Other highlights include 10-inch ankle zippers and an elastic waistband with a pre-laced stretch drawstring. The tights' inseam measures 30 inches.
- Breathable: Reduces overheating by allowing perspiration to escape. Dries quickly. Durable and lightweight.
- Dry wick: Wicks perspiration from the skin to the outer surface. Spreads moisture from fiber to fiber with capillary action. Dries quickly through evaporation. Creates a cool, dry comport for high-exertion activities.
- Water-resistant: Reduces overheating by allowing perspiration to escape. Extremely light and compact.
- Wind-resistant: Prevents wind from penetrating the garment. Keeps you warm. Breathable. Allows perspiration to escape.
- 6.6 ounces per square yard
- 224 grams per square meter (GSM)
- 100 percent polyester face and back
- 100 percent polyurethane laminate
About S3+ Protection + Layer Fabrics
Made of Firewall--an innovative fabric group in Sugoi's range of elite soft shells--this combination of layers provides superior protection in the harshest of winter conditions.
About 3M Scotchlite Material
Whether you're working or playing, 3M Scotchlite Reflective Material helps you to be seen at dawn, dusk, or night, in all weather conditions. It uses a technology known as retroreflection, which helps the eye perceive light in low-light conditions. In more scientific terms, retroreflection occurs when light rays are returned in the direction from which they came. A large amount of reflected light is returned directly to the original light source, such as a car�s headlights. Since very little light is scattered when the light is returned, retroreflective materials appear brightest to an observer located near the original light source.
About the Sugoi Comfort System
As every athlete�s body requires different layering for ultimate comfort, protection, and performance, Sugoi has taken a back-to-basics approach with the Sugoi Comfort System. This system works from your skin to the outer surface of your apparel, and provides an optimal climate for your body, balanced temperature regulation, maximum comfort, and performance that can be personalized for each individual.
Sugoi products will be covered for one year from the proof-of-purchase date for manufacturing defects. Please be aware that the following claims are not subject to warranty:
- Damage caused by general wear against abrasive surfaces, such as Velcro, bag strapping, rough seams, or a rip on the saddle
- Rips, burns, tears, and damages due to accidents, improper care, misuse, or the natural breakdown of colors and materials over time
For years, hardcore athletes have known that Sugoi makes some of the most hard-working apparel in endurance sports. For over 20 years, the company has been working diligently to make sure it lives up to its name. Sugoi's journey began when David Hollands, a bicycle racer, and Carol Prantner, a fashion student, founded the company in 1987. The upstart originated as a basement operation in the outdoor playground of Vancouver, British Columbia. The initial product consisted merely of bike shorts, made to address the short supply of genuine technical cycling apparel, which all came from Japan or Europe at the time.
These humble shorts contained the genesis of the original Sugoi ethic of innovation and excellence, and soon enough other competitors wanted the shorts too. Sugoi quickly earned an almost cult following among athletes seeking the best-performing, best-looking apparel available.
Twenty years hasn't changed Sugoi's relentless focus on making workouts a great experience, but the company has certainly changed. Today, it has more than 250 employees. Its expansive catalogs now offer hundreds of technical garments and accessories, including underlayers, jackets, shorts, swimsuits, socks, and hats. With distribution throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, Sugoi is truly an international brand.
Ironman winners, world champions, and Olympians--they've all worn Sugoi, and they continually provide the company with flattering feedback on its range of apparel. The people at Sugoi admit that they revel in such praise from the ranks of the elite, but they've always known their success derives from recognizing and serving the needs of their core customer: the committed, everyday athlete.