Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk
|Price:||$20.41 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$5.59 (22%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Kills Mosquito larvae before they're old enough to bite
- Organic Lasts up to 30 days
- Each Dunk covers 100 square feet of surface area
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 20 pack
Top Customer Reviews
This product works. It works so well, I don't recommend anything else, except the granules for killing larvae already hatched out. But it comes with some rules, so pay attention, or you'll be disappointed!
1. Be early! These do NOT kill the adults or existing larvae. If you've already got larvae, you need to apply Mosquito Bits to kill them. Larvae start growing early, and I live in Raleigh, NC. I start using the dunks in April. With just me doing it, I'd wipe out all the mosquitoes in the neighborhood until late August.
2. Be generous! I'd toss six or seven dunkers in a 1-acre pond. The good news is that they fly really well when thrown, so you can dose a 1-acre pond from a single vantage point.
3. Be imaginative! Don't neglect to dose swampy or wet ground, ESPECIALLY grass. If you've got a wet spot in your lawn, break off a chunk, crumble it into powder, then scatter the powder over the wet spot. Don't forget rain barrels, flower pots, fish ponds, storm drains, drainage ditches, impoundments and even rain gutters. If it's wet, dose it.
4. Be involved! Get your neighbors in on the act. Go around the neighborhood and ask people to purchase their own and dose their areas. Or group together and purchase in bulk, then go wild. These things are safe enough to eat like a donut, so don't be nervous about using them.
Remember, if you're getting a late start, and you've already got larvae, then use the Mosquito Bits first to kill them off, then apply the dunkers 48 hours after to innoculate for the rest of the season.
But recently I had the opportunity to help a nearby community center with a Mosquito infestation. They had several outdoor pots filled with water and water lilies, and many of the pots were filled with hundreds of larvae. I then took a single Mosquito Dunk and crushed it into bits, and then distributed the bits into i think 6 or 7 pots. 24 hours later i received a new 20 pack of dunks, and went to the center to put the recommended dosage into each pot. before i put in the new dunks, i saw that the bits had killed at least 90% of the larvae in the pots overnight.
So i think this product is really effective, and as a bonus you are really getting 2 products in one. First you get the long term control of the intact dunk, and then you can get the quick kill of the "Mosquito Bits" product by crushing the dunk.
the 20 pack comes as a really large blister pack, its a little ungainly, but it keeps the dunks in one piece brfore you use them. the cost is much better than retail as its almost like getting 6-7 dunks for free at the cost of $22 for 20 vs ~$10 for 6 at HD/Lowes.
Starting in April/May, once every month, I take a walk and drop one of these into each creek and we are mosquito free all summer.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We have some of the worst mosquitos around. You can't go outside that you aren't eaten alive by them. Read morePublished 3 days ago by joana burns
These things really work. Saw larvae in bird bath and put a dunk in. They were all dead in a couple of days and they last a good while.Published 7 days ago by Robert W. Lawrence
I wanted a way to have a water garden in an area that had no outlets for a pump and so far this solar powered pump is great. Read morePublished 8 days ago by KatV
It really works. I have a small pond and I love being outdoors in the summer, so I need all of the protection I can get.Published 8 days ago by Andrel L. Hughes