Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on December 25, 1999
I sell 1500 audio visual training products and 1000 book titles from the worlds leading authors such as Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, Tony Robbins, Jim Rohn etc etc. I have therefore listened to about 200 tape programmes and read about 90 books on success, in the last few years.
I recomend very few books as most are rehashed versions of classic authors such as Napolean Hill, Robert Allen etc etc.
This book by Tommy Newberry, is rehashed material. There is nothing new or mind blowing in this book. When reading it you will read Zig, Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, N Hill, Maxwell Maltz etc.
What makes this book very very good is the way he brings you to conclusions, without you realising you have done it. An example; I have always struggled trying to set goals, usually the authors get you to brainstorm, pick a few suggestions and use them as goals. Newberry doesn't mention picking goals until chapter 3. By chapter 3, with your assignment work from the prevoius 2 chapters, the author has brought you to the right conclusions so you can EASILY set your 3 year goals.
His approach is brilliant, each chapter builds up to the next one, so logical are the conclusions, you never have to jump a massive mental valley to find answers to the questions posed in the assignments at the end of each chapter.
The author brilliantly takes you several steps futher than a mere goal setting book, he teaches you the basic fundementals of Physco Cybernetics and Visualisation. If you study success/goal setting and have failed in the past to get results, it will be down to the fact you have not reprogammed your "servomechanism" as in Physco Cybernetics/Visualisation. This book teaches you what other goal setting books do not, combing Maxwell Maltz's Cybernetics to Lee Pulos's work on visualisation.
If I could give this book 10 stars I would because this book has got it all. The only thing it does not have is an author who loves himself, and loves telling his audience how great he is. A refreshing change from some other authors!
HIGHLY RECOMENDED
22 comments230 of 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2002
The reason I recommend this books is because it gets right to the point. The initial chapter spends a lot of time talking about goals - and follows it up with loads of bullet points, graphics and an appendix with several pages of things to think about when you develop your goal list.
I found the book easy to read and it hits on and reinforces all of the popular self-improvement topics.
This is the type of books that I am going to go crazy with the highlighter and then keep it out and refer to it constantly.
Especially helpful is the fact that Tommy doesn't just tell you to write down goals -- but takes you through the whole process.
Highly recommended.
0Comment42 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2001
The book has the potential to get u to the top,in any profession.It contains the basic fundamental truths about success.It pinpoints the way what to do and most importantly How to do it.I have been exposed to some of the best books in self help like Unlimited power,Success through a positive mental attitude,Think like a winner,Maximum achievement and my all time favorite Psychocybernetics(The original one)."Success is not an accident" contains all the great ideas from all of them.It is not a mere motivational book but also provides powerful tools to make your dreams a reality.
The author makes us feel that we don't have to compare to others regarding our potential instead we have to take action and calculated risks towards our goals .This advice helps to place our feet firmly on the ground and see what we have, for ourselves and strive to our goals with those qualities ,which makes smooth functioning of our creative success mechanism.
The book provides a valuable goal setting chapter and the visualizations that has to go along with working towards the goal.
Overall it is a very good book who seeks to explore his full potential and to stretch beyond his self imposed limits.
I also prefer books like Psychocybernetics by Maxwell Maltz and Maximum achievement by Brian Tracy
0Comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 1999
Success Is Not An Accident is one of the finest books I've ever read!! It's like a combination of Think and Grow Rich, The Magic of Thinking Big, The Path, and Psycho-Cybernetics. I've read it four times already and have learned something new each time. If your house catches on fire, this is something you grab on your way out! It's easy to read and really explains not just the "what," but also the "how to." It's got it all! The more ambitious you are, the more you'll get out of it. I've purchased a copy for everyone important in my life.
on June 15, 2005
This book is extremely effective. I can't focus on my goal if I don't even know what I want. That is where this book helped me. It helped me get clear about my goals, and it helped me build momentum in working toward my goals. I have also read many many self help and business success books, and this one is at the top of my list. It is down to earth and practical, uses normal language that anyone with any level of education can easily understand.
on August 23, 2003
I read this book about a year ago and was very happy with it. It's one of the few books that I have been interested enough in to stay with and finish within 2 days. I found myself unable to put it down.
Now don't get me wrong - the information here is nothing earth shattering. A lot of it is tried and true principles that have been around for many hundreds of years. What makes this book work is the delivery and writing style. It presents goal setting in a clear, understandable and very useable fashion.
If you are into goal setting I think you'll find yourself referring to this book again and again. I know I have and recommend it highly.
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2002
Tommy Newberry's book, "Success Is Not An Accident" is one of the best business books I have read in quite a while. His no-nonsense approach has certainly made me look at how I approach business, life and accomplishments in a different light.
The book includes workbook areas for introspection and planning. I also found it to be a useful reference. It makes you take stock in where you are, what you want and how to create your path to get there. Its honest observances and insightful delivery make this book a 'must have' for folks in business, homelife, or college.
on January 14, 2012
My son picked up this book by chance while he was waiting for a plane and needed something to read. He sent me a copy and I have since given copies to two friends. Business "success" books are too common, and most of the ones I have read/browsed are full of fairy tales. This one however is meaningfully more substantial than others.
Be aware however that the author is a committed Christian and his faith is part of his motivation. He is clear however that a reader can make a different faith choice and still get good things from the book. I agree.
Nevertheless, the book does call for a serious dedication to some habits that most people are probably familiar with, such as goal setting and regular review, along with a host of other steps. And there is a serious call to abandon any thought of half-measures. I'm not comfortable with risking everything on the basis of something I read in a book however, no matter how much I like everything else between the covers. You will have to find your own comfort zone there.
My conclusion is that this is a much better than average book of the type and I recommend it highly.
on July 6, 2000
After reading many development books on a number of subjects from Tom Hopkins, Brian Tracey, Zig Ziglar, Burt Nanus, Anthony Robbins - I found this book to be the best when it comes to setting and achieving goals. The book is masterfully written with easy steps to take which can immediatly help you to develop a clear vision and plan for your future. My hats off to Mr. Newberry for this excellent book.
on May 25, 2010
Ok. From the beginning of this book the author speaks heavily about God's views and laws and how following His principal's can be of the grandest advantage. Whether I agree with him or not (and I do) I couldn't give it five stars because of this. As a writer, there are so many ways to present this concept without segregating yourself to the `spiritual/religious' sector. That having been said, this book is great for the younger generation because it contains concise, blocked information that the younger demographic can appreciate.

Everyone is on the go, not stopping to read more than a moment and even the rush-abouts can get value from this text! I'd also HIGHLY recommend a successfully easy read in Meagan R. Holub's The Magic Touch: How to make $100,000 per year as a massage Therapist. This text focuses your actions on taking your honed talents and transforming them into a dream career. Accept using Meagan's techniques, the dream career is actually reality!