Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on June 22, 2012
To start off let me say this is the first review I've ever left, after ordering several hundred times from Amazon.

This is NOT a real SuckUK bottle opener!! I had read the bad reviews, and seen the reviews saying what others received was not authentic, but I ordered anyway.. My mistake!! My gf & I are going to Mexico in a month & the small village we are staying in sells almost all drinks in glass bottles, and you need a bottle opener to open them. After several trips down there in the past I've always needed a bottle opener but had not remembered to bring one, so this trip I decided to buy one for my gf & I to clip onto each of our backpacks. I seen the SuckUK key opener & decided to get it. After reading the bad reviews I decided to order one from Amazon, as well as one from the actual SuckUK website.. The Amazon version showed up a few days ago.. And I just received the authentic version directly from SuckUK today via UPS. The fake Amazon version is slightly smaller in certain places, although not super noticeable when looking from one to the other.. When you set them side by side it becomes readily apparent. The authentic SuckUK key is made of hardened steel, and looks like it has been chromed.. Whereas the Fake Amazon version is not, and would explain why so many reviews complain of them breaking after only a short period of time.

I have to say I have not used either one yet, so I can't attest to the working performance of either one personally, but I would suggest to anyone looking at this item to spend around $5 more and order the authentic SuckUK key bottle opener directly from their site!!
11 comment17 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2009
I've had one of these on my keychain for over a year and I love it. Be prepared for people to ask you "What is this key for?" and the "Oh, neat!" that you'll get when you tell them it's a bottle opener. It's not flimsy or cheaply made and looks very nice. It is longer than any other actual key I have on my keychain but that hasn't been a problem for me since it works so well. Since I almost always keep my keys in my pocket I almost always have a bottle opener handy, which is nice and aside from looking cool is the whole point of this product. When using the key, try to hook the bottle cap where the crimps are jutting out and the cap will come off easier. Most times the cap will come off in one attempt, but if it doesn't all you have to do is grab the cap with the key on another point and the cap will come right off.

Pros:
Looks cool
Works great
Well built

Cons:
Size - A little large (but if it were smaller it wouldn't be as easy to use)

EDIT: It is now 2013 and I still have this bottle opener on my keychain. It still works just as well as the day I bought it and I use it all the time. The chrome finish has worn away in some places to reveal the brass underneath (I assume it is brass), but that just gives it a more authentic "old key" look, in my opinion. I originally had high price as a con, but that was back when this cost 10 dollars. At $3.49 this is an excellent buy.
on February 16, 2011
It's a little big to carry around on my key chain, but I love the concept. I leave it hanging in my bar and use it as much for decoration as I do for opening bottles. It's a pretty nifty looking device without the red flag football flag hanging off of it, and has been the source of many bar conversations. Conversations that last around fifteen seconds, that is. "Hey man, that's cool! Where'd you get it?" Amazon. "Ah, sweet dude. Here, open my beer with it." And that's about it.

But if you don't mind a lot of stuff in your pocket, or something longer than your average key, grab you a couple of these. They'd make great party favors for adults, and they're just neat to have around.
on January 25, 2012
It looked very sharp. It was a smash hit as a present.
Unfortunately though it broke within 3 months of light usage :(
on November 16, 2011
This is not the real suckUK church key opener like you would buy in a store. This is a cheap knockoff. DO NOT BUY
on March 7, 2012
I bought one of these from another brick and mortar big name retailer. I thought they were very cool and I wanted to give as gifts to more friends. I saw these on Amazon and they were considerably cheaper than "in store" prices. If the deal is too good to be true, something must be wrong. The items I received were of vary poor quality with terrible packaging. I know what the real one looks like and this ain't it. My advice is DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY
11 comment9 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2009
This is one of the coolest keychains I've ever had, and I carry it proudly on with my keys. I can't tell both how classy and nondescript it looks from a distance, but how sleek and bold it looks up front. It's been a conversation starter so many times. It's a little bit difficult to use (and a little embarrassing to sometimes have trouble working my own bottle opener), but the style is totally worth it.
on September 20, 2009
This little 'fake' key is great- its stylish, a conversation starter and gets the job done. However, this is my second time purchasing the little do-dad cause after ~2 years of use the thing broke! Just plain snapped. So I guess they don't make um like they used to but- for the price, I'm willing to go around again.
on October 3, 2008
I am a bartender, and I love this product. Opening beer tops with a key is great, and everyone asks me about it.
I thought it would break in the first week of using it often, but it has held up like a champ. It's stronger than it looks.
on July 7, 2008
This bottle opener is just great to have at parties. Everyone likes it and no one knows that it's an opener until I tell them, clever idea. Worth it.