5.0 out of 5 stars Attitude Determines Everything
Napoleon Hill's handbook to success demonstrates, once again, that one's attitude in life determines one's destiny; good or not so good. I hate to use the word "bad"; it sounds so negative.

The point that Hill drives home with this wonderful book is really quite simple and I suppose we all know it, but not everyone chooses to follow it.

However, if...
Published on July 15, 2009 by Larry Underwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
A compilation of the works of authors who lived when America was growing and prospered.
Published 6 months ago by Allan D. Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Attitude Determines Everything, July 15, 2009

However, if you present yourself in a positive, upbeat manner to people you come across in life, your chances of being successful in your endeavors are much greater than if you constantly complain about things. After all, who wants to deal with crybabies? It's one thing, if they're your own kids; it's another thing if you have to work with them. Their endless whining about everything drives people crazy. The solution is to avoid them; so they're not getting the job, or if they slipped into the organization by accident, they're not getting the promotion (unless they're the boss' kid).

Keeping a positive mental attitude will help guide you through life and help you make the right connections in pursuing your goals. It's just that simple. The best part about that is, having a positive mental attitude is on sale; in fact, it's absolutely no charge.

Hurry, while supplies last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerald Chamales, Entrepreneur, December 14, 2010
SUCCESS THROUGH A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE is simply the very best book that I've ever read on personal and professional self development. This is a classic book and should be in every achiever's library. It's a distillation of all the great principles of higher achievement in one easy access reference book that is cram packed with positive ideas that will lift your thought process to a higher vibrational level. Thoughts, ideas, and action are what make up the sum total of an individuals life. The 17 principles as outlined in this book have helped me to focus my "attention on the things that I want and off the things that I don't want." Thought control is the ultimate discipline...and this book shows the student exactly how to "direct your thoughts, control your emotions, and ordain your destiny!" The authors discovered the secrets to success after interviews with over 500 men and women of accomplishment and than gave those principles to future generations to access in this powerful book. Take advantage of this book and I mean really become a student of this material, and if you APPLY what you learn you will have a new life!

The origin of this book is fascinating and dates back to Andrew Carnegie's meeting in 1908 with Napoleon Hill and Carnegie's subsequent sponsorhip of the young Napoleon Hill to write a thesis on American Achievement....Carnegie then introduced Napoleon Hill to Henry Ford, Thomas Edison and many other individuals of accomplishment as the young author catalogued the elements and principles that these great American achievers used to accomplish so much. His first great work LAW OF SUCCESS was published in 1926 and then in 1937 THINK AND GROW RICH was published while Hill was an advisor to then President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and both books were considered instant classics in the self development field.

W. Clement Stone read THINK AND GROW RICH in 1937 the year that it was published and was so impressed with the principles that he applied them with vigor and built (with an initial investment of $100.00!) the Combined Registry Insurance Company which later became AON Insurance Company. Aon was built by W. Clement Stone and his team and became one of the greatest insurance companies in the world. You will see the AON skyscrapers in Hong Kong, Chicago, and many great cities. W. Clement Stone was listed on the Forbes 400 and attributed his success to the principles he applied from THINK AND GROW RICH. Now that's a fantastic story of what can happen when these principles are applied consistently and aggressively.

In the early 50's Stone went to hear Napoleon Hill speak in Chicago and they instantly hit it off and worked together for years thereafter helping others to achieve their dreams. They taught the PMA Science of Success Course, went to prisons, held seminars, went on T.V. and radio, and passionately communicated the 17 HABITS of high achievers and brought this message to all that wanted a better life. This book adds to what was so brilliantly layed out in the books LAW OF SUCCESS and THINK AND GROW RICH and combines additional principles like the COSMIC HABIT FORCE and PMA. These 17 principles are just pure magic if applied with continuous action. I read the book often as a kind of mental vitamin and it helps me to keep my attitude tuned up. I highly recommend this book as you can well see. Read it with an open mind and re-read it to keep the principles fresh. Memorize the self motivators, and the 17 principles and keep at it. Great events will come to pass if you persist, and remember that ANYTHING THE HUMAN MIND CAN CONCIEVE AND BELIEVE THE HUMAND MIND CAN ACHIEVE WITH A POSTIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE. Onward and Upward! All the best, Gerald Chamales

5.0 out of 5 stars Next to the Bible this is a must read., January 19, 2009
D. Pequeno (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book over 20 years ago and came to an appreciation of it's simple yet powerful message of appreciating and maintaining a Positive Mental Attitude. I learned that it is no big deal to have a PMA when things are going well, but how important to have a PMA when things are difficult and to learn not to sabotage yourself during a negative situation. This is the same attitude as expressed by many of the Bible writers. For example read what the apostle Paul says in Romans 12:17-21.

This book became the antivirus for my mind, and now negatives that come up are dismissed or dealt with successfully. Some time back there was another review for this very same book where that person said...do not read this book...APPLY WHAT IT SAYS. I really appreciated that persons thought. This very same thought can be said about the Bible!

The Introduction of this book talks about Napoleon Hill's association with Andrew Carnegie, which in itself is a most interesting history lesson of how Mr Hill started his career in meeting and interviewing 500 of the most successful persons of that time, many of whom that we all have read about in history books. Mr Hill's many books helped so many that later on he became Presidential Advisor to Franklin Roosevelt during the Great Depression. A few of the very successful and well known today that do lectures and seminars, acknowledge that they got their foundation in this knowledge from Napoleon Hill. Successful businesses treat their customers in a Positive manner if they wish to keep their customers and to acquire more business growth. In Scripture at Matthew 7:12 it talks about the Golden Rule of treating others as you would want to be treated. This is a Proactive and Positive teaching that we all will benefit from, IF WE APPLY IT.

When I hear or see very successful individuals talking, I can see and hear that they have this successful attitude that has allowed them to do well in their profession or their lives. They have learned to think and be different than the masses. I would recommend this book along with the Bible for married couples. Hopefully it will cause those that are married to learn to interact successfully, and learn to deal with the negatives that are common to all, and to keep their lives and relationship Positive and Respectful for a long lasting relationship that they committed themselves to.

Interestingly..as taught in the Bible (James 1:2-4) and also in this book...you will learn that you can come out of a negative situation stronger, when you learn to think differently, and then dealing with your negative situation in a Positive way. This is a life long effort and not always easy, but in the end will prove successful. You may want to buy extra copies of this book to give to those that you feel need this advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness and endless possibilities await, June 11, 2009
Even though I was already a generally happy person, I bought this book to help improve my attitude regarding the things I didn't like at work. This book has not only taught me how to get rid of those negative feelings, but also how to turn dissatisfaction into motivation to excel. I now enjoy all aspects of my job, and I'm completing more tasks with higher quality.

But the book's lessons do not only apply to the office. I have a new outlook on life, because the book made me realize the endless possibilities that are available to my family and me. It provides both motivation and principles that when followed have but no choice than to lead to success.

Different people will relate to different topics in the book, so some sections are less interesting than others, but I definitely recommend this book to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars This was really helpful, April 4, 2009
I have read a lot of books like this and this one added to what I have been reading beautifully. It is very inspiring with a lot of solid tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars A positive success, March 26, 2009
Sometimes the best books on important subjects were the ones that were written at the beginning. This book is great, inspiring and very informative all at the same time. A PMA is important for anybody who is in business or in sales. It does seem that most business and success book were modeled after Mr. Hills work, so read the original information because I believe it is just as relevant as it was at 60 plus years ago. There is something in this book that you can use for whatever is going on in your life. This is a book that I read when I need to be inspired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing Book, September 18, 2012
R. Jackson "cookiedenise" (Memphis, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This book is life changing. I am almost half way through it and I can say that I have changed my attitude to Positive. I love all of the Napoleon Hill books that I have read so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where I Got A Lot Of My Living From, June 27, 2014
This review is from: Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude (Kindle Edition)
Hi,

I read this book when I was in seventh grade (before I knew it was a self-help book), this is where I learned about my fellow man, God, hard work, morals. So I have a Kindle and decided to read this again... only 30-years later. It was great to re-visit an old friend. It was great to get in touch with my sub-conscious, which showed me that I got a lot of my thoughts that I still live by today from Napoleon Hill and W. Clement Stone and this book. It still stands up today along with Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends and Influence People.

These books have meaning because they are light and to the point. Not like today's books, claiming to have something new to offer. There is nothing new that needs to be offered. The good old adage of treating people the right way, that's all that needs to be learned. I flat out highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, October 8, 2014
This book has helped me tremendously in the way I approach life and obstacles. It taught me the importance of setting goals and how to set them. It taught me to persevere and maintain positivity. I dont usually read much but this book was so good and so powerful that I was actually making time to read it. Trust me. This book can change your life for the better if you allow it to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Personal Development, March 12, 2014
Really a good book with many Stories. To bring the Positive Mental Attitude. I am sure that anyone who reads it will have some form of success whether you follow 1 principle or all the 17 principles mentioned.