One of my co-workers brought this cookbook into work for all of us to browse through during slow periods and at lunch. I really enjoyed looking through it and of course looked it up on Amazon to see all the info.

Published on July 17, 2011 by GinSing

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Very Good at First Glance - Impressive Size and Qty
Published on February 19, 2005 by Amazon Addicted

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Very Good at First Glance - Impressive Size and Qty, February 19, 2005
This review is from: 1000 Low Fat, Salt, Sugar & Cholesterol Recipes To Tempt Your Tastebuds (Paperback)
How can you argue with a cookbook containing 1000 recipes with pictures of ALL of them. At first glance you would say this is the greatest low fat, salt, sugar and cholesterol cookbook of all time. But wait, on page 566, one of many, is a recipe with 630 calories, 38 carbs, 40g of fat and 24g of Saturated Fat considered to fit this criteria. In my mind this is way too much for this type of cookbook. Where is the low salt listing for this item. And where is the low cholesterol listing. I entered the ingredients into my nutritional calculator and find that it has 128mg of Cholesterol and 660mg of sodium. Looking throughout the book salt and cholesterol is not listed on ANY recipe. How do we know what recipes fit the low salt and/or low cholesterol criteria.

It's obvious that this cookbook is not what it appears. It is a compilation of low fat AND low sugar and COULD contain low salt and low cholesterol recipes. The latter two types we really don't know.

Having stated the above, I still think this cookbook has value. Thus I gave it 3 stars. You just have to watch what you are preparing and check the nutritional information for salt and cholesterol yourself if you are trying to limit these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be DECEIVED!!!, December 25, 2008
If you want to make low fat-food, don't waste your money here. This cookbook claims in 2 inch type to have 1000 LOW FAT recipes. It does NOT. In fact, almost *NONE* of the recipes are low fat -- yes, previous reviewer, they don't taste low fat because they are, in fact, mostly HIGH FAT! These recipes call for whole milk, multiple tablespoons of butter, sour cream, and get this: "full-fat cheese." A typical recipe from this book has 20 - 30 g of fat per serving (and one even has 49g fat/ 614 calories -- that's 441 calories out of 614 from fat!). Given that the medical community recommends a max of 65g per DAY, well, eat one of these you get rice cakes for the rest of the day.

As someone who must eat low-fat for health reasons, I can't eat anything from this cookbook. Stay away from it if you care about fat content!

4.0 out of 5 stars Forget the title, and just enjoy the book..it's a nice one to have, July 17, 2011

I will say that I bought mine used, for about $5. The book is VERY heavy - like a physician's desk reference or something large and somewhat cumbersome. But the pictures are beautiful and each page is laid out with a gorgeous color photo of the recipe, then the full recipe, nutritional information, and step by step photo instructions, therefore each page IS a recipe card.

The recipes are different, unusual, and yet the ingredients don't seem to be bazaar or far fetched from what I have seen. And the directions look far more simple than each beautiful photo display of the finished product appears.

I don't know why it is titled as it is. So, I say 'forgettaboutit' and just enjoy the cookbook for what it IS - a beautifully laid out, interesting, different cookbook that is fun for your guests to flip through while you are entertaining them, and fun to try something different.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, October 8, 2012
This book is extremely heavy, in fact too heavy for daily use in the kitchen. I thought the title was misleading...I felt the recipes were not low salt, fat, sugar and cholesterol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, April 14, 2003
Tobie Kemp (Newport News, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I needed a book to get menu ideas & recipes from for my inlaws who live with us due to different medical needs. I looked through many books till I found this one. It has all the nutrition info for choosing the perfect low everything meal that still tastes great. I would recomend this book to anyone with specific dietary needs, or just wants to eat healthy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most amazing cookbook ever! You'd never know they are heathy, but they are!, June 30, 2014
Michelle Roussell (North Hollywood, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My favorite cookbook EVER!! Wish it was available as an ebook. So many great recipes and lots of choices of ingredients and cuisines. Bonus that they are all health conscious!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't order this, April 17, 2014
Spine dislodged from cover on first opening. What a disappointment ! The recipes look great but I will not know

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and it's huge!, March 28, 2014
Veryhappy (Oklahoma, USA) - See all my reviews
Absolutely love it. It's much larger than I anticipated and the color photos are gorgeous. I'm so excited to try some of the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook, January 12, 2014
I saw this cookbook at a friends home while I was traveling. She used it for a few meals while I was there and I was hooked on the diversity of the recipes, on the clarity of the instructions, and on the fact that the meals are so healthy with great flavor. The book is huge, but if you don't need to carry it around, it is a great source for healthy food with Interesting ingredients and great taste. What's not to like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cook Book, January 31, 2013
My wife loves it! We eat out of it almost once every week. I think she's cooking out of it again tonight.

1000 Low Fat, Salt, Sugar & Cholesterol Recipes To Tempt Your Tastebuds