4.0 out of 5 stars Summit Viper Elite
Published 20 months ago by Bootscraper

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor seat design
Published 10 months ago by bowhtr

4.0 out of 5 stars Summit Viper Elite, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Summit 16-Pound Viper Elite SD Climbing Tree Stand (Realtree AP) (Sports)
This stand is more bowhunter oriented IMO. The sling seat allows you to sit much higher from the armrest than the regular viper which helps to keep the stand from contacting you bow when you get up for the shot. Its still pretty comfortable though. I've made several 5 hour sits and didn't mind it. I still use my Viper when gun hunting because it has a more comfortable seat, however that seat will fit on the Elite and the you'll have the best of both worlds. The sling seat also makes for a quicker, simpler setup and pack up procedure. The base is a little noisy with the "C" channel slats so I coated the underside with a automotive type undercoat. This seemed to help greatly. The weight of this stand is where its worth the extra coin. When you walk .5-1.5 mile with this on your back you won't miss the extra 6-7 pounds other full size climbers carry. One star deduction for the padding a base noise, Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best investment, November 20, 2013
Well, I ordered this climber for the opening day of rifle season here in Missouri. It arrived on Thursday, I took it with me to the cabin on Fri, and was in it at 5:30 Sat morning. Within 30 minutes, I'd already shot 2 big doe. This climber is INCLREDIBLY silent. The coating on the metal won't scratch guns. It's so light weight that I could walk miles with it on my back, though I am 22 and full of energy anyway. My biggest concern, and I don't think I'm the only one, was comfort. I'm used to using a fold-out stool that I picked up at Walmart. The stool created uneven pressure my bottom and legs and is unbelievably uncomfortable after just an hour of sitting. This climber was a great alternative. The seat is evenly stretched when you sit down, so it doesn't pull unevenly on your bottom to create pressure points. If I ever need another tree stand, I'll order another on of these. The only complaint I have is the little, metal loop you have to pull down on to put the cables in and out that go around the tree on the climber itself. It's not very easy to take off the tree fast, but putting it on the tree is not a problem at all. Overall, I highly recommend this climber to everyone out there who needs an archery & rifle stand in one. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars safe solid light, December 26, 2012
This is a nice safe and lightweight climber that is easy to set up and you will feel very secure sitting it or standing.
you can sit and look behind the tree

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stand!!!!, November 29, 2013
Bought one at Academy a few days ago to replace my viper classic (I bought it way before it was a classic) the original viper was made of steel and heavy, hard to take down and put up but this new Elite is 100% better than the original climber summit produced. However I used the original for several years, took many nice deer with it and really didn't have any complaints about it until I got the new one. I guess all the people that have complaints about this stand should try one of the old one's for about 10years or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, March 24, 2014
Nice get the summit universal foam seat if you wanna sit comfortably for long periods of time I would buy it again

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a very nice lightweight stand I have sat in it several times ..., December 12, 2013
This is a very nice lightweight stand I have sat in it several times for 4hrs plus. The seat is not to comfortable after that. The stand can be loud with the back pack straps clinging against the hollow base, I haven't found a fix for that yet. All in all I like it to replace my old steel viper although the seat is going to be a tough switch.

4.0 out of 5 stars We'll worth the price., November 8, 2013
Light weight makes it easy to pack in and out. Third Summit I have owned. Took a nice 8 pointer second day in it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor seat design, October 21, 2013
Stand is light, but seat is extremely uncomfortable. Seat must be replaced unless you intend to use as a 'standing' stand. The only support that the seat provides is the forward 2 inch strap, which cuts into your legs/bottom and reduces circulation. The "backrest" is a 2 inch wide pad that provides no support. Very disappointed with seat/back design. Summit blew this one.. Previous Summit stands much better..

2.0 out of 5 stars Seat, November 20, 2012
Seat really sucks and is so uncomfortable. Front edge of seat digs into legs. I sure hope they have a chair seat that will fit stand..

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use and extremely tough, December 28, 2012
Brother loves this item. Extremely light weight, easy to use and extremely tough!!!

Summit 16-Pound Viper Elite SD Climbing Tree Stand (Realtree AP)
$349.99 $329.99