5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING for REAL WEALTH from the Inside Out that LASTS
This is one of the BEST books (there are two in the set) that I have ever read for what truly creates real and lasting wealth, as well as what prevents people from the same.

Published on May 12, 2006 by Barbara Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this any better than Think and Grow Rich ?
Published on October 5, 2004 by xman

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING for REAL WEALTH from the Inside Out that LASTS, May 12, 2006
Barbara Rose (BornToInspire.com) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

The wisdom in this book is timeless, and will definitely show you where you may have been unconsciously blocking abundance in your life, as well as the character beneath to sustain it with a pure conscious.

I could quote this book a thousand times. A few of my favorites are:

"No man has a chance to enjoy permanent success until he begins to look in the mirror for the real cause of all his mistakes."

"Don't be afraid of a little opposition. Remember that the 'Kite' of success generally rises AGAINST the wind of Adversity - not with it!"

"Is it not strange that we fear most that which never happens? That we destroy our initiative by the fear of defeat, when, in reality, defeat is a most useful tonic and should be accepted as such."

"Service, Sacrifice and Self-Control are three words which must be well understood by the person who succeeds in doing something that is of help to this world."

"Charles Chaplin makes a million dollars a year out of a funny, shuffling walk and a pair of baggy trousers, because he does 'something different.' Take the hint and individualize yourself with some distinctive idea."

"E.M. Statler became the most successful hotel man in the world by rendering MORE SERVICE and BETTER SERVICE THAN HIS GUESTS WERE ASKED TO PAY FOR."

There is more in this book of lasting value that can truly make a difference in your life than many get-rich-quick books I've come across. As this great book states, "Conceit is a fog which envelops a man's real character beyond his own recognition. It weakens his native abilities and strengthens all his inconsistencies."

This book really shows you the stuff wealth is made of. It comes from a pure heart, an open mind that values wisdom, and a person who values people more than dollars. Do that, and you'll come to find more dollars than you ever have before.

Along with this book, I recommend "Think and Grow Rich" (shown above) and "Failing Forward" by John C. Maxwell if you're looking for more current examples, though timeless and rewarding.

They ALL deserve 10 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Get Successful!, January 17, 2010
In defense of a particular audio rendition of this work, I'll make a few points about what we commonly refer to as The Law of Success by Napoleon Hill.

Since few reviews list them, the 17 principles of success according to Dr. Hill are as follows:

1) The Master Mind - Learn the psychology behind success and how you can use it to enhance your personal power.

2) A Definite Chief Aim - Save wasted effort, and focus your heart and mind on a well-conceived, practical purpose.

3) Self-Confidence - Overcome the six basic fears and empower yourself without falling into the trap of egotism.

4) The Habit of Saving - Master this basic concept and learn to harness your greatest source of personal power.

5) Initiative and Leadership - Develop your instincts to anticipate problems and know when to seize opportunities.

6) Imagination - Stimulate your mind to create new concepts out of common ideas and put them to work for you.

7) Enthusiasm - Overcome uncertainty or shyness, and inspire others to take an interest in you and your ideas.

8) Self-Control - Find the firmness of character to truly be "master of your fate and the captain of your soul."

9) The Habit of Doing More Than Paid For - Take advantage of the Law of Increasing Returns to earn more for service rendered.

10) Pleasing Personality - Transform yourself so that you can master your relationships and control any situation.

11) Accurate Thinking - Separate real facts from mere information so you can devise definite, practical plans.

12) Concentration - Laser-focus your mind on one subject at a time so the plans you create are plans that will work.

13) Cooperation - Eliminate envy and greed, and learn to apply the Law of the Master Mind in all of your relationships.

14) Profiting by Failure - Train yourself to recognize the difference between failure and what is just a temporary defeat.

15) Tolerance - Eliminate mistrust and doubts so you can reap the rewards that come naturally to accurate thinkers.

16) The Golden Rule - Use this most basic law of life to ensure cooperation from any individual or group.

17) The Universal Law of Cosmic Habitforce - Transform your thoughts and habits so they harmonize with success-consciousness.

One reviewer here remarked that you ought to just skip this entire book set and instead get Think and Grow Rich, however a cursory examination of the table of contents for Law of Success and Think and Grow Rich shows that the latter book covers a slightly different set of topics. Law of Success lays the groundwork for a success mentality whereas Think and Grow Rich spreads into the realm of some specific actions which you ought to undertake. To expand out from there in the realm of modern reality, consult works by, say, Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, Dale Carnegie, etc.

As for the Law of Success course, the original text appears to be out of copyright protection, having been first published in 1928, so now we see a plethora of publishers performing the old "copyright two-step" where an original public domain work is reprinted in its entirety with a few minor editorial touch-ups here or there, some light editing work done, and/or a modern introduction by the editor. Thereafter, the entire work is re-copyrighted. Hence we see a collection of competing versions of the same original text, some of better quality than others. Any hard copy will run between 1,000 -1,600 pages, so check the page count to ensure you get what you are bargaining for.

As a personal fan of both the science of self-improvement and audiobooks, I recommend against both the BN Publishing edition and the Audible download edition.

The Audible edition is an earlier rendition of the text which contains only 15 original main principles, whereas Mr. Hill gradually expanded his Law of Success central thesis from 15 to 17 over the course of his later life. Additionally, I advise against any Audible product because I cannot in good faith suggest your purchase of any sort of digital media download which contains Digital Rights Management (DRM). With DRM downloads, you run into headaches with playback, copying or burning and ultimately you don't really own the media you paid for.

The BN Publishing edition gives the impression of being extremely poorly executed and the final product leaves a bit to be desired. The two-cd set is well-printed, but the text is an earlier version, the quality of the MP3's sound terrible, and the back cover points to the wrong homepage for the publisher(!).

Therefore, with neither package do you get the "real deal."

The best-quality audiobook of The Law of Success is the High Roads Media edition, which you can buy either from the Napoleon Hill Foundation or here at Amazon. It is a 4-volume unabridged set with some minor editing, some more current examples, and editorial clarifications.

The Law of Success, Volume I: Principles of Self-Mastery
ISBN: 1-932429-06-9

The Law of Success: The Principles of Personal Power, Vol. II
ISBN: 1-932429-08-5

The Law of Success, Volume III: the Principles of Self-Creation
ISBN: 1-932429-10-7

The Law of Success, Volume IV, 75th Anniversary Edition: The Principles of Personal Integrity
ISBN: 1-932429-12-3

This set is a bit more expensive than other audiobook approaches but you get the most exposure to the material for the money. Hard copies of this set are also available and are also strongly recommended.

For myself, I am about halfway through the third volume and the going is great. Already my mind and mentality is beginning to shift towards more success-consciousness. I feel better and my "success instincts" are beginning to sharpen. The content is a bit long-winded and archaic, but very solid and very well-thought out, what with 20 years of active research necessary to produce these insights. I heartily recommend it and it should not be passed over. I wish I had come across this 10 years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars The equalivent of an MBA in personal development, June 16, 2004
Like most people I bought Think & Grow Rich along with several other business and positive mind books. A leader in a company that I was associated with suggested The Law of Success. He warned me that it would be a lot of reading. At that time it was two hard back copies, beautifully bound.
I asked him if the books helped him. He told me that this set helped him achieve a level of success that was previously unattainable to him. And he told me that this series was much more complete than Think & Grow Rich---it was like attending class. Transcripts from actual Napolean Hill lectures.
I found that like Rich, these books helped me to go to levels that I could never reach before as well. Think & Grow Rich planted the seeds and got my interest as well as offered powerful strategies. This 2 book set helped make more sense of the principles, tied things together.
The other Hill book that I strongly recommend is Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude. I know that even in todays world, some people bicker at the positive mind books...but guess what? They work! Everyone I know who has achieved any level of success attributes that success to books like these.
I know they sure have helped me.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's truly a "how-to", October 13, 2002
Those who are familiar with Napoleon Hill's work know that the techniques in his books were proven to work before the books were even written. As Hill has said himself, failure is not even an option to those who follow the techniques persistently.
I don't think it would be possible to write a good self-help book without repeating at least one of the techniques outlined in Hill's books. That's probably why I find that most other self-help books do just that - and usually in a redundant and/or confusing way.
If you're willing to be open-minded and - again, persistent - your best bet would probably be to go with Napoleon Hill - the original self-help author as far as I'm concerned.
Also, it is my belief that the techniques can be adapted and used by intelligent followers of any faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars Success requires no explanation = Own this book requires no explanation, August 10, 2005
I have try to write a GREAT review for The Law Of Success countless of time so that readers can get THE MESSAGE and acquire it. But each time i delete it away and never submit because no matter how i write, there will be people who read review and yet cannot decide to buy it.

I SINCERELY want YOU to get HOLD of THIS book. Get it no matter what! Do not doubt because DOUBTS ARE YOUR TRAITOR in this case!

If you read this review and decide to buy The Law Of Success,
I will AT HERE SINCERELY THANK YOU 1,000,000 TIMES! Because I may be doing the GREATEST FAVOUR for you in your lifetime and possibly your family and later generations to come! With that,next time in future, people might grant me the greatest favour of my lifetime!

Life is a checker board, the player opposite you is TIME!
Time will not wait for you, if you hesitate before you move, your armies will be wipe out!

Please make the wisest decision of your life by purchasing this book!

Another great book i reccomend is Think And Grow Rich!

Please Vote, thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Napoleon Hill is the master, June 10, 2004
As you begin to read the book you sense a familiarity with the subject matter. Almost as though you heard the story before. Quickly you realize you're experiencing the original story.
Napoleon Hill was originally responsible for finding the common traits between the world's most successful people. Andrew Carnegie "suggested" this idea to Mr. Hill. As a condition of employment Mr. Hill would have to perform the work without pay. He would have to earn money some other way. Mr. Carnegie helped by providing letters of introduction to some of the world's most successful people.
Nearly every book written sine this time has used these same principles with new faces.
Get the straight dope from the source. Start with this book.
Thank you Paul McManus for buying me the most important book I've read.
-Brent Norris
AlohaWorkshops.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this any better than Think and Grow Rich ?, October 5, 2004
xman "xman" (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Standing on its own this book gets 5 stars for the ideas presented, but definitley not for the style and organization. However the real reason I give 3 stars is that the author has already successfuly condensed his philosophy into a more focused, clear, and readable book called Think and Grow Rich. I read Think and Grow Rich first and I'm not quite sure if the effort/time/money in reading the 800 extra pages in The Law of Success was worthwhile. Sure there are some additional good examples of his philosophy presented, but more than a few are not so good or are rambling or way too long. Its posible re-reading Think and Grow Rich would have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond inspiring, October 12, 2006
One of Napoleon Hill's maxims is to do more than you are being paid for, and he certainly does that in this book.

This book is truly a Bible for success, and is full of amazing concepts. Though this book was written back in the 1920's and 30s, the concepts are Universal and timeless. Reading this book opens up whole new horizons in my thinking, and has me going wow.

As someone who loves metaphysics, I can state that Napoleon Hill is a very conscious person obviously schooled in the metaphysical laws as well. I love his explanation about energy and the ether, and also the analogy between radio signals, and our own ways of communicating, coinicidences etc.

Clearly, he has had phenomenal success as a teacher and motivator, and he has tapped the greatest minds of his time.

Motivation, wealth building and success without NH's concepts, would be like music as if the Beatles had never existed. You might appreciate it, but something would be missing.

So, I highly recommend this book. If you are into the more metaphysical, check out Creating Money by Sanaya Roman.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Complete, nor Unabridged, September 9, 2007
I just received my copy a couple of weeks ago. Part of an assignment for my mentoring group was to gather with a group and read the first lesson aloud. I was stopped several times during my reading because my version read differently than the versions of several others (their versions were from the Napoleon Hill Institute) I soon began to see a trend: It seems that BN Publishing has seen fit to remove every reference to Jesus Christ in their "complete & unabridged" single volume. So, do not expect to read all of the author's words in this volume. Napoleon Hill has been censored.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to be a successful person, August 30, 2002
I think this book is a complete guide to be a succesful person. I read the former review and i disagree. Napoleon Hill interviewed the people who had the most impact of the world at that time, Ford(Ford automobile), Edison(Inventor of the light bulb, battery), Gandhi etc. Then he wrote this book about how they thought and acted, and he describes how we can think and act to make the world better. In my opinion one of the main messages of the bible is to make the world a better place for all of us, so i think the law of success and the bible at least have that in common. The book is about 1200 pages long. I think it is well worth the price.

The Law of Success In Sixteen Lessons by Napoleon Hill
The Law of Success In Sixteen Lessons by Napoleon Hill by Napoleon Hill (Paperback - January 17, 2011)
$14.99 $11.12