked for me. Load disc, then in bluray player playback menu, leave subtitle off and set subtitle language to "2 Eng" before watching. This resets to "1 Eng" so need to set this each time a disc is loaded.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 11:04:17 AM PDT
T. Smith says:
I had the same problem but I purchased the dvd version - not the blue ray. Mine have no CC at all and there is no english subtitle option available. Being hard of hearing I always use CC when subtitles are not available. So for season 4 I was doubly stung in that no CC at all and during spanish parts, no translations.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 8:54:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2012 7:07:29 AM PDT
J. Center says:
Blame Sony! It's been three months since these defective discs were released; I talked to a customer service rep today, who said they have 'a long list' of people requesting replacements because of this issue, but no info from Sony. Their web site has a specific FAQ question on season two disc problems, but nothing on season 4.

BTW, I tried BOTH the above solutions on my Oppo blu player; neither worked. Sony needs to take some responsibility for the defective discs, and make replacements available.

Update on 9/5 - I received a written reply from Sony this morning indicating that they were 'aware of the issue' but had no plans to replace the defective discs. They offered two unacceptable options: replace my BRDs with regular DVDs (without reimbursing me for the difference in price), or replace the entire set with a sealed copy of the defective discs so they could be returned (if they were even accepted for return two months after they were purchased).

Write Sony and complain. I'm also going to try to get AMC involved to see if they can't 'persuade' Sony to stop treating paying customers in such a cavalier manner.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Breaking Bad: Season 4 [Blu-ray]
Breaking Bad: Season 4 [Blu-ray] by Bryan Cranston (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (1,507)