4.0 out of 5 stars I Liked It!
I liked the book. The book is small and written in a larger than normal print. There are quite a few recipes that are easy to make and actually taste good. I have tried many of them myself. My copy is dated 1981. But the recipes are easy to read and following the directions is not a problem.
Published on December 4, 2004 by Ivy Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Little to recommend it
Published on March 18, 2001 by Robin Alwine

2.0 out of 5 stars Little to recommend it, March 18, 2001
This review is from: No Salt, No Sugar, No Fat Cookbook (Nitty Gritty Cookbooks) (Paperback)
The size of this book should have clued me in. It's only about 9.25 x 6.25" and 171 pages of large type. Recipes are often quite separated from the norm, in my opinion, such as Athenian Market Stew. There are lots of recipes that require mint, of all things! There are no photos aside from the one one the cover. The index is its top feature, in that one can find a recipe a number of ways: by main ingredient, by type(like "Sauces"), etc.
To their credit, the authors do provide recommendations on how to stock a healthy pantry, read food labels, and even three ways to make a vegetable stock. However, these pages take space away from recipes, which is what folks buy cookbooks for. This book is a tiny one that can ill-afford the loss of recipe room!
Also, many of the recipes are quick and easy to prepare. The Braised Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes is extremely good, and it's simple to fix.
For the money, I recommend you choose a more extensive cookbook. This is a handy little tome if you have ample room for storage, but if like me your space is limited, try to stretch it further with a larger, more worthwhile volume.

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty disappointed, January 21, 2003
A. T. Spadaccini (brooklyn, ny United States) - See all my reviews
well, first of all, the title said "no fat" and well, almost all of the recipes here have fat in them, and the desserts have almost the same amount of fat as regular desserts! also, the recipes have no pictures, so it's a bit hard to follow. for some reason, and this may be the fault of my own, i expected more vegetarian recipes, and there really weren't that many (there was also a TON of dairy involved) but i guess other people ought to know that before they consider buying this. all in all i have to admit, i wouldn't recommend this book to my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Liked It!, December 4, 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, April 1, 2003
Silverman and Williams deliver again with this excellent cookbook that is devoid of recipes containing sugar, salt and fat. I don't much like the food I make from it, admittedly, but the recipes really are sound - especially the cheeseburger.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good start to healthier meals, June 8, 2013
This cookbook was gifted to my wife and me more than twenty years ago. Until recently, it was buried on the shelves where we keep our cookbooks. The idea of cooking with no salt, sugar, or fat sounded so unappealing that we never even referred to it once. But... when my doctor kept getting on to me about my blood pressure and weight, then administered the coup de grâce - a diagnosis of diabetes - I was forced to get my act together and make some major lifestyle changes. Then we dug out the "No Salt, No Sugar, No Fat Cookbook," dusted it off, and started perusing the recipes. It's not as grim a regimen as I thought it would be. There's a good variety of main courses (meat and vegetarian), plus appetizers, soups, vegetables, and desserts. There's also some advice about adapting your favorite recipes to reduce the amount of salt, sugar, and fat.

This isn't the only healthy eating cookbook we have, but we've used it a good bit over the past two years, and my doctor is very pleased with my weight loss, BP, and A1C. And that's the best endorsement I could possibly give for the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Salt, No Sugar, No Fat Cookbook (Nitty Gritty Cookbooks), April 24, 2014
Purchased this book for my mother who was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and was taken off salt and sugar. Book was much appreciated; therefore, I'm sure it was in good condition - as described by the seller. No complaints from this end.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, February 9, 2014
I really expected more. I expected more "creativity" from a professional. People who write cookbooks like this have no business selling them. But if you enjoy boring and boring, you might enjoy this cook book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book to learn to cook no salt, no sugar, no fat way., December 22, 2012
This is a good cook book for someone starting out learning the fat, salt, sugar free way of cooking. A health scare prompted me into buying this book as I knew nothing of cooking this way. This book really eased my mind about actually changing the way I thought of food and that this new free way could actually work.

5.0 out of 5 stars no salt, no sugar, no fat cook book, September 9, 2012
This book shows you how to cut the bad stuff out of your cooking. It tells how to use substitutes in any recipe, plus gives good recipes for you to use. Very helpful and simple. I purchased several of these books for my family from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect following Lap-Belt surgery!, March 16, 2011
I am gifting this book to my granddaughter who is having Lap-Belt surgery soon. I think there are some great tasty and nutritious recipes in this book, and it also serves as a 'Primer' for cooking healthy and eating well. It is probably not for cookbook gourmets, but it is ideal for younger ones just starting out and learning basic healthy cooking and eating. I'm not at all disappointed in this little book as it serves as a great foundation for younger ones who once relied on fast foods during their teenage years... yuk!

No Salt, No Sugar, No Fat Cookbook (Nitty Gritty Cookbooks)
No Salt, No Sugar, No Fat Cookbook (Nitty Gritty Cookbooks) by Jacqueline Williams (Paperback - 1993)
Used & New from: $0.01