5.0 out of 5 stars Save my seat from myself
Published on June 8, 2011 by NL_Mommy

1.0 out of 5 stars Glue Melts into Leather
Published 21 months ago by Jason

1.0 out of 5 stars Glue Melts into Leather, October 15, 2012
This review is from: Summer Infant Elite DuoMat for Car Seat, Black (Baby Product)
I wish more people that have leather seats would take this product off their seat and then write a review. They would find that the glue has melted into the leater seat. I was able to get the glue off the seat but in the process I have rubbed the leather raw. There is now permanent discoloration in the seats. Avoid this product and any similar product that has exposed glue on the back. I should have realized the glue would melt but Amazon needs to stop selling this product as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save my seat from myself, June 8, 2011
NL_Mommy (Chicago South Suburbs) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased a new car and I was noticing that the seat in my old car was not wearing very well with the infant seat rubbing against my cloth upholstery every day. So, on a whim I went to a baby chain store near our home and looked at the ridiculous contraptions out there on the market for seat protectors. The prices were a little high so I returned home to visit my good old friend, Amazon.com. Sure enough, I found this product. Here is why I like it:

1. Easy to use, easy to install
2. Rubberized backing, does not put little piles all over the seat as
opposed to their cloth counterparts.
3. The price is great for the value you are receiving
4. The material is durable, washable, and covers many different seats very
well
5. Easy to install? A complete no brainer.
6. No bulky, but it gets the job done.
7. Does not obstruct LATCH system holes
8. Did I mention it was easy to install? :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product to save your leather car seats, December 7, 2010
We have a Britax car seat on our leather car seats for some time and even though we put a towel below the seat, it was getting impressions of the car set. So after seeing the potential damage that would be done to the car seats, we decided to buy this. This is a great product at a good price. It is easy to install. Just open the Duomat and slide it where you want it. It has a tab on the back to slide between the seat so it stays in place and then the care seat can be installed on top. We are very happy with this and recommend this to everybody who has leather seats in their cars and wants to protect them from damage from Child car seats..

1.0 out of 5 stars Total disappointment, July 29, 2012
Bought this to save the leather on my brand new 2013 Mazda CX-5 but was very surprised at how much further from the description this DuoMat was. For starters the thing does not stay up on the seat, the top edge where the crease is always falls down. The supposed "grip" does not grip to the leather surface at all and slips even with the car seat on it which is very very dangerous. Then the other day when the temperatures hit the upper 90's, I tried taking the seat out and parts of it melted into the leather!! I have a thick towel there instead. Sve yourselves the headaches and don't buy this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mat for Car seat, July 13, 2011
It's good but not thick enough. It left dents on the seat of my car once my son sat in the car seat. I had to put a small blanket underneath the mat to lessen the pressure the car seat puts on the seat bcoz the mat wasn't enough protection for the seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice one., January 7, 2011
Worked great in my Audi A4 Quattro and now in VW Tiguan-tried on center back seat and behind regular seats. I love how it folds for infant car seat and than can be used for a bigger one. Well made and sturdy, great protection for leather seats.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great seat mat, November 16, 2011
Bought this to protect my car's seat from the kids car seat but also so I could better secure my kids car seat from sliding around on the seat. The mat is stiff but flexiable enough to mold around my 09 Subaru Forester's back seat. The small mesh pockets are nice but are a bit difficult to get to if a tall person has the front seat pushed so it is almost against back of a car seat (rear facing). It was more useful when I had the car seat in the forward facing position.

Since I still have my 19 month old's car seat in the rear facing position I really wish there was a way to use the entire mat to protect the seat back from her shoes. The top part of the mat has to be folded down when the car seat is a rear facing position or it will fall down towards the kid and having it folded down exposes the fabric to dirty shoes. If it came with a strap to keep it up I would give this product 5 stars in an instant.

1.0 out of 5 stars sticky back that will goo, August 26, 2013
They don't show a picture of the back of this product but it is a sticky material that will melt to your car seats inthe heat. I returned this as I've had that type of backing ruin other things so I knew what would happen. Going with the Britax version instead. Liked this better intiially b/c it covers the seat back as well, but not worth ruining the leather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protect your leather seats!, December 11, 2013
I bought this seat mat three years ago for my car which has leather seats. I was afraid that the infant seat would damage the leather. It has kept my seats free from damage, and also helps to keep them clean from crumbs, sand or whatever comes out of the child seat. My daughter is now three and I would never put her safety seat into my car without this protective mat. I have not had any trouble with it sticking or leaving any residue or marks on my seats. I had a police officer help me install our upright car seat when it was rear-facing. She said that although she could not recommend the use of the mat, the decision was up to me. She said that the concern that some people have with protective mats is that the child seat was not tested with the mat installed. I feel that the child safety seat is even more secure with the mat because my leather seats are so slick and they don't have much give.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, November 29, 2011
Purchased this item to protect the leather seats on my car from spilled juices and also avoiding cracks from the weight of the car seat, was hesitant because of the heat in miami, was concerned about the bottom surface sticking to the leather but so far have not had any problems at all, also it does a great job at preventing the car seat from slipping and keeps it very tight in place. would recommend to anyone,

Summer Infant Elite DuoMat for Car Seat, Black