Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 29, 2012
Maybe I got lucky but I purchased this about 6 or 7 years ago and think it was a great deal. The only minor issues I have are that the feet push into the ground from the weight of the water in the pool. I like this size because it is economical for the initial purchase plus the pool maintenance casts are low. If you go much bigger the price of both go's up quite a bit. My pump lasted about 4 years but it was running most of the summer. I am going to a 150 dollar sand filter now to eliminate the need to buy the replacement filters. I have had no issues with leaks, etc. If I were to make any suggestions it would be upgrading the filter and possibly the ladder. I know its more money but without the maintenance costs this pool is only costing me a little over 100 dollars per year on average with my upgrades, and we use it often, almost daily at times.
we installed it on a sand base and added 1/2" building foam (seams taped together) and the bottom is very comfortable.
Also, I read more of the other reviews, I agree with Lee. I never empty this completely in the winter, I leave 18 inches or so of water and I'm in Wisconsin . No more time setting it up and taking it down.
Also, when I did change to a different pump, I removed my old pump, drilled out the bottom of my skimmer and attached the new intex hose on the bottom of the skimmer. I do take the pump inside in the winter after I drain it.
on March 3, 2009
Don't be fooled by this pool. It looks like an Intex pool; however, this pool made by GenFoam is junk. We had an Intex pool for 5 yrs and never had a problem until it developed too many leaks to fix. So we bought a new one. We set up the pool (easy to do), and discovered 10 leaks all near the top half of the pool. We drained the pool and took the liner back. One month later the hose cracked. (We only had to replace the Intex hoses twice in 5 yrs.) Two months after buying the pool the pump broke. Got a new pump from Genfoam and one week later it wouldn't work. This was in September and I was told to call back in March because they don't manufacture pool products from September thru March. (This wouldn't be so bad if we didn't live in the south where the swimming season goes through November.) It is now March 3rd and after ordering another pump Genfoam tells me that I can expect the pump anytime from March through August! This particular pump is attached to the pool wall and in-wall skimmer so you cannot use any other pump. Long story short-don't waste your money. BUY AN INTEX POOL.
on May 23, 2011
I bought this pool at a garage sale, never opened. So I got a GREAT deal on it. But there was a pin hole that needed patched. Thankfully I noticed the hole as soon as it appeared and was able to patch it pretty easily with the included patch kit. We used the pool all last year and the only problem would be that the paint comes off the poles. Every time you touch a pole (including the ladder) you'll have white powder on your hands. I'm not sure if this is also true for the Intex pools. This year I filled the pool, it sat out all winter and we had a bad one this year where it froze a few times and snowed a few times (I'm in NC where snow is rare). I filled the pool and went to turn on the pump and the pump is dead. I can probably blame myself for leaving it out in the elements. So I don't blame the manufacturer for this snafu. What I CAN tell you however, is that finding a replacement pump when you need it right away is quite challenging. They sell a fitting ($19.99) that you can swap out the pump part on the skimmer, then attach a hose and use whatever filter you want, so I'm going to go that route with a sand filtration system (or possibly a salt water and filtration system). I'm just frustrated that it isn't as simple as running up to whatever local store and buying a pump off the shelf -- all because the little "through the wall skimmer" which I thought was really cool at the time. Heck, I still think it's pretty cool, and it will still be there, along with my filter basket so maybe it's not such a waste after all. I can get double filtration :) (Trying to look on the bright side).
on June 1, 2011
I ve had this pool since july of 08 and have had to replace the impeller 2 times already. The first replacement occurred in June of 09, the second in May of 2011. May 3rd I placed my replacement order on the internet where their website showed it IN STOCK only to find out 2 weeks later (after I called them to find out where it was) that it was on Back Order and I should have it in another 2 weeks.. 2 weeks later they are saying they dont know when its going to be in but of course they took my money the first day!

Except for the impeller Ive had very few problems with the pool but the lack of customer service is what upsets me the most.. they finally told me that they had a 6 mon guarntee on all parts and if I had called in Sept when I took the pool down I could have had the impeller free!! Now they tell me this after Im ordering my 2 impeller in less then 2 yrs!!!
save your money and get a pool that doesnt have an in wall pump/filter.. it will be much easier to find replacement parts if you ever need them
on July 20, 2008
I PURCHASED THE 18FT BY 48INCH METAL FRAME POOL FROM WALMART APPROXIMATELY 1 MONTH AGO THE POOL HAD 3 PINHOLE AREAS WHEN I REMOVED IT FROM THE BOX I COULD NOT SEE THIS UNTIL I BEGAN TO FILL IT WITH WATER AT THIS POINT I HAD ABOUT $60.00 DOLLARS WORTH OF WATER IN THE POOL. I DECIDED TO PATCH THOSE PLACES AND PROCEDED WITH FILLING IT. THE PUMP WENT OUT 6 DAYS AGO. I WOUND UP BUYING A HEYWARD PUMP AMND SAND FILTER FOR THIS POOL. THE LADDER ALSO WAS NOT TALL ENOUGH FOR THE POOL. AT PRESENT I HAVE SPENT AN ADDITIONAL 600.00 ON MY ORIGINAL AMOUNT OF 399.00 FROM WALMART I HAVE ABOUT 1000.00 IN THIS POOL. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND NOR WOULD I EVER CONSIDER BUYING IT AGAIN.
on June 28, 2012
We bought the pool on 5/24/2012. This is our 5th year with these types of pools. This is our 1st Summer Escape pool. The others were Intex (never a problem!!). I was hesitant to buy a different brand. It was the size I wanted and available when I needed it. The pool is leaking today (6/28/2012) fast throught the edges of where the drainage whole is. This is not due to any roughness it is clearly a manufacturing problem. I have contacted the company but they are closed. I am awaiting to see what they are going to do for us. I am SO upset!!! DO NOT BUY THIS POOL!!!!!
on July 9, 2012
The pool is great fun for the family, perfect size for family of 4. I have had a few issues with small leaks after winter storage, may be my own fault. The leg caps are useless they break under the weight of the water and the cost to replace them tripled from last year. Today I called to replace the rotor assembly and was on hold for 56 minutes. They say they have it in stock, but they also said that they had the leg caps in stock when I ordered those. The leg caps took 3 months before I got them.
on August 14, 2012
We purchased this pool 2 months ago. Our pump stopped working 3 weeks ago. We were told a new pump would arrive in 7-10 days. 2 weeks later we called again and we were told it would be another week. We then called again and were told they do not have any more pumps and that it would be at least another 30 days or we could accept a smaller pump. The 1500 pump was already barely adequate for maintaining the pool. When I asked why they would not replace it with a more comparable product I was told that it is not warranted for that. So my choices are to wait another 30 days or accept an inadequate pump. Please avoid this company - I have never experienced such horrible customer support!!
on April 27, 2016
This is my 3'rd year with the pool. I had to rig the sand filter to work with this pool because the pump they give you is garbage. I would just sell the original pump on eBay if you haven't used it yet and an upgrade to a better filter. Other than that the pool has been great! I even left the cover off this winter after it ripped and it lasted through a couple snow storms and its still working great. Can't beat it for the price. Just plan on having a few hours of work on the filter but its worth it if you ask me.
on June 25, 2014
Bought this pool last year. We bought the 18 foot pool. Worked GREAT for one year. Now it is leaking about 5 inches a day and we cannot locate the leak. Thinking it is around the seams. Stay clear. DO NOT BUY SUMMER ESCAPE!! INtex all the way!