Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Halloween
Customer Discussions > Can You Keep a Secret? forum

Suggestions for a 20-something reader

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2010 1:56:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2010 2:05:16 PM PST
L. ANDREWS says:
Somebody help me! I love to read but I am having trouble finding new books that hold my interest.
I am not into vampires, the paranormal, or science fictions. I enjoy the chick-lit kind of books but I find that some are a little on the chessy side. I like Candace Bushnell, Jane Green, Emily Griffin and Jennifer Weiner. I have also enjoyed some of NIcholas Sparks books as well, but now I need help finding another great author and new books to read. I'd appreciate the help!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2010 8:14:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2010 8:26:18 PM PDT
Brookelyn says:
you should try marian keyes; it's chick lit with a darker side. the characters deal with real life situations like death, abuse, or addiction but it's not too depressing. i started out with this charming man.

oh, i also forgot about garden spells by sarah addison allen and chocolat by joanne harris. both fantastic books

Posted on Apr 4, 2010 8:42:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 6, 2010 3:10:28 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 28, 2010 1:51:28 PM PDT
Amy L. Lowry says:
Fern Michaels Sisterhood Series is excellent!

Posted on Jul 6, 2010 4:32:27 PM PDT
I think Allison Winn Scotch would be right up your alley. Check out Time of My Life, or the new one, The One That I want. She also has a great website, and a helpful blog for aspiring writers:

Oh, and definitely try Bridget Jones's Diary if you haven't read that already, and the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella is fun. You might like The Last Will of Moira Leahy (by Therese Walsh) as well, although it's less "chick lit" and more "women's fiction."

My book is a "chick lit" book about 3 best friends in their 20s, written in episodes. So think Sex and the City mashed up with Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? It's currently in ebook form only, but I have been asked by a major publisher to submit a proposal to turn it into a traditional print novel!

Twenty-Somewhere - $1.99

Kristan - writing dreams into reality

Posted on May 17, 2011 1:25:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2011 1:26:14 PM PDT
Mary Malone says:
Anything by Marian Keyes or Sophie Kinsella.

Mr Right for the Night by Marisa Mackle is also funny and light-hearted.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 9:50:35 PM PDT
Confetti Covered Quicksand- true story and very entertaining

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2011 8:37:14 AM PDT
Hi Andrews... Tgis is exactly the type of book I like to read (and try to write). I just released my first one on Kindle, Betting Jessica. You might check out the sample pages and see if it fits the style you are looking for. Also, I really like Lynne Messina, and I don't remember who it is by, but I just read a fun book called Definitely Not Mr. Darcy. I hope this helps. Cheers, Deanne

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 2:05:54 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2011 2:59:12 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 2:42:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2011 2:59:21 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 7:26:05 PM PDT
TDF says:
I would suggest:

Love and Lattes (A Meadow Ridge Romance)
Bunny Hills and Bikinis
The BITCH-PROOF SUIT (Irish Romantic Comedy)
Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many

And if you like a steamier funny romance try:

Simply Irresistible (A Lucky Harbor Novel) and the rest of the Lucky Harbor Series

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2014 12:44:37 PM PDT
How about trying a chick lit written from a man. True I gave just had my debut novel Taylor Made published to good reviews well my wife likes it. Thanks David Hutchings
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Can You Keep a Secret?
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella (Paperback - March 17, 2003)
4.3 out of 5 stars (1,120)