5.0 out of 5 stars Protection from the weather, and high visibility, April 20, 2012
Andrea Polk (Pacific Northwest - USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sugoi Men's RPM Jacket (Apparel)
This is the first time I've purchased a Sugoi product, but when I saw it at such a terrific sale price on Amazon I had to get one.

My husband takes daily walks in any kind of weather on a country road where visibility is an issue. This jacket provides him with a very lightweight
"Semi-Fit" jacket that allows perspiration to escape, but still keeps him warm and dry via a very thin layer. Reflective striping on the sleeves and down the middle of the back of the jacket make for easy visibility when combined with the bright colors used by Sugoi.

Designed for cyclists, this jacket has an extra long tail that protects to just below your bum. Perfect for on or off a bike to keep your backside dry.

The collar is a short stand-up that due to the soft lightness of the material used in the jacket, is non-abrasive to your neck.

Cuffs have elastic in them, with a Velcro cinch on each cuff for additional security around your wrists.

Two zippered vents of about 10" long are on each side of the jacket, but no pockets.

The quality and performance of this jacket are excellent. The fit is semi-fitted or snug-ish, but not tight and the sizing charts are accurate. Sized for men, this jacket allows for someone with fairly broad shoulders to wear it and still have adequate mobility and comfort.

Highly recommend this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent windbreaker, June 4, 2013
Erik Gordon Bainbridge "Author, virtual world... (North San Francisco Bay, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sugoi Men's RPM Jacket (Apparel)
I've had this for four months. Now that summer is here, I don't expect to wear it again until winter (we generally don't get rain here between May and October), but it was excellent in cooler weather.

This is a jacket for keeping you warm while being active. It keeps the wind and rain out while keeping your body warmth in. It's a windbreaker, not an insulated jacket, so if you're standing still or sitting, it won't keep you warm. When I'm active, however, it keeps me warm even on very cool, damp days. When I'm not active, I wear warmer clothes underneath or an insulated jacket.

The oversized flaps that can be unzipped under both arms will be much appreciated when riding my mountain bike up a mountain during cool weather by allowing air to circulate to keep me cool, but before I begin a long downhill I can zip it up and stay warm.

If you ride a bike in wet conditions, you'll appreciate the extra long tail that keeps you dry in the rear.

I only have two complaints:
1) It doesn't have pockets. However, it was my fault for not checking this before buying. I might have bought it anyway. I can always use a small fanny pack for things I would have carried in a jacket pocket, such as a cell phone and portable GPS.
2) I hate the reflective markings on the sleeves and back. However that's because I ride mainly offroad and don't need anything reflective. I think that most people who ride on the road in dark or wet conditions will appreciate this feature.

This is only the second time I've bought a Sugoi product. The first, a pair of running shorts I bought last year, are holding up fine, so I see no reason why this windbreaker won't hold up also. The construction quality looks excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality biking jacket, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Sugoi Men's RPM Jacket (Apparel)
Fast delivery and as expected. A high quality Sugoi biking jacket. Very light, fits perfect. I went up one size to get a bit of room in cooler weather and so it wasn't skin tight. Am very happy with the fit and quality. Makes bad weather riding fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin light weight and good quality., January 10, 2013
This review is from: Sugoi Men's RPM Jacket (Apparel)
This Sugoi jacket really helps keep the wind out. It is very thin and really light. The jacket can be folded and stored in your helmet. There is one down side, I have average size wrists and the X-Large jacket does not close tightly around it there is a little space where air can flow in. This however, is minor compared to the overall quality of the jacket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket - Not quite what I was expecting, June 8, 2012
This review is from: Sugoi Men's RPM Jacket (Apparel)
I ordered this jacket mainly due to its price - can't find a Sugoi jacket for this price in Canada. Overall, I am very happy with this jacket. I've worn it a couple times out in the rain now, and a few times as a windbreaker on cooler rides. This kept me bone dry, and the long tail kept my rear dry too. This is a great jacket, and tailored to be a comfortable "fitted" feeling, without making me feel like I'm in a body suit. This material is a little thicker than what I expected, but is great at keeping you dry. It folds up small enough to fit in a jersey pocket.

I'd definitely recommend this jacket, and Sugoi makes great products that hold up - well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket, February 7, 2014
This review is from: Sugoi Men's RPM Jacket (Apparel)
I use it always! Great jacket, ligth weigth, preserv warm, very useful ventilation zippers. Totaly recomended in all condittions. !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket for Price, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Sugoi Men's RPM Jacket (Apparel)
Really good value for the money. My 30 year old son is about 5'7" and weighs about 135lbs and this medium jacket fitted him perfectly. It is very light weight and he didn't mind that there were no pockets and really liked the zipper openings which are great for ventilating under the arms. The jacket has very good reflective elements on the outside of the sleeves and back. The lower back covers his butt which is great for the rain. Living in Northern California, this jacket will be enough on it's own in most of our weather, but I feel would be too small to go over a thicker jacket or sweater so it might be a better idea to buy a larger size if you need to wear more garments underneath.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am sure it will protec form the rain, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Sugoi Men's RPM Jacket (Apparel)
It is a good quality jacket. I hope to use it in the winter time, in a few weeks. Thanks

Sugoi Men's RPM Jacket, Chili Red, Large