5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious but laxative effect is explained.
Published on February 28, 2011 by gv403

2.0 out of 5 stars Keep the lid up!
Taste: Almost as good as regular Jelly Belly

Texture: A little odd...not as good, but tolerable

Laxative effect: OMG! Ex-Lax is no match for these babies! Clear your schedule!
Published on August 17, 2010 by J. Vincent Legg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious but laxative effect is explained., February 28, 2011
This review is from: Sugar-Free Jelly Belly 2.1 lb Assorted case (Misc.)
Ok... the laxative effect is a secondary sweetener called maltitol. It is known to cause a laxative effect. Its very similar to sugar so it can be used in the same manner. However it is known to cause irritation on the GI. Maltitol is a very slow absorbing sugar and excess can cause gas, bloating and diarrhea. However, these jelly beans are delicious and taste very similar to the non-sugarfree variety. But, as the other reviewers cautioned self-discipline is going to be heavily recommended. These things are extremely powerful. On my first go I was warned by a friend who told me he had a bag and he almost died. I didn't believe him and I had a whole bag of these delicious beans... before I continue... go ahead and read the warnings on the bag. It suggests no more than 8 beans at a time... I tested this and it was best way to go and caused no problems. HOWEVER, if you DO consume a whole bag prepare for several hours of repeated bathroom visits, bloating like if your intestines were going to explode and and severe intestinal gas. So, go ahead enjoy a couple from time to time and it will be a very good purchase. But again, caution and self control!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for sugar-free, November 19, 2008
This review is from: Sugar-Free Jelly Belly 2.1 lb Assorted case (Misc.)
I love these. For a sugar-free candy, they are wonderful. Made with Splenda and no aspartame aftertaste. They are one of the few sugar free sweets I actually enjoy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Keep the lid up!, August 17, 2010
Taste: Almost as good as regular Jelly Belly

Texture: A little odd...not as good, but tolerable

Laxative effect: OMG! Ex-Lax is no match for these babies! Clear your schedule!

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Treats!, October 23, 2012
This review is from: Sugar-Free Jelly Belly 2.1 lb Assorted case (Misc.)
I have been enjoying these sweet, chewy, flavorible treats and have learned how to control allowable portion size for my body.
However, I do have ONE complaint!
I just got back from CVS pharmacy where EACH package was $.70 cheaper than these that I have been ordering from Amazon.
I saved $8.40 on 12 packages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Remerkably good!, June 23, 2010
Iconoclast (Vienna, Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sugar-Free Jelly Belly 2.1 lb Assorted case (Misc.)
I'm a long time jelly bean lover. Since I am perennially dieting, I haven't had them very often, and not for a long time. So, I had to try these. I'm really surprised at how good they are! They taste like...jellybeans! Good jellybeans. They aren't fakey or cloying. In fact, they are so good that I have to be careful not to overdo it with them. Start slowly, as they can give you a kick in the gut if you are sensitive. But for me, dong low carb now on my doctor's orders, these babies are truly a tasty little blessing and a treat when handled with care.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but bad, September 1, 2012
This review is from: Sugar-Free Jelly Belly 2.1 lb Assorted case (Misc.)
Even after eating the just 1 serving size, I get horrible pain in my stomach and my stomach starts gargling and turning and I get HORRIBLE gas. They taste great, but are bad for the stomach.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Great Laxative, July 10, 2010
Fish Head Soup (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sugar-Free Jelly Belly 2.1 lb Assorted case (Misc.)
The taste is OK but stay away from these unless you want to spend some time on the pot. Within 30 - 45 minutes of ingesting I am on the pot in intestinal misery. I do not know what they use as a sweetener but it IS NOT Splenda. I use Splenda DAILY and it never effects me like these do. Go for it if you want to dump your guts but if you want jelly beans go with the regular ones. If your diabetic and want these.....just eat at home, make sure you have no plans for later and see that the bathroom is free.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!!, June 17, 2011
This review is from: Sugar-Free Jelly Belly 2.1 lb Assorted case (Misc.)
Sugar-Free Jelly Belly 2.3 lb caseI want to warn you about the possibility of extreme diarrhea, NOT merely a "laxative effect," from a 3.1 oz. bag of sugar free Jelly Bellys. It has been 4 hours since I ate them (yes, I know I shouldn't have eaten so many!) and I am still in distress. This is not just a "laxative effect"! Laxatives don't usually keep you "running" until there is nothing left. I think that this could be a super-fast prep for a colonoscopy - it certainly is just as effective, if you get what I mean. I am just lucky that I was at home and not at work or traveling. The warning should be stronger to save someone who is truly medically compromised from the danger of dehydration or worse. I would hate to see a child or an elderly person go through what I am experiencing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sugar Free Jelly Belly, December 19, 2013
This review is from: Sugar-Free Jelly Belly 2.1 lb Assorted case (Misc.)
Jelly Belly was one of my favorite candies. When I became diabetic it was hard to do without the candy I really liked, then I found Jelly Belly. They meet all my expatiations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sugar Free Jelly Bean Rating, December 15, 2013
This review is from: Sugar-Free Jelly Belly 2.1 lb Assorted case (Misc.)
These jelly beans are great I prefer them to the sugar jelly beans they are too sweet. The delivery was great and on time. Anyone who likes jelly beans would enjoy these.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›