5.0 out of 5 stars Actually you can be very successful with this book
I just received this book and Beth supplies a wealth of information that I didn't even receive when I took my classes from my dealer for my particular serger, which is a 4 thread unit.

Published on June 22, 2010 by Anne Nonn

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Serger Helper Book
I ordered this book on line in black and white print version for my Kindle. Found that the hard bound copy is much better for the color illustrations that it includes. The black and white print copy is OK for information, just not as good as the color illustrations. Now I have both!!!
Published 22 months ago by Margaret Sandlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually you can be very successful with this book, June 22, 2010
This review is from: Successful Serging: From Setup to Simple and Specialty Stitches (Spiral-bound)

She covers everything from how the serger works, to set up, the different type of feet you can use and what can be achieved. And so much other valuable information on how to get the most out of these sometimes intimidating machines.

The chapters are broken down and takes you step by step that doing inside curves, corners and many other seemingly difficult seams become relatively easy in no time with practice. It's amazing what can be done by a serger, once you learn the correct way to do it. I feel very confident I can finally master some of the techniques that were glossed over in my class, with this book.

I like that this book also covers a good amount of information on the coverstitch, someday I hope to own a machine that can do just that. There is certainly no shortage of information in this book, well written with great diagrams and pictures and put in a very logical order for skill building.

Through this book I can see where it is very possible to get the most out my machine and cut my sewing time down in half in many cases.

You can't go wrong with this book and if you are looking for just one book to get you acquainted with your machine and master it, no matter how many threads it takes or who it's manufactured by, this is definitely the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for serging, September 14, 2011
L. Moszer (South Florida) - See all my reviews
I picked this book up a Joann fabrics at 50% off. This had been one of the best sewing books I have ever purchased. I've owed a serger for about 5 years and never really felt like I knew how to use it. After reading this book, I felt like a light bulb had gone off. One tip - to move tension to zero when threading- has made all the difference.

This isn't a book about dorky projects to make on a serger, it's about how to use the serger you've got. I can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Book!, March 3, 2010
Karen Edgecombe (Lakemoor , Illinois, US) - See all my reviews
I found this book to be very helpful and informative. I liked it so much that I bought a second copy for my daughter, who is a new serger owner.
Easy to understand, and excellent illustrations!

5.0 out of 5 stars In stitches!, March 7, 2012
I have 6 serger books, and if I had purchased this one first Ii'd only have 1. It has all I need and stuff I didn't know I needed. This is pure serger, no projects, so I have become better acquainted with my serger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, September 19, 2010
After owning a serger for several years, I still was not using it for anything more than straight stitches. This book was very helpful from threading the machine to explaining the different ways to use it. I can now actually make the most of my serger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book for serging, September 14, 2011
E Ibe (SAN PEDRO, CA, US) - See all my reviews
Solid reference material and lots of good ideas. Clear photos and drawings make it easy to follow. I especially like the images for tension adjustment.

5.0 out of 5 stars SEWING MANIA, August 31, 2010
This book was a gift for my daughter, who is totally into sewing. She loves the book and has told me that it's been very helpful to her sewing career. It was certainly fast and easy shopping getting it at Amazon.com ... the fun, easy way to shop!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, March 9, 2011
This book has been more helpful than the owner's manual provided with my new serger. I'm very happy that I bought it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Serger Helper Book, February 12, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars probably better in hard copy, January 23, 2014
This book is very interesting and has a lot of great information, but the Kindle edition is not as useful because it is in black and white and the pictures that are shown are hard to see. I also think some pictures are missing. I am sure hard copy would be much better.

I chose to return the Kindle version and bought the hard copy instead.

Successful Serging: From Setup to Simple and Specialty Stitches
Successful Serging: From Setup to Simple and Specialty Stitches by Beth Baumgartel (Spiral-bound - October 1, 2009)
$19.99 $15.72