Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on November 3, 2004
Linda Francis Lee has outdone herself in this emotionally-gripping story with love and laughter wrapped into the package. The relationship between Kate and Jesse is very intense. And if that weren't enough, factor in a teenage boy, friends, and family and you have a gripping book that you don't want to put down. A definite MUST read!
VINE VOICEon November 11, 2004
This book sizzles! HOT, HOT, HOT! I am an avid reader of thriller and horror novels. I also like to dive into a romance book from time to time. I was thrilled to be given the chance to read Suddenly Sexy. This book wasn't like any romance novel I have ever read. This book kept me on the edge...of my seat, the ENTIRE time! To be brutally honest I have never heard of Linda Francis Lee. I will never forget her! She has grabbed my attention and I have to say I am going to head out and find more of her books.

The main characters Kate and Jesse are very different. Kate is looked at as a prude, small time girl and is trying her hardest to break the mold. Jesse, the boy next door to Kate growing up is now an amazing stud. A bad boy that all us girls have dreamed of at some point in our life! Kate sure has. She has never forgot Jesse when he moved away so many years ago. She has always cared for him, even loved him. Jesse, a golf pro, comes back to get away from an event he doesn't want to remember. He saved a woman at a golf tournament and hasn't quiet been able to get past the event. We find out more secrets about these two as the story unfolds. The story just keeps getting better as it throws in more detail about these characters and their lives. I have read some amazing books in the last few years but I seriously can't remember the last time I felt so alive, amazed, and well...sexy! This book will melt all the snow off your roof this winter!
on November 9, 2014
Characters well developed and the storyline is good. I just don't like books with weak willed females that are treated less than poorly by the male lead as well as her friends for 350 pages and then he says I'm sorry and off they rush to Vegas to get married, everything forgiven.

The message delivered, treat her however you want then say sorry and start again in 2 seconds.
on October 30, 2012
How do you write a review for a book when all you want to do is go back to the start and re read it again? Suddenly Sexy by Linda Francis Lee is a contemporary romance set in Texas. From the opening email between Kate and her friend and boss Julia, you become immersed in the witty, intelligent and sometimes humiliating world of Kate Bloom, News Anchor at KTEX TV West Texas. For many years, Kate has been playing it safe, both in the workplace and in her social life. Timid and reserved from growing up under the frivolous parenting of her mother, she has created a world, which is risk free, responsible and respectable. She has yet to understand who she really is as she desperately clings to playing life safe.

The antithesis to safe, responsible and respectable is sexy, dark and gorgeous Jesse Chapman. Despite living next door to Kate, his life couldn't have been more different to hers. Whether it be from grief at losing his mother at age ten, judgement from his elder brother, or from his father's prolific neglect to father him not befriend him, woo and taint him, Jesse leads a carefree life especially when it comes to women. He maintains his control however, and has not let anyone into his heart. Until, that is, he reunites with Kate.

Through a surprising twist of circumstance, Kate and Jesse are thrust together to not only work through Kate's career issues, Jesse's future as a pro-golfer but also his new role as a father. Added to this mix is the undeniable attraction that sizzles between the two former friends. From the moment they meet, sparks fly. Kate is tenacious and strong, but terribly weak when it comes to Jesse. From their first instance of contact, the temperature heats up. At some moments he is like a predator stalking his prey, oozing sex and seduction. At others, he withdraws leaving Kate breathless, shaking and confused.

Linda Francis Lee has you glued to the words as passion ripped between Kate and Jesse, keeping your pulse racing. There actually weren't many sex scenes but that doesn't mean that you won't be feeling hot and squirmy many times throughout the book.

One of the other terrific elements about the book is the friendship between Kate, Julia and Chloe, three friends since childhood. Mostly through their humorous and feisty email conversations, you learn that theirs is a rich, deep friendship where all is shared and trusted.

Suddenly Sexy was so well written, that it was incredibly difficult to put down. The humor was well placed, often unexpected, the sizzling sexual tension brilliant, as was the underlying story so well told, of the need of acceptance and love. A complete package so worth the read. I laughed, cried, smouldered and snorted, and simply can't wait to read the Sequel!
on February 20, 2012
Having previously enjoyed The Devil in the Junior League, by Lee, I try to keep an eye out for her other novels. Thus, imagine my excitement to find not one, but three! Suddenly Sexy is the first novel in the Sexy Trilogy, followed up by Sinfully Sexy and Simply Sexy. Having read all three prior to writing this review, I'll say two things - (1) this is my favorite book of the three and (2) you'll want to read them in order.

Suddenly Sexy is a classic story about good girl and bad boy, with the added element of childhood friendship/almost-romance. However, good girl and bad boy has a modern twist, with each of them having demanding careers, parental issues, and emotional obstacles. Not to mention, bad boy tries to be a let down in a big way towards the end - very shocking!

I liked both Jesse and Kate, and the friendship between Kate, Chloe and Julia was a wonderful element, yet Lee did a great job of making sure the friendship did not overshadow the love story. This is an enjoyable read that I would recommend to anyone - light and fun, without being cheesy.
Kate Bloom has loved Jesse Chapman all her life. They lived next door to each other. When Kate was born he didn't like her at first and as she got a little older she looked up to him to help care for her. When he was fourteen and she was ten he had a bad fight with his father and Kate had snuck into his room and got in bed with him to comfort him. That's how their lives had been . Jesse is now a professional golfer and he is well know. Kate is a New reporter with her own show. All of a sudden Jesse comes back to town and some deep secrets are reveled that might hurt their relationship. This is a great story. It does contain profanity and some sex. A good read
on December 29, 2014
I really hate to say it but I hated this book. I will admit that I related to the main character and I felt for her greatly but if it was me I wouldn't have any friends in her world. The first being her friends telling her they need her to change and the one setting up "shows" that would embarrass her to show her "real side" to the audience. I imagine that Ms. Lee wrote these scenes thinking they would be humorous but I found them cringe worthy and humiliating, and I'm not even the character!
On top of this the main character comes to question who she really is and I don't think Ms. Lee's last two chapters truly show that she's come to accept herself. I know this is not a full review but I ended the book feeling angry and feeling like the heroine cheated herself out of happiness.
on December 14, 2014
Great read!! Couldn't put it down. Ms. Linda Francis Lee's story was very good. The characters were easy to like, their banter was entertaining and the story flowed well. I read this straight through, couldn't put it down. I laughed & even shed a tear (don't worry it's a great read not heavy, I'm just sentimental). Also loved the different views, always nice to get into more than one character's thoughts. I recommend reading this one and I will certainly look for more of Ms. Lee's books!!!
VINE VOICEon June 2, 2004
Jesse Chapman and Katherine "Katie" Bloom had grown up as neighbors and close friends, despite their age difference. Jesse had helped Katie as she grew up into a lovely lady. He had protected her from bullies and kept her sane when her mother ignored her which was most of the time. In return, Katie loved Jesse for who he was, regardless of his bad boy attitude and ways. Young Katie had been utterly crushed when Jesse left her behind in El Paso, Texas, while he left to become a golf pro.
The audience believed Katie was too prim and proper as a news anchor for KTEX TV. So her best friends Julia and Chloe, who happened to be the station's owner and manager, decided to show the public another side of Katie. "Getting Real With Kate" was done live. The first show was supposed to have a cooking theme with the guest star being a famous chef. Katie was really worried when the chef had not shown up when the two minute air time warning was announced. But when Julia walked in and threw Jesse in as a replacement for the chef, Katie panicked! And after the show, when Julia used guilt to persuade Katie into letting Jesse stay in her guest cottage, Katie came close to a panic attack! How could she possibly survive having Jesse so close to her again? How would she possibly survive when Jesse left her again?
Jesse Chapman was on the verge of winning the PGA Championship. The tournament was in less than a month. The magazines and tabloids constantly told of his winnings on the golf course, as well as, with the string of ladies that came and went. Recently, Jesse had saved a woman's life. The media refused to leave Jesse alone. When Jesse felt himself about to fall apart, he returned to El Paso for a vacation. Instead of relaxing, Jesse found himself still wanting Katie as his own. He also found out that he had a twelve-year-old son named Travis!
***** A great beginning to the "Sexy" trilogy. Travis's mother is seldom in the picture. The story focuses on Katie, Jesse, and Travis with terrific results. I would never have guessed that a book with golf in it could possibly be so much fun. The book is full of humor and witty emails exchanged between Katie, Julia, and Chloe. As for Travis, he may only be twelve, but living with his mom has given him more serious experience with how women react to things. So he is twelve, going on thirty. I still chuckle at the memory of Jesse being agog at Travis stating that Katie NEEDED to eat ice cream straight out of the carton, forget the bowl. I fell in love with the character of Travis right then! This novel is another winner by Linda Francis Lee. BRAVA!
On a side note, if you put all three covers from the trilogy side-by-side, they make one large picture. Excellent idea! *****
(...)
on November 5, 2012
Great book. This author always writes a great story. Full lenght modern day love story. Their is two other books in this series but this one doesn't leave you having to read the others to finish this story. Which I like. Would recommend this as a good read.