5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Laptop/Camera Backpack!!
Published on March 2, 2011 by Jesse

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost there...
Published on March 9, 2011 by calluna13

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost there..., March 9, 2011
This review is from: DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack (Electronics)
After days of searching for the perfect bag to carry my camera equipment and computer in while being comfortable as possible and still retaining carry-on abilities while flying, I settled on this one. Actually, I had purchased a Lowepro 180AW, but it was nowhere near large enough. I also wanted something that didn't have a waste or chest strap since I am not exactly a tiny woman. I'm about a US size 18.

As I unloaded this backpack, I was impressed with it's overall quality, appearance, and size. I unzipped and rezipped all the pockets to check out the zippers. I played around with it a little, then decided it was time to see what it could hold.

I started by loading my Canon 7D body with 18-135mm lens and hood attached. So far so good. Then I added my other two lenses, a basic Canon 75-300mm lens and a Tokina very wide angle lens with reversed hood. The Canon lens fit fine after adjusting the velcro separators. The Tokina had to be squeezed in there, which makes me nervous. I proceeded anyhow with my camera chargers, lens filters, and 430 flash. The flash had to be bend at a 90 degree angle to fit or that bag would not have closed at this point. I also squeezed in a point and shoot in it's case. I ended up having to put the wires and all in the upper compartment, but other than my lens cleaning kit, they all fit behind the mesh wall in there. Lastly, I loaded my 13" Macbook into the laptop slot, zipped it all up, and put it on my back.

This backpack has ample room for strap adjusting. So, I am very pleased that it is made for people of all sizes, and in fact, I didn't even need the straps halfway down, so it had a lot of room to grow. While the computer was inside, this back was not exactly comfortable. It also had a tendency to want to sit on my butt. I don't have a "shelf" booty, but it would probably be a terrible idea to use this bag if you have one. I took my Macbook out, and tried it on again. Much better! It felt comfortable enough for what I need it for. If you are an avid hiker, you may prefer a bag with at least a chest strap, and possible a waste strap as well. Also, there is no place for my tripod, so I will have to tote that around in it's own bag, which is a bit disappointing. If your computer is larger than my 13" Macbook, you may have a hard time fitting it in this bag too, so keep that in mind.

Overall, the bag has a nice appearance and will serve it's purpose. I feared a larger bag would have not made the carry-on requirements, but I kind of wish I would have purchased one anyhow. I will be keeping this bag though since it is here already and was reasonably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Laptop/Camera Backpack!!, March 2, 2011
This review is from: DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack (Electronics)
I want a good compact camera backpack to carry my equipment and a 12.1" huge Lenovo X201 Tablet. This backpack is definitely perfect for my needs!! Originally I have a similar shape Lowepro Fastpack 250, but it is really bulky for me and I seldom want to take it out. I found this backpack which is lighter and smaller, so I want to give it a try. I'm totally right!! This backpack is smaller in size but possesses similar or even bigger capacity than the Lowepro Fastpack 250. I can input my Nikon D5000 with Nikon 12-24 lens mounted, two prime lens, a sigma 50-200 lens and a SB-600 flashlight easily in the camera compartment. I still can input plenty of personal stuff in the upper compartment. For the laptop space, it can fit my X201 Table mounted with a 8 cell huge battery. I found that the Lenovo X201 Tablet with a 8 cell thick battery is normally too big for many camera backpack declared to fit 13" or even 14" laptop because it is way too wide. In addition, the shoulder straps are thick padded and very comfortable when loaded on my shoulder. This backpack perfectly fulfills my needs, and I really think it's a very competitive product comparing to other name brand laptop/camera backpacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly everything I want in such a product, March 17, 2013
A. Kepler (St. Helens, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack (Electronics)
If it had an easy method for attaching a monopod to its exterior it would be perfect. As most people probably will, I purchased this so that I would not have to check either my laptop or my camera while flying for a vacation and I was pleased to find how much extra space I had in the bag. It easily held everything I cared about being "lost" by the TSA with very little shoving.
There is an excellent loop on the left shoulder strap placed well for a radio and this bag has served me well for short hikes away from camp.

Obligatory pocket-dump style account of what it manged to hold for me: Laptop, Laptop charger, WD Passport drive, Nikon D500 with two kit lenses, flash, extra camera battery, charger, a handful of memory cards, an assortment of other camera accessories, iCom IC-91AD, a water bottle, a decent sized paper back book, and a wind breaker. With my PS:Vita clipped to the handy plastic loop at the end of the right shoulder strap, this holds everything I need to be entertained on long flights.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice....impressed so far., March 5, 2013
This review is from: DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack (Electronics)
I bought this instead of the 89 $ Lowepro hatchback. This was under $50 and I was not sure the hatchback was big enough for my rebel t4i WITH the attached battery grip. I wanted my 18-200mm lens to always be attached to the cameraas well. I also have a 75-400mm lense and a 40mm.....plus a small external flash. All fit in the lower
camera compartment but my huge telephoto had to go in the top compartment. I like the zipper with clasps because it seems to have an added security feaature if u are in a crowded tourist spot with the bag on your back.
I also love the tablet compartment, it seems very well padded. Also great for carrying on an airplane.
I was not impressed at first sight and admit I am a little stuck on name brands....but so far I think I made a good transition from my old lowe pro trekker II. Which has held up but was very short and compact and would not hold the tablet, this new pack feels better on my back as it is a little longer and fits my torso.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Thumbs Up, April 7, 2014
This review is from: DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack (Electronics)
Compact enough with plenty of room. Holds my 15" MacBook Pro, DSLR, 2 Lens and Xoom Recorder with Lavalier Transmitter & Receiver. Very pleased with this BackPack.

5.0 out of 5 stars DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack, March 21, 2014
This review is from: DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack (Electronics)
My wife absolutely loves this case! It fits all of her camera stuff, and the camera as well! The exterior has straps for the tri-pod, and slots throughout for different lens, filters, and others camera buff stuff.

This is a great price for a quality camera backpack solution....

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, February 8, 2014
This review is from: DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack (Electronics)
Its perfect for a mid size camera two lens and some accesories it works great for my pentax 50k. Plus you hace space for other stuff like a jacket a bottle a ipod and the space for the laptop is amazing for my macbook pro 13"

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars because...., January 29, 2014
Suzanne Deneuve Hall "Suzanne" (LE CLAIRE, IA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack (Electronics)
While it holds all I need it to, the bottom section is a bit strange. The velcro inside where you can move the partitions around doesn't go all the way to the edge and there are not many ways to put them, the really strange part is the wasted space where it opens the left of the picture shown, when you unzip it things put in the section nearest to the opening (left side of picture bottom) fall out. Its goofy. It works for what I needed it to and the price was right as these things are priced crazy no matter where you look! I paid forty for this one. Its padded well and the backpack part is comfy.

3.0 out of 5 stars fits my needs, January 21, 2014
This review is from: DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack (Electronics)
If you have lots of camera stuff this is not for you, but for hobbies it's great,has room for all you need to take pictures.

1.0 out of 5 stars Small and unflexable, January 17, 2014
M. Lafleur (Bourne, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DSLR Camera / Notebook Backpack (Electronics)
I was extremely disappointed in this bag. I carry a lot of eclectic devices from DSLRs to Tablets and thought this would solve my need for multiple bags. I was wrong.

The inserts may be Velcro but they only work in a single configuration. The side panels are extremely small the it isn't able to old my Canon with a barratry grip attachment. I've returned this item and since purchased a Portare PBP2 which is in one word - amazing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›