Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 11, 2009 5:28:17 PM PST
T. Dinkel says:
Guess that why its already #1 on Amazon.com in just a few short days. Really, people why bother to go to a site just to make ignorant/negative comments. If you really feel the need why not just post these comments on your own site or blog (where no one who matters will see them) . 70 days till the DVD arrives :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2009 9:04:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 12, 2009 9:38:25 AM PST
Faith says:
Because we can. And don't dismiss people who dislike your precious movie as being ignorant. People who matter care about what dissenters have to say because we are the ones who change the world. As Bob the Builder likes to say, "YES WE CAN!!!" Muah ha ha ha.
It's number one because the SHEEEEEPLE love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2009 3:37:04 PM PST
T. Dinkel says:
Well, lets see you CAN also jump off a cliff..but WILL you? Haha...anyway you are ignorant because you don't understand that it is more than just a movie...it really is a good story. Maybe you should be open minded and read the books...if you can't read, the books are on audio as well :) As for your cartoon reference....perhaps the jump to more adult material will give you a better and more well rounded perspective. Good luck in your endeavor!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2009 4:11:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 12, 2009 4:35:40 PM PST
Faith says:
Walks into room. Reads above post... takes breath... ponders for a moment. Laughs and exits with "Nah. Tooo easy."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2009 4:22:34 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 12, 2009 4:34:33 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2009 5:03:05 PM PST
T. Dinkel says:
Thanks for the commentary! Your life seems fascinating...can hardly wait to read what you do next. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your sequel...in the mean time here is my prediction for the next chapter of your life: *scratches head...wonders how far the nearest cliff is and if will hurt very much to jump...decides instead to lie down and take a nap after polishing off a box of hohos* Absolutely riveting material! Please keep it up!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2009 10:12:37 AM PST
I wasn't going to reply to you at all because it's obvious that you just hate the movie, but I did want to comment on the "sheeple" comment. I want you know first of all though, that I in no way want to bash you for your opinion. You are 100% entitled to it. While I am a fan, I also know that not everyone is going to love Twilight, and that's fine with me. I don't really understand why people vehemently hate it so much and spend SO much time bashing it... I'm not really sure why they want to spend their time on that, but to each his own! I will say this though, not all of us are just "sheeple" that like it because everyone else does. When I read it for the first time two years ago, I had never heard of it. I stumbled across it in a store, because I was looking for something to read while I got my oil changed. The cover of the book caught my eye, and I when I read the back, I decided to buy it, because I enjoy vampire stories. I read it and couldn't put it down. No one I knew had read it, there wasn't even talk of a movie yet, as far as I know, so it wasn't the hype that made me like it. I just liked the story and the characters. I'm just saying that some of us did read it on our own without all of the hype and craziness surrounding it. As for the movie, I did like it, but I think it could have a lot better. Please don't flame me... I'm really just trying to explain our side in a rational manner. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2009 7:27:51 AM PST
Pfemm says:
You're right about the cover (and everything else ;) )
when twilight first came out and I passed it at the book store, the cover immediately grabbed my attention. I love imagery like that. Clean. Simple. Interesting. Minimal color palette.
I read the back and it seemed like an interesting story. I thought about buying it then but I didn't. I would come back for it eventually. but never did. then the hype grew. and then the movie. The movie looked decent and I wanted to see it. I decided to read the book before I saw the movie. (better that way. I get a bit more enjoyment out of books) So i borrowed it from a co-worker. Hooked. Read them all in about a week.

Truth be told they will never be "classics" but more on the lines of a "not-so-trashy romance" novel level. ;) and a more experienced writer could have taken the characters and story line to a much better place. but still as they are, I love them. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 11, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 29, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about

3.9 out of 5 stars   (2,362)