1.0 out of 5 stars Too hard to use for me., March 26, 2011
This review is from: Macflux (CD-ROM)
I'm disappointed. I believed the ad when it said, "Creating your own websites has never been easier. macFlux gives you the power to quickly design your website and take it online with or without any coding knowledge!" Not so for me. This software has a steep learning curve, and I haven't yet figured out how to use it at all. I should have tried the "trial download" first. I am not an experienced or educated web designer, and was looking for help that did not presume or require a solid background in the field. This software leaves me completely confused. I can't even understand the terms and the vocabulary they presume the user knows.

So it's sitting in my computer, and I went back to iWeb hat in hand. Maybe when I have a lot of time and nothing better to do, I'll try again to figure it all out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so easy..., October 22, 2011
This review is from: Macflux (CD-ROM)
This software advertises that it is easy to use, but it couldn't be farther from the truth. It has a serious learning curve and the manual is pretty vague. It also says that you don't need any coding knowledge; also not true. You need a working knowledge of HTML and CSS just to get started. The number of templates are less that twenty. You would have to go outside the software to find templates on the web, which really defeats the purpose. Importing QuickTime movies broke the templates.
At first, I was promised a refund by the vp. It was not honored. I emailed the director and the parent company, no reply. That is bad business. Simply put, do not buy this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars The package lies., February 17, 2012
Elisabeth Rose (Tampa, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Macflux (CD-ROM)
On the promise of "Creating your own website has never been easier," I bought something called "macwebsite creator," but on the disk was the program Macflux. It was exactly as these other users have said. The box promised I needed no HTML, CSS, or any other coding knowledge. The directions assumed I had all of the above. Directions such as "First create a new page from the Site Manager and open it to the Page Editor" sound so simple and simply make you want to cry. I just wasted my money and my time. Now I'm angry, and I'm going to waste more time trying to get my money back.

2.0 out of 5 stars MacFlux...hmm, October 12, 2011
This review is from: Macflux (CD-ROM)
Purchased and installed package. Couldn't use it with PHP, JSP, ASP or even Coldfusion web pages. It advertises that it can use these technologies but it just doesn't work!!

Emailed company for help but never returned email. No customer support. Just sent it back for refund. If your on a Mac try skEdit!! It works!

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy this, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Macflux (CD-ROM)
Don't buy this or anything from this company (Macware), you will never get any support or update.
They just cheat people with old version, and you can't get any support.
We have profs about what we are saying, it's bad and sad that some company dos work like this.
Just find the original author, there you will get update and support.

1.0 out of 5 stars OLD! Current Version is Macflow 4, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Macflux (CD-ROM)
This is an outdated product. I don't own it, but in shopping around, I do know the latest version is Macflow 4.

For a simple Mac website creator take a look at Rapidweaver. You can download a fully functional free trial from their website. (Trial limits you to 3 pages.) This is what I ended up going with. With all the 3rd party plugins and themes, you're unlikely to ever outgrow it.

1.0 out of 5 stars This program sucks!, October 15, 2013
This review is from: Macflux (CD-ROM)
When I purchased this program I already had Dreamweaver 5.5 but I wanted something less taxing to my brain after years of creating my own websites using HTML code I learned way back in 1995.

The MacFlux marketing team really got me this time. The very worst investment in software I ever made. The "instruction manual" is the poorest written excuse for explaining how to use bad software I have ever seen. If I have to purchase one more product from Sumitsoft to save that company....warning to employees...jump ship.

Macflux
Macflux by Summitsoft (Mac OS X, Mac OS X Intel)
$79.99 $69.99