5.0 out of 5 stars Very audiophile record
I bought this CD during the World Of Hifi in Munich as it was supposed to be a very excellent recording - and I was not disappointed. The cello sounds very natural and authentic to me.
The interpretation is expressive in that way, that the instrument speaks; Expression is not sacrificed to virtuosity (doesn’t mean there is any luck of the latter).
Published 5 months ago by derDings

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot compete with the many great recordings out there
Published on June 30, 2010 by Stephen Grabow

5.0 out of 5 stars Very audiophile record, February 8, 2014
This review is from: 6 Suites & Violoncello Solo Senza Basso (Audio CD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot compete with the many great recordings out there, June 30, 2010
Stephen Grabow (Lawrence, Kansas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 6 Suites & Violoncello Solo Senza Basso (Audio CD)
I feel that one cannot have too many versions of the Bach Cello Suites because each performer brings a unique sound and interpretation to these wonderful pieces, so I am always on the lookout for any new ones. This one by Martin Zeller (volume one only) just cannot compete with the likes of Queyras, Klinger, Isserlis, Wispelwey, Pergamenschikov, Mork, Thedeen or the legendary Casals. His tempos are too agogic and the microphone sounds as if it was placed inside his cello (way too close). Most importantly, there's not much poetry here. I won't be looking out for volume 2.

6 Suites & Violoncello Solo Senza Basso
6 Suites & Violoncello Solo Senza Basso by Martin Zeller (Audio CD - 2009)
Rate and Discover Movies