Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

90%
10%
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on January 30, 2004
I have always enjoyed Napolean Hill's books. This man knew how to write in a a manner that compelled you to take action.Succeed and Grow Rich Through Persuasion is a must read for everyone, but especially salespeople. Teachers, parents, husbands and wives will find this book makes them more persuasive in all of their dealings. Although this book has ten chapters, I found the chapters on The Persuasive Personality, Prerequisites to Power and The manual for master salesmanshipparticularly noteworthy.Someof the other information does reat from Think & Grow Rich but that didn't stop me from picking up a new idea or two this time around.Get this book and learn The Power of Positve Persuasion. Also recomend Brian Tracy's "Advanced Selling Strategies."Tracy is a modern day version of Hill.
0Comment81 of 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2003
I bought this book back in the early 70's and sincerely feel that Succeed and Grow Rich is still one of the very best books ever written on salesmanship. In fact, if you were to buy, read and apply everything from this book and Og Mandino's "The Greatest Salesaman in the World", you couldn't go wrong.The 700 epigrams are powerful mind conditioners. Mt personal testomony is that they brought out a burning desire, self discipline, positive attitude and alove for other people like nothing else I have ever used.A philosophy that I live by is " God who giveth us richly for all things to enjoy" (I Timothy 6:17) and "I am come so they might have life and have it more abundantly" (John 10:10)Succeed and Grow Rich. Godspeed.
0Comment79 of 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2006
The first batch of significant books that had the greatest influence on me in terms of attaining personal achievement includes mostly Napoleon Hill's books:

- The Law of Success;
- Think & Grow Rich;
- The Keys to Success;
- Success through a Positive Mental Attitude;
- Succeed & Grow Rich through Persuasion;

The others were from Clement Stone, Dale Carnegie, & Earl Nightingale.

That was the early 70's when I had just started work as a young engineer.

The author, Napoleon Hill, had impressed me most by his relentless dedication in spending some two to three decades of his life in pursuing & researching the success secrets of the rich & famous...with a little help from Andrew Carnegie, of course.

As matter of fact, many of the famous people he interviewed were also favourite role models of mine e.g. Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, just to name a few

Till this day, I have never forgotten what he said:

"The most powerful instrument we have in our hands is the power of our mind."

I have never ceased to be fascinated by the simplicity & the potency of his ABCs of personal achievement: CONCEIVE, BELIEVE & ACHIEVE!

It is certainly enlightening to note that even Stephen Covey had drew inspiration from Napoleon Hill's work even though he never made that credit. He only admitted that the
7 Habits had its origins from "200 years of success literature in the United States." That remark itself is self explanatory.

Anthony Robbin's Mastery program as embodied in his books as well as his audio/video resources is no exception, even though he has been influenced in larger extent by NLP.

If you look at & compare the 17 principles of personal achievement in 'The Law of Success' &/or the 13 Steps to Riches in 'Think & Grow Rich', one can obviously see the uncanny resemblance of the 7 Habits & the Mastery principles...in one way or another.

At this juncture, let me outline the principal theme of each book:

The Law of Success: the original course on the fundamentals of success - all the seventeen essential principles of personal achievement;
Think & Grow Rich: The seventeen essential principles are reframed & condensed in terms of thirteen concrete steps to wealth creation (in actuality, this is a condensation of the Law of Success);
The Keys to Success: a further elaboration of the seventeen essential principles with concrete suggestions, exercises & advice;
Success Through Positive Mental Attitude: joint authorship with Clement Stone, with a further emphasis on developing a positive mental attitude;
Succeed & Grow Rich Through Persuasion: joint authorship with Clement Stone, with a further emphasis on developing master salesmanship & networking;
[It is pertinent to note that Clement Stone actually built his insurance business empire with these principles.]

My most productive, personal learning experience from Napoleon Hill's work is the understanding - & application - of his success principle #1: Develop Definiteness of Purpose.

[Very surprisingly, J Y Pillay, former Chairman of Singapore Airlines, - who had been credited for building the airline to what it is today, A GREAT WAY TO FLY! - also credited his work axiom to this same success principle, but he attributed it to an ancient Hindu scripture known as Bhagavad Gita.]

I am certainly gratified to note that Napoleon Hill's work had casted so much influence on - & empowered - so many people in the world, including myself.
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2002
Master the art of persuasion from the master himself. I also recommend the tape series-Selling You by Napolean Hill.
0Comment16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2005
I have to admit that I am a confirmed fan of Napolean Hill. I love Think & Grow Rich, have bought many copies and recently added the new and revised hardback to my library.

Succeed and Grow Rich Through Persuasion was one of those books that was collecting dust on my library shelf. I had browsed t his book a couple of times, but never read it completely. In fact, I have been doing that with a lot of my books recently.

The principles in Succeed and Grow Rich are like the principles in Think & Grow Rich. They are timeless. And they work. If you want to master persuasion, read this book.
on November 4, 2007
you positively must.

Rarely have I ever come across anything as uplifting and inspiring as this book. If you have a dream, whether it be to own your own business, or to help starving children around the world, or simply to have a healthy happy life, the keys to finding and unlocking those things within yourself are contained in this book.
on January 26, 1998
As religious people turn to the Bible to improve their spiritual life, I feel like this is the "Bible" to read if you want to improve your life in general. I just bought my second copy of this book, the first one finally wore out after 25 years of use. Read it from cover to cover, then keep it on your desk to read in bits and pieces when you need a little nourisment for your mind.
0Comment11 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 22, 2008
As difficult and improbable as it might seem to match the excellence of Think & Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill accomplished the task with this book. If Succeed & Grow Rich Through Persuasion has any weakness, it is that it followed Think & Grow Rich that already introduced us to may of these fine principles.

Napoleon Hill has the astounding ability to communicate success principles in a resounding nature. He uses real world illustrations that provide timeless examples to justify his points. Hill follows his book of principals with a full chapter on motivational epigrams that will leave even the most lethargic of people energized.

Napoleon Hill was a visionary in the self help industry and Succeed & Grow Rich Through Persuasion represents yet another dynamic and fulfilling example of his work. This book easily stands on its own merits yet is also the perfect compliment to Hill's earlier works. I highly recommend this book to all seeking to achieve at any endeavor.
on August 15, 2007
I'm still in the middle of this book. Some of it is a little silly, and I gleam over those parts in a rush. They are relatively few and far in between, and the wealth of useful knowledge and insight throughout the rest of the book is worth it. I am beginning to apply many of the principles for the first time... its not a magic formula, but it has initiated noticeable progress where before I was stagnating for some time. Its small and easy to carry around to read when you only have one or two minutes available.

The only strange thing about this edition is that authorship is credited to Napoleon Hill, but much of the book speaks of Hill in third person, as if the revising author (who I think is W. Clement Stone) takes liberty to speak on behalf of the original author.
on February 6, 1997
This is a must to have in your Napoleon Hill library of how to become successful. More wisdom from a master of success
0Comment9 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse