Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on October 15, 2012
I wish more people that have leather seats would take this product off their seat and then write a review. They would find that the glue has melted into the leater seat. I was able to get the glue off the seat but in the process I have rubbed the leather raw. There is now permanent discoloration in the seats. Avoid this product and any similar product that has exposed glue on the back. I should have realized the glue would melt but Amazon needs to stop selling this product as well.
1414 comments|326 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2014
Don't buy if you have Britax carseats. Britax voids their warranty in the event of a crash if you use this and other after-market protectors with their carseats. Even though my carseats were installed correctly with this protector, the carseat inspectors who checked my car yesterday highly suggest I remove them.
66 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2011
I recently purchased a new car and I was noticing that the seat in my old car was not wearing very well with the infant seat rubbing against my cloth upholstery every day. So, on a whim I went to a baby chain store near our home and looked at the ridiculous contraptions out there on the market for seat protectors. The prices were a little high so I returned home to visit my good old friend, Amazon.com. Sure enough, I found this product. Here is why I like it:

1. Easy to use, easy to install
2. Rubberized backing, does not put little piles all over the seat as
opposed to their cloth counterparts.
3. The price is great for the value you are receiving
4. The material is durable, washable, and covers many different seats very
well
5. Easy to install? A complete no brainer.
6. No bulky, but it gets the job done.
7. Does not obstruct LATCH system holes
8. Did I mention it was easy to install? :)
33 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2010
We have a Britax car seat on our leather car seats for some time and even though we put a towel below the seat, it was getting impressions of the car set. So after seeing the potential damage that would be done to the car seats, we decided to buy this. This is a great product at a good price. It is easy to install. Just open the Duomat and slide it where you want it. It has a tab on the back to slide between the seat so it stays in place and then the care seat can be installed on top. We are very happy with this and recommend this to everybody who has leather seats in their cars and wants to protect them from damage from Child car seats..
22 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2013
They don't show a picture of the back of this product but it is a sticky material that will melt to your car seats inthe heat. I returned this as I've had that type of backing ruin other things so I knew what would happen. Going with the Britax version instead. Liked this better intiially b/c it covers the seat back as well, but not worth ruining the leather.
on August 30, 2011
This is an amazing product. I bought this for my new odyssey and my daughters booster seat sits well within the mat. The mat completely covers the seat from top, just below the head-rest, to bottom. The mat has perfect pre-cut spaces to accommodate buckles. Very EASY to install.

The only thing I dont like are those pouches at the bottom of the mat. Basically its of no use. You cant store/keep anything bulky or sharp in there, since the child may get bruise on their legs. Adding to that are discomfort for the children to rest their legs over those items. These pouches may be used for infants or for bigger kids to keep some crayons etc.

Overall, the product is just amazing. I would very highly recommend this to anyone !! Remember this is the cheapest price I could find in net (unless you have some specific deals and coupons).

Amazon Rocks !! :)
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 25, 2015
We have two and both have melted into our leather seats. Wish these reviews had been there when I did my research before buying. We live in FL so they do get pretty hot, but that's no excuse.

Beyond the melting issue, we find that they don't really protect the seat that well anyway. They definitely keep the carseat from making indentations (we have pretty heavy Britax ones) but they don't cover the seat entirely. Anything that does land on the seat eventually migrates underneath since the weight of the carseat and child make the seat slope down. I find a lot of crumbs and sand.

I'll probably replace with the kind that completely wrap the seat, including the sides. They're uglier but I think offer a lot better protection. And hopefully I can eventually get this melted pad residue of the seat eventually....
on July 29, 2012
Bought this to save the leather on my brand new 2013 Mazda CX-5 but was very surprised at how much further from the description this DuoMat was. For starters the thing does not stay up on the seat, the top edge where the crease is always falls down. The supposed "grip" does not grip to the leather surface at all and slips even with the car seat on it which is very very dangerous. Then the other day when the temperatures hit the upper 90's, I tried taking the seat out and parts of it melted into the leather!! I have a thick towel there instead. Sve yourselves the headaches and don't buy this product.
55 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2011
It's good but not thick enough. It left dents on the seat of my car once my son sat in the car seat. I had to put a small blanket underneath the mat to lessen the pressure the car seat puts on the seat bcoz the mat wasn't enough protection for the seat.
on December 11, 2013
I bought this seat mat three years ago for my car which has leather seats. I was afraid that the infant seat would damage the leather. It has kept my seats free from damage, and also helps to keep them clean from crumbs, sand or whatever comes out of the child seat. My daughter is now three and I would never put her safety seat into my car without this protective mat. I have not had any trouble with it sticking or leaving any residue or marks on my seats. I had a police officer help me install our upright car seat when it was rear-facing. She said that although she could not recommend the use of the mat, the decision was up to me. She said that the concern that some people have with protective mats is that the child seat was not tested with the mat installed. I feel that the child safety seat is even more secure with the mat because my leather seats are so slick and they don't have much give.