5.0 out of 5 stars Works for MONTHS!!!!
One dunker to rule them all, one dunker to find them! One dunker to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them!

This product works. It works so well, I don't recommend anything else, except the granules for killing larvae already hatched out. But it comes with some rules, so pay attention, or you'll be disappointed!

1. Be early! These do NOT...
Published on August 30, 2012 by John A Antilety

3.0 out of 5 stars work OK but crumbly
These seem to work OK - haven't noticed any more mosquitos with our new water barrel. But the package was not packed very well and the little discs were quite crumbly. It's hard to remove each one by itself and there's a warning not to inhale the dust... all in all seems a bit messy and could be packaged better by the manufacturer.
Published on July 13, 2012 by August Luna

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for MONTHS!!!!, August 30, 2012
This review is from: Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk (Lawn & Patio)

1. Be early! These do NOT kill the adults or existing larvae. If you've already got larvae, you need to apply Mosquito Bits to kill them. Larvae start growing early, and I live in Raleigh, NC. I start using the dunks in April. With just me doing it, I'd wipe out all the mosquitoes in the neighborhood until late August.

2. Be generous! I'd toss six or seven dunkers in a 1-acre pond. The good news is that they fly really well when thrown, so you can dose a 1-acre pond from a single vantage point.

3. Be imaginative! Don't neglect to dose swampy or wet ground, ESPECIALLY grass. If you've got a wet spot in your lawn, break off a chunk, crumble it into powder, then scatter the powder over the wet spot. Don't forget rain barrels, flower pots, fish ponds, storm drains, drainage ditches, impoundments and even rain gutters. If it's wet, dose it.

4. Be involved! Get your neighbors in on the act. Go around the neighborhood and ask people to purchase their own and dose their areas. Or group together and purchase in bulk, then go wild. These things are safe enough to eat like a donut, so don't be nervous about using them.

Remember, if you're getting a late start, and you've already got larvae, then use the Mosquito Bits first to kill them off, then apply the dunkers 48 hours after to innoculate for the rest of the season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mosquito larva killer, February 12, 2007
Biologically safe so it won't kill my dog or the frogs in the frog pond, but it sure takes care of Mosquito larva. Small pond that I love came with my new house, but I found it to be a Mosquito pool. This knocked them right out. I did have an algea boom after that and contacted the company. They assured me it was not from their product. Not sure if I believe that, but a barely roll took that issue away.

5.0 out of 5 stars They really do work, June 24, 2010
This review is from: Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk (Lawn & Patio)
I've used a few different products to control mosquitoes such as Liquid BTI, mosquito bits, and the dunks. And one problem in determining the effectiveness of any of these, is in trying to prove a negative, since my fish pond has never had a real issue with mosquitoes.

But recently I had the opportunity to help a nearby community center with a Mosquito infestation. They had several outdoor pots filled with water and water lilies, and many of the pots were filled with hundreds of larvae. I then took a single Mosquito Dunk and crushed it into bits, and then distributed the bits into i think 6 or 7 pots. 24 hours later i received a new 20 pack of dunks, and went to the center to put the recommended dosage into each pot. before i put in the new dunks, i saw that the bits had killed at least 90% of the larvae in the pots overnight.

So i think this product is really effective, and as a bonus you are really getting 2 products in one. First you get the long term control of the intact dunk, and then you can get the quick kill of the "Mosquito Bits" product by crushing the dunk.

the 20 pack comes as a really large blister pack, its a little ungainly, but it keeps the dunks in one piece brfore you use them. the cost is much better than retail as its almost like getting 6-7 dunks for free at the cost of $22 for 20 vs ~$10 for 6 at HD/Lowes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jorjie, November 3, 2006
Jorjie (Wichita Falls, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk (Lawn & Patio)
I have 4 rain barrels and a garden pond. I use a lot of dunks. These are less expensive and because it is such a big package, lasts several months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mosquito "dunks", September 29, 2005
This review is from: Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk (Lawn & Patio)
These not only work to prevent mosquito larva from forming in any standing water you may have in your yard, but they are not poisonous. These dunks contain a bacillus that occurs naturally in soil. With the scurge of West Nile Virus being carried by mosquitos these dunks are very necessary to prevent the spread of the disease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk (Lawn & Patio)
I have been using these on my indoor plants for about 1 year now. I had an infestation of fungus gnats (same family as mosquitoes, but dont bite), which look like little fruit flies. They lay eggs in the plants soil and when I soak a dunk in my watering can full of water, and then water the plants with it, after about 3 months, there were almost no gnats left. I am happy I did not have to get rid of my house plants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mosquito Free, May 12, 2008
Several years ago we bought a house near a wetland reserve and there are several seasonal creeks that run by our property. We tried every product on the market but by evening we were forced indoors until we started using these.
Starting in April/May, once every month, I take a walk and drop one of these into each creek and we are mosquito free all summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars They work, July 3, 2011
This review is from: Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk (Lawn & Patio)
I have three rain barrels that have been breeding grounds for mosquitos. I had tried several other remedies but nothing worked until I put one dunk into each 60 gallon barrel. Two or three days later the mosquitos were gone in all three containers and they have not returned. It has been roughly a month now. We'll see how much longer it is effective but I'm very happy at this point.

5.0 out of 5 stars mosquitoes gone!, August 26, 2006
This review is from: Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk (Lawn & Patio)
We have a man made pond on the property we purchased recently. It is really just a hole that fills up with rain water and run-off. It is now only about 2" deep and the perfect haven for mosquitoes to breed. I don't think anything else could live in it. Since using the dunks, I can walk into my front yard in the morning and hang out in the side yard without getting eaten alive. The dunks have made a remarkable difference and put new meaning into "enjoying the great outdoors."

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent it works, May 13, 2009
wilson (WALDORF, MD, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk (Lawn & Patio)
I have a wet land behind my house that runs along my property line. My house was cover with mosquitos due to the standing water during the whole summer long. I threw this things in the water and I was mosqito free fro the rest of the summer. I used it with this product as well Summit Chemical 30Oz Mosquito Bits 117-6. I just have to say that it feels great not having mosquitos around your house.

Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk