5.0 out of 5 stars The only chair you'll ever need
After using fancy high chairs, and even fancier space saver high chairs, seats like this are EXACTLY what a busy mom needs. Here's the deal:

- Most babies are extremely messy, so the less fabric on a baby feeding seat, the better.
Published on January 27, 2011 by Katherine R. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done
Published on January 25, 2009 by DJ's Mama

5.0 out of 5 stars The only chair you'll ever need, January 27, 2011

- This chair is the PERFECT size. Most other space saver high chairs are too bulky, and cannot be pushed under the dining room table like this one can.
- This chair can be used anywhere, which most other space saver chairs cannot. It's lightweight, compact and easy to set up.
- Here's the deal with the tray - you have to jiggle back and forth to take it on and off -IT'S NOT DIFFICULT. I've had two other space saver seats, where my children could take the tray off on their own, this one they can't which is a BIG plus in my book.

I use this seat as an everyday seat for my 12 month old. It's exactly what I needed, because I don't have time to be cleaning food mess off fabric, or taking fabric off to wash it 3 times a week. It's comfortable, it's the perfect height, and it doesn't have bells and whistles that you don't end up needing anyway. LOVE THIS CHAIR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, compact and priced nicely!, June 26, 2012
RoxyS (Fargo, ND United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Booster, Tan (Baby Product)
This portable highchair/booster is the best purchase I have made, I keep it in the trunk of my car so I always have it! I use it at friends houses, grandparents and even out to eat when they don't have the good highchairs. It works great, was super cheap and very compact.

Don't listen to all the reviews (especially the ones that are 5+ years old - designs change) about the back cushion falling off (it doesn't) and the tray not attaching for transporting it. While the tray doesn't snap on when carrying it all you do is put one of the straps that are used to fasten it to a chair around the tray tightly and it holds it in place.

FYI - according to the box it is good for a child up to 50 lbs (it doesn't seem to mention it in the description here).

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for daily use, but great for Grandma's!, February 1, 2013
This review is from: Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Booster, Tan (Baby Product)
We toss this little seat in the car anytime we are going to eat at someone's home. It is adjustable and will fit ANY chair, and it is very easy to clean.
But it is not sturdy enough for daily use. It doesn't have enough support for a baby learning to sit up and eat, and it isn't strong enough for a toddler who might be able to lean over enough and tip a chair.
We're 100% happy to have this one for the way it is compact for travel and only occasional need for use. Excellent travel chair for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super handy, February 26, 2012
This review is from: Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Booster, Tan (Baby Product)
While the cushion is very thin and only held on by three small loops at the top this product still gets 5 stars! It's so compact when folded up. Super handy. I put mine in a small bag and just keep it in the car so we have a high chair whenever we need it. This price was great for this product! My daughter weighs 25lbs and it works for her. At first the chair seemed like it would be so small for her but she fit just fine with tray on as well. She is 18 months. I'd recommend this item to anyone looking for a handy travel high chair at a great price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, January 25, 2009
This review is from: Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Booster, Tan (Baby Product)
I've been looking for a booster seat that was BPA, Phthalate, and PVC/Vinyl free. Most manufactures I contacted wouldn't tell me what the products were made of specifically. I called Summer Infant Inc. and the first person I talked to was able to tell me the seat was made of #5 plastic (polypropelene) and the seat cover is cotton. Now no one sells this chair in stores so you have to purchase online. I wish I could have checked it out first. The tray is really difficult to put on and off. I usually just pull it up to the table instead. IPt does has a harness which is great and it straps around the back and bottom of the dining chair which is nice. A lot of nooks for food to get into though because it folds up for travel. I wish the cover was nylon instead of cotton, it requires a lot of washing. Really the only reason I bought it was because it's BPA and PVC-free. If you don't care about those two things I'd go with something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Age/Size Not Mentioned, May 29, 2008
We just ordered this and received it and it will be going back. Amazon doens't say the recommended age/size for this seat. We opened the box and it says this is recommended for 6 months to 33 pounds. My daughter is 34 pounds so we can't use this.

The pad included in only attached to the seat at the top, not in the seam by the childs butt or at the bottom of the seat. There are holes in the padding for the straps to hold the kid in, but no other way of keeping the padding on the bottom of the seat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, just missing one thing., November 9, 2013
This is an excellent product, especially for travel. It fits with no problem in a carry-on bag and you can easily toss it in the trunk when visiting friends.

You can remove the tray, so that the kid reaches the dinner table. This is a huge advantage as the child grows up. The reason I'm knocking 1 star is because it doesn't have any padding. Although not having padding greatly facilitates clean up (and believe me, this thing *will* get dirty), the baby could use a little padding in both bottom and back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again, Love this Booster., April 6, 2008
We bought two of these for our twin grand daughters and we are very happy with them. They are much nicer than having large high chairs taking up space. The girls sit comfortably in them and they are able to sit at the table with the BIG people which they seem to enjoy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not well made, May 21, 2008
I just got this booster seat about 20 minutes ago.
I was very disappointed to see that the only way to attach the cushion is with 3 hook loops on the top of the cushion. These elastic loops are on a thin strip of fabric. It does not lay nicely at all on the seat.

The tray was also a VERY snug fit. The release latches are very tight, and don't slide into the tray slots easily at all.

Over all, it's a cute seat. But it could have been made a lot nicer by the manufacturer taking a bit more fabric to cover the back of the seat, as well as a clip or something to hold the pad against the back.

2.0 out of 5 stars unintentional downgrade, January 27, 2011
This review is from: Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Booster, Tan (Baby Product)
I have a Fisher Price Healthy Booster but needed something more "compact" for my upcoming trip to Asia. I learned that hard way of what I liked was considered GINORMOUS abroad and would be cumbersome at most.

I picked this and the Munchkin Booster as my travel booster. I wanted to have the same level of comfort as my FP as my son has been using it for almost a year an half and will sit in it during meals out (It's really nice to keep the FP in the trunk of my car so we can eat out anywhere w/o the fear of dirty boosters or none at all). I want something that's lightweight, durable and compact (which my FP is NOT).

Munchkin came first - kinda dig it but the harness/seat was a bit tight for my 2 year old (he's in the 10% so if you have a average size child, that's not for you). It's super light and compact. There's a storage compartment for all feeding essentials and a couple of diapers. All very self contained.

The next day the summer infant came. In a LARGE box. Ugh! Opened it up and hoping it'd be compact, disappointment to find it's not. At least it's thin, and it is lightweight, but not really compact. The thing is poorly made. I felt like at each snap open of the arms or the legs it would cause the thing to break or just snap off. Once it's put together, it's sturdy but not pretty. The cover on the back rest seems pointless - you have to secure it over the top, well what about the bottom. I can just see that backrest cover shimmy off as my antsy child fidgets in his seat. It's definitely NOT aesthetically pleasing, I don't know what to do with the tray if we were to travel with it. It doesn't snap onto the seat when the seat is in the closed position. And the lack of a cover over the tray just seems dirty. The seat seemed narrow - which would be fine since my son is petite, but the depth of the seat and where the tray landed wouldn't have been comfortable b/c he's short. The one thing that was nice about this is that the harness had 2 adjustments on the base of the seat. So I could see this being something to grow your child in - but if your child is a chunker, tight squeeze. I wouldn't want to be seen in public with this - the picture looks FABULOUS but it's garish in real life.

THIS SEAT WOULD BE IDEAL FOR YOU IF:
You needed a seat for visitors or grandkids that come by once in a while
Tall/Skinny kiddo
You don't care about aesthetics

If this is your FIRST travel booster, I'm sure you'll love it but if you've had the FP Healthy Booster, it's hard to downgrade! Worst thing is - this COST MORE than my FP (I got it at Walmart).

Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Booster, Tan