Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Summer Infant Multi-Use Extra Tall Walk-Thru Gate,...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 56% off the $64.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Summer Infant Multi-Use Extra Tall Walk-Thru Gate, White
- Made in USA
- Pressure mounted installation doesn't mar walls; optional hardware mounted (hardware included), for added security
- Accommodates openings 28 - 47.5 wide; stands tall at36
- Auto-close door gently shuts behind you
- Comfort grip handle with dual locking operation; can be opened and closed with one hand
- Versatile provides a secure barrier for pets
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Multi-Use Extra Tall Walk-Thru Gate
Protect baby without sacrificing style. The Multi-Use Extra Tall Walk-Thru Gate is made from quality metal and steel. This sleek, walk-thru gate is adjustable to accommodate openings in virtually any hallway, door frame, or staircase in the home.
Pressure or Hardware Mounted with Option for Use Between Rooms or at Top of Stairs
The gate is easy to position between doorways using the pressure mounted tension bolts. The included mounts require no drilling or additional tools and won't leave marks or scratches on your walls. Optional hardware is included for a more secure installation. When mounted with hardware and included door stopper, this gate is perfect for use at the top or bottom of stairs.
Extra Tall Gate Includes Extensions for an Adjustable Fit
At 36 inches tall, this gate is perfect for use with toddlers and small pets. It is adjustable to fit openings from 28" to 47.5" wide with the included extensions: one 5" extension and one 10" extension. The extensions allow you to create a custom and secure fit for virtually any size hallway or door opening.
One-Handed Use and Automatic Close
When used between rooms, the gate door opens in either direction and can be operated with just one hand. When used in a stairway, the included door stop allows for added security by preventing the door from swinging over the stairs. For convenience and safety, the door closes and locks automatically behind you. The dual locking system provides peace of mind knowing your gate is securely locked every time.
At a Glance:
- Available in white or antique bronze
- Pressure mounted installation for use between rooms is simple to install and won't mar walls; no tools required
- Hardware mount included for added security when installing on stairways; tools required
- Door stop is included for use in stairways
- 36” tall gate fits openings 28" – 47.5” wide; 2 extensions included for a custom fit (one 5" and one 10")
- Auto-close door swings open in both directions
- Dual locking for a secure shut every time
- Comfort grip handle; gate can be opened and closed with one hand
- Durable metal with polished white finish blends with any dècor
- Recommended for children ages 6-24M
- Versatile gate provides a secure barrier for pets
Summer Infant Gates:
Summer Infant premium gates provide innovative solutions to help create a safe environment in your home for babies and pets. Our gates are tested to the highest standards and are JPMA certified. Each gate has been designed with integrity and ingenuity to provide a gate that is both easy to use and simple to install. Whether you need a gate for use between rooms, top of stairs, wide openings, or a free standing playard, Summer Infant's range of safety gates provides a solution for every need.
Compare Summer Infant Gates
Multi-Use Extra Tall Walk-Thru Gate, White
Step to Secure Wood Walk-Thru Gate
Multi-Use Deco Extra Tall Walk-Thru Gate, Bronze
Decorative Wood & Metal 5-Foot Pressure Mounted Gate
Slide & Lock Top of Stairs Metal Gate, White
Use at Top of Stairs
Use Between Rooms
Use Between Large Openings
Additional Color Options
Top Customer Reviews
I think they are all pretty good gates, it just depends on your situation and what features you're looking for. The key features that ended up making a difference to me were 1) the width of the gate opening and 2) the latch mechanism
Summer Infant - Sure & Secure Extra Tall Gate
cost $60 & extensions included / gate is 36" Tall / fits 28"-48" doorway width / 2" bar to step over / gate opening 19"
- This is the one that I wanted to like because I thought it was the best deal.
- The gate opening is about 19" - which I thought was ok, but hubby wanted wider.
- The latch mechanism is really easy to operate and I thought kids could figure it out easily, but because the gate is so tall, they would probably have a hard time reaching it.
- It does come with its own extensions in 5" and 10" so it more easily fits the wider doorways.
- However, depending on the width of your doorway, this one may or may not fit as well. For example, I had a lot of doorways that are about 33" and this gate didn't end up fitting well in them because the gate without any extensions was too small and the posts had to be extended so far it didn't seem stable. And the 5" extension was too big to add. (vs. the kidco gate's extensions add 2.75" as needed).
- It's by far the tallest and I liked that since my daughter has been in the 95% so far. I also just like the way the taller gate looks.
- It does have the highest bar across the bottom to step over - 2".Read more ›
Extra Tall Gate:
1) Comes with extensions (built into price). Don't be fooled by any of these products - you will ALWAYS need at least one extension.
2) Self-closing, BUT it is very easy to get the gate out of alignment. When this happens, it won't always self-close in one direction.
3) Although latch is very simple, it DOES require one hand to open it. Picture yourself carrying a 20 lb child in one arm, and a jug of formula in the opther, and consider how you will open the gate.
4) Because these gates use compression (instead of drilling into walls) they have a bar across the bottom. The bar on this gate is thicker, and more of a tripping hazard. Hands-free has a ramp.
5) The gate misaligns EASILY, even when securely pressed between walls or door openings. This is because when it swings shut, it usually slams. Enough of this and it always knocks the assembly out of alignment. By 'alignment' I mean all four pads that contact the wall must be in a perfect plane. Misalignment means one of the pads (usually the top ones) slipped.
6) When the gate slams shut, it makes noise. Therefore, you always need to close it gently -- or worse, sometimes leave it 'closed, but not latched' -- so as to not wake sleeping babies. The danger in this is that other people may think the gate is latched and safe. Mom might have left it unlatched to not wake the baby; dad later thinks it's closed and locked because it's self-closing... Not good.
7) Yeah, it's tall... Extra-tall even...Read more ›
Good news for parents of curious toddlers. The way to open it is a button on the top of the gate (since this is an extra tall gate you'd have to be the parent of a future nba player to get to it). Even if you have a super tall todler, you have to push the button over and lift the swing gate to open it... it is very easy for "most" adults, however visitors will have problems with it!!!
Also if you need extensions for a gate, you need to check the price of extensions... I needed both extensions and by the time I added them onto other gates I would have paid $80.00 or more. That is the reason I chose this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We've had this gate for eight years, in five different houses, blocking both dogs and a baby and it's still going strong. Read morePublished 16 hours ago by JCH
Very tall for me (6'4"). I bought this so we didn't need to step over anything, I wanted to be able to walk through it. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Abes
We really like this product, and even though you can use it for children, we are using it to keep our puppy from going upstairs and chewing up things in our kids rooms. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Dianne
I like this gate a lot. It's wider than most -- my hallway is 46" wide. At that width, I used both extension pieces and it is very sturdy. Read morePublished 12 days ago by annielou
I have purchased 5 of these to date to keep dogs and kids out of rooms we don't want them in. They work very well and are very sturdy. I would highly recommend!Published 26 days ago by Sandra Freeman
Keeps the dogs and cat out! Excellent quality and the packing is great - no damage.Published 28 days ago by Allan Akeson
This gate was tricky to install. We couldn't get the door to swing closed. Also we have to tighten the nuts as the become loose with use. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Marla 1