Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on February 6, 2011
I wish I would have realized this was made out of polyurethane foam before adding it to my registry. It would have saved me from having to return it.
on August 5, 2011
The changing pad tore at a seam within the first couple of days having it. I figured that it was a fluke and that it would probably be fine despite the tear, but then it started to tear ALL over the changing pad (not at the point that was already torn mind you, all over the pad on opposite sides and in new places). We had our prior changing pad by a different manufacturer for *3 years* before we decided to replace it. It's been about 2.5 months with this changing pad and it's completely ripped to shreds and unusable - it looks like a cat has been sneaking into the kids room and using it as a scratching post! We're very unhappy with the product and we probably won't order a Summer Infant item again.
on July 26, 2012
Just like other reviews have stated this product is NOT waterproof. There are tiny holes where they stamp some design in the material. One baby poop or pee and you have yourself a soiled changing pad that is impossible to clean. The liquid will seep into the holes and there is no way to remove the cover and clean. It will just rot over time and you will have one filthy changing pad for your child.
on January 12, 2012
The surface of the changing pad tore at multiple places just after a few use . We had to replace it. It is very bad quality.
on July 14, 2011
This changing pad is horrible! I had it less than two weeks and it is completely torn up and it hasn't been used for anything other than changing our baby. I wish I had kept my old changing pad because there was nothing essentially wrong with it other than it being a couple years old. I wanted a fresh one for our new baby. The covering on this is so thin that it tears at the slightest pull. So disappointed. What a waste of money!
on December 28, 2010
Product specifications say that it is made from PEVA, which is supposed to be safer than vinyl. However, specs do not say that the filling is 93% polyurethane foam. The whole reason I ordered this one was to get away from polyurethane foam, so I will be returning it. Stick with the Munchkin brand or whatever you can find at Target, which is only 67% polyurethane foam,(or organic if you can afford it I guess). Also, the sides on the Summer Infant brand are not very deep. The Munchkin brand has higher sides, which may help prevent baby from rolling. Only advantage of Summer Infant is that the entire bottom of the pad is covered with non-slip material, as opposed to only a few strips of non-slip material. But the Munchkin one does provide some nails as well which you can hammer into a dresser or whatever you are going to put this on.
11 comment|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2012
This is one of those first time parent purchasing mistakes. Now that I have a child, I recognize this item is a bad idea! It is quilted - meaning it has tiny little holes punched in the outer plastic cover in the shape of adorable animals. Cute - but not practical. It can only be used with an additional cover, or it will be IMPOSSIBLE TO CLEAN. And something that is impossible to clean is a really bad idea for a pad where you change poopy diapers! Within a couple weeks of 10+ diaper changes per day, we had run out of clean changing pad covers (obviously). This thing was immediately stained when when it needed to be used without a cover, and no amount of scrubbing can get rid of the stain. While cleaning, some "material" got into those tiny little holes and I can not get it out.
Anyhow, long story for a short recommendation: DO NOT BUY! Get a changing pad that can be used without a cover if needed, and can be wiped clean easily.
on October 21, 2013
Couldn't even stand up to a newborn. If you want a good changing pad, check out the ECR4Kids changing pad
on June 22, 2014
I called the company and they are making me jump through hoops and loops to get this replaced. It is sitting lose in my dresser because the strap to attach it to the furniture is missing!
on February 28, 2012
Well, it is not. this is the second pad we bought (i dont know which one was the first one) for second diaper table. this one leaves stains (accidental spills from runny poop) on the cracks (i mean those embossed pattern on it) and i cant get it out even if it was cleaned right after the accident. is it waterproof? i really dont think so.