- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (February 28, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119992737
- ISBN-13: 978-1119992738
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.4 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #350,653 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Successful Freelancing for Web Designers: The Best of Smashing Magazine Paperback – February 28, 2011
Up to 50% off select books
Featured titles are up to 50% off for a limited time. See all titles
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
If you're like most freelancers I know, you'll find the information on how to create a professional proposal that sells, how to convert prospects into clients, how to price projects, what should be in a contract (you do use contracts, don't you?), how many comps to do, how to address and prevent project creep, and how to communicate with clients all very useful.
The book is laid out into 4 parts (with a total of 23 chapters):
1. Basic Skills of Freelance Web Designers
2. Communication with Clients and Partners
3. Marketing: Effective Strategies for Freelancers
4. Contracts and Pricing
If you don't have time to read cover to cover, make sure you don't miss Chapter 4: Critical Mistakes Freelancers Make; Chapter 7: Pitching like a Pro; Chapter 16: How to Create the Perfect Client Questionnaire; Chapter 21: Freelance Contracts: Do's and Don'ts; and Chapter 22: What's in a Price: Guidelines for Pricing Web Design.