5.0 out of 5 stars 1 Good Reason to Read Is It NEVER Fails
If W. Clement Stone lived for over 100 years I am willing to accept that the principles of this book have worked far longer than I have had time to experience. But one year from now I will be able to testify that I have successfully seen all the successes of practicing these principles and all the failures of not practicing them as well for over twenty years...
Published on May 26, 2005 by Deremiah *CPE

2.0 out of 5 stars Great book - terrible edition
This is a great book, but this edition is poor. Poorly constructed, typos, missing bits, layout lapses. Try a different edition
Published on December 7, 2009 by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 Good Reason to Read Is It NEVER Fails, May 26, 2005

W. Clement Stone & I attended the same High School but during different times and I'm sure that in my days of living on the North side of Chicago that I actually walked across some of the same sidewalks and pathways that he traveled. I experienced seeing the insurance empire he created in Combined Insurance. Many days I walked passed this building as a Senn High School student but it was not until I read his book "The Success System That Never Fails" ten years after I graduated from High School that I realized how much W. Clement Stone had an amazing mind.

So when I recommend this book to you it is not just out of having read it but also out of having seen with my own eyes some of the communities and some of the lives W. Clement Stone touched.

This is a great book written with valuable easy to read illustrations that move the heart and inspire the emotions. If you want to learn how to experience future abundance and the fact that it takes less work to succeed than to fail you've just considered the right book for you.

Learning how to use the power of the will while developing the true understanding of know-how has brought me huge benefits and it all came from this book. Some other real powerful things you will learn from this book are:

How to Get a Person to Listen to You.
Using Positive Statements.
Taking Inventory of Yourself.
Developing a Time Recorder.
Doing The Right Thing.
Learning From The Experience of Others.
It's Never to Late to Learn.
Enthusiasim Attracts.
A Blueprint For Success
If You Want Something, Go For It.

Well this is only a few of the things that you will learn from a man who set a goal to live for 100 years and achieved it. Now it's your time to succeed, it's your time to experience greatness and truly consider the real truth that you too like W.Clement Stone were born for great things. Don't take my word for it read the book today.

5.0 out of 5 stars I worked for W. Clement Stone, September 20, 2003
Back in the 1960's after college I was lucky enough to land a job working for Mr. Stone out of his office at 5050 N. Broadway in Chicago. His PMA was an inspiration to me. I read his book over and over and applied his principles of Positive Mental Attitude. I believed and achieved my short and long range goals. Currently I am semi retired living the good life in Miami, Fl. and enjoying my days in the sun. I was sad to learn of his passing at the age of 100 recently. I owe a lot to Mr. Stone, Mr. Nightengale and Mr. Napolean Hill. His success system never fails if followed properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars It'll get you PUMPED!, December 26, 1999
Adam Khan (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
If you are a salesman or trying to accomplish a difficult goal, this book is worth reading. W. Clement Stone, who later teamed up with Napoleon Hill to write Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude, is quite a success story. Starting from nothing, he was ultimately worth over 500 million dollars. His is a story of persistence and enthusiasm, and much of this book is autobiographical -- the story of how Stone did it -- and he goes into specific detail. It is an enjoyable read. I am the author of the book Self-Help Stuff That Works, and I am an expert on what works and what doesn't. This book will effectively motivate you and increase your determination to succeed. And that, my friend, makes a big difference!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great book - terrible edition, December 7, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Go to the core to get the truth!, February 16, 2008
When I was about 14 years old my dad a self made successful real estate broker in Inkster Michigan insisted I read this book. This book has been etched in my mind ever since. 43 years later, I've found an original copy of this book to give to my dad as a gift. That's how important this book is. If you do a you tube video search you can hear Stone in his own words give you the first 8 segments of the book. After hearing him, I know you'll want to buy this book. I like this book because 1) he gives you practical, useful stories of how he developed a success system which never failed for him in business. He gives concrete ideas on what to say and do to develop a success system. The most important thing you will take from this book is a perspective and behaviorally specific tips on how to become successful. What this book shows you is the key to your own wealth: you will learn that you need to track all of your activities, behaviors and goals and do a critical analysis, and apply that which works in every step of your processes. What you will discover combined with the principles he's sharing, is your own success system which never fails. Sometimes we forget when involved in our daily activities is the necessity to look at what works and discard what doesn't. We need to fine tune our approach to tasks and develop systems which can be duplicated over and over again. If you're one of those type of people who yearn to understand how "self help" works and how it can be applied in "your" life then this book is for you. There is no fluff; at the time Stone wrote this book I think people were less enamored with manipulation and more focused on helping people.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book. Abysmal editing., September 2, 2010
This 2010 edition is utterly horrible. Its a good book--3 or 4 stars for content. Zero stars for the hundreds of typos and other distracting errors this edition has. It looks like they scanned a previous edition with optical character reading but they failed to fix errors in the scan such as words appearing as "modem" when the particular word should read "modern," further the layout is reminiscent of formatting errors that occur when you copy and paste to a word document from another source that just doesn't mesh well whatsoever into word formatting (the spacing between lines fluctuates throughout and lines trail-off early before reaching the margins). "BNpublishing" should be embarrassed of themselves. Fat chance I will ever buy another book from this publisher, lest it comes with a guarantee that they have since hired an editing staff.

**2014 EDIT**
I'm guessing most people looking to read this VERY OLD self help book have already read a dozen or more of these books. To you I would like to say: please start reading more esoteric stuff! Regarding better watered down self-help psychology stuff the 7-habits is great, think and grow rich is great (take it with a grain of salt), etc, etc, etc, etc

5.0 out of 5 stars You will learn a lot about yourself, July 29, 2004
I've not read too many self help books, but this is my favorite so far. Clement Stone is a master storyteller and a master motivator. He has obviously done serious research and meditation on the subject of success. His three step system is brilliant and I continue to use it everyday, even after having first read this book over three years ago. His first hand stories about himself and other success stories are all true and extremely motivating. The only part of the book I found less than useful is the time recorder at the end. That part would be useful to anyone in field sales though. The book appears to be out of print which is a shame because everyone could benefit from this book and learn a lot about themselves. Pick up a used copy if you can. You won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all about the PMA, November 29, 2012
The thing that really struck me about this book is the positive mental attitude that Stone possessed. I can see the great value in doing everything you can to maintain your PMA but I have found it to be a lot of work. This book gave me more insights on how to best fight this battle. It reminds me of another book I read recently called Superhero Success where the superhero of positivity uses his PMA shield to battle Dr. Fear. It was a cool concept and helped me to visualize the battle I have everyday keeping my PMA.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless System, April 11, 2011
I had never heard of W. Clement Stone until just a few days ago. I stumbled across the kindle version of this book, and it was so cheap I figured I might as well give it a try. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it surpassed my expectations. Though this book is obviously dated (the author mentions bath houses and speaks of his ability to continue the success of his business during the great depression), the lessons in it are timeless. If applied correctly, there's no doubt in my mind that anybody can learn from them.

I also enjoyed that much of the advice was practical. He does mention prayer often, and though he doesn't specifically call on the law of attraction, he does mention many of the ideas of it. If you're not a spiritual person, then simply take that with a grain of salt, and move on to other portions of the book. You will still get a lot out of it. This book is about more than 'think good thoughts and things will come to you'. Nope, it's about evaluating yourself, your values, your motivation and taking action. Make no mistake, it is abundantly clear that the author worked his butt off to enjoy the success and riches that he accomplished for him and his family.

There are some books that I keep on my shelf (or in my Kindle) because I know I can benefit from reading them over and over again. This is one of those books. There is just too much good information in it to soak it all up in one reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Self help book worth reading, November 30, 2007
I seen W. Clement Stone referenced in other motivational books by Zig Ziglar, Earl Nightingale etc, but had never read any of his writings. I have found The Success System That Never Fails to be inspirational and very enjoyable reading. Mr. Stone wrote in a very conversational manner and consistently urges readers to put the ideas gleaned from his writings into action and do it now. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in trying to get the most out of life.

The Success System That Never Fails
The Success System That Never Fails by W. Clement Stone (Paperback - December 28, 2009)
$6.49
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.