5.0 out of 5 stars A Shot To The Dome
Never been a Tyler Bates fan but the soundtrack to Sucker Punch not only captures the spirit and themes of the film brilliantly, it's a krusher from start to finish! Though it feels more like an Emily Browning vehicle- in addition to being the star of the movie she performs three of the nine songs- it doesn't detract from anything. She's got a light, airy voice and can...
Published on March 23, 2011 by John Green

3.0 out of 5 stars SuckerPunch Review
I bought this album immediately after seeing the movie because on film it was absolutely insane. But although it is a pretty good Soundtrack, it loses alot of its appeal when you don't have the amazing images to go with it. It's dark, intense, and addictive, just seems a little watered down as just a soundtrack. I'd say out of the nine songs, there are four I love,...
Published on April 27, 2011 by Kuuma

‹ Previous | 16 7 813 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie, great music, great soundtrack, June 14, 2012
This review is from: Sucker Punch (Audio CD)
This soundtrack is perfect. I've never seen anything like the movie Sucker Punch and having the sound track adds much to my life. If I love a film enough to buy the soundtrack then it is a BIG deal! I've never seen music play such a complementary roll in a movie and listening to it reminds me of the experience of watching the movie which is great because I fear watching a movie so many times that I wear it out and no longer enjoy it. Basically every piece of music on this is a cover of a more famous artist. I love covers because they pay homage to the original while adding the new artists' style in a unique way. I've never heard the Pixies Where is my Mind done like this and Sweet Dreams has never been so beautiful. Main star Emily Browning contributes her own voice to both of these tracks. I had no idea she could sing like that! She could probably make it on her own as a vocalist. I only mention these two tracks because they are probably the most easily recognized by the audience after watching the movie. EVERY song on this CD is great! I even like the artwork and design of the disc case and liner notes. It includes a picture of every girl with her character name and even an abbreviated version of the ending monologue of the film and a note of thanks from the director to those who worked on the music. Anyone who even half likes Sucker Punch should buy this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best soundtrack ever, June 8, 2012
This review is from: Sucker Punch (Audio CD)
I love that the soundtrack follows the timeline of the story on disk in relation to the movie. Just love this movie, and the music as a storytelling tool to boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack!, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Sucker Punch (Audio CD)
I bought this soundtrack because I LOVED the movie, the music being half of the reason for that. All the songs are remixes of older songs, and they're done so well. The style is mainly electro-fantasy, with a little bit of everything else to accompany it. I love every song on the CD (even the "I Want It All/We Will Rock You mash-up" that most people don't like; it seems out of place at first, but it's grown on me). I love that all the songs are long, usually around 5 and 6 minutes long, so even though there are only 9 tracks on the CD, you'll be listening to it forever (not to mention as good as the songs are, you'll want to keep this CD on repeat for days! I know I did!)

I love all the artists they had working on these songs, they really made it a stand-out hit. Emily Browning has an AMAZING voice, and even Bjork who I thought would be strange on this CD made a fantastic remix of a great song.

Couldn't love this CD more. I only wish more movies did soundtracks in this style.

5.0 out of 5 stars sucker punch., April 12, 2012
This review is from: Sucker Punch (Audio CD)
love the movie. had to have the soundtrack. awesome cd. love all the songs on it. really glad i got it for such a good price.graet seller.got it fast. will buy from again.

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 stars best sound track ever, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Sucker Punch (Audio CD)
this is a very good movie and an excellent sound track. all songs a nice mix of old and new music. if you like sound track compilations this is for you

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MUSIC / GREAT MOVIE, March 24, 2012
Don Kandlbinder (Bedford, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sucker Punch (Audio CD)
We watched the movie tonight on HBO and thoroughly enjoyed the special effects and the wonderful music. I am going to purchase the album (that dates me) next month after my SS check gets in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, February 16, 2012
Sucker Punch is a great movie and the soundtrack, to me, is even better. I love the job the various artists do on the older songs like "These Dreams", "White Rabbit", and "We Will Rock You/I Want it All". "Army of Me" by Bjork is outstanding and I never liked her music at all but this is a true exception. The songs all start off slow and low then build to their full musicality that makes me want to crank it up. I never thought I would have liked the movie and with that the soundtrack but I'm happy to be wrong on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suckerpunch, January 29, 2012
Patrice "Patrice" (LONG BEACH, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sucker Punch (Audio CD)
The movie was embarrassingly bad, but the soundtrack is incredibly great!! Fantastic covers of terrific songs. Glad I could find it and buy it. The only good thing about the movie is the soundtrack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack, January 18, 2012
This review is from: Sucker Punch (Audio CD)
I bought this soundtrack because I really enjoyed the music in the movie. It is great! The remake of some of the songs is a fantastic rendition. I would recommend this CD to anyone who likes to think outside the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior match of music and movie, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Sucker Punch (Audio CD)
I had to wait to see this movie on DVD, and was so impressed with the match of the music to the film I got the soundtrack right away. I wish there was more music on it, but the selection is excellent (except for track 4). This is one of the few soundtracks (along with "Great Expectations: The Score" from the 1998 film) that may be better than the movie,

‹ Previous | 16 7 813 | Next ›