Industrial Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
I'm a student of an esoterical order, and I have quite some knoledge about Magick and Summoning technics. Although this is an interesting book, with a really nice definition of the Art, it takes this Art too lightly in my point of view. There are some necessary warnings made in the book, but there is a lot of confusion in the classification of the entities. Some evil spirits (Powerfull Demons) like Bael(for example), are considerated as quite friendly entities with the beautiful classification of "goetic entities". I wondered if the author is aware of the real nature and wiseness of this kind of Spirits, and how they can create ilusions in one's mind. The Conjuration of the Seven written by classical authors like Levi and Papus has a sentence, "In name of Gabriel, may Adonay order upon you and send you away Bael" (I'm translating literally from french), wich should be considered... this entitie, for example, is one of the Seven main Demons, the Dark ray of the Moon, the Negative force, oposite of Gabriel the Inteligence of the Moon. There are some other demons that figure in some left hand path gromoires, like the Grimorum Verum, that are also presented as goetic... I agree with the author that this entities can be summoned and we can work with them. But I can't disagree most about the method recomended by the author. I think, the advertisements made in all the Magick Books, and by the Masters of the Art are being ignored in this book. Have ever the author read the Lemegeton?! I mean, maybe it wasn't a bad idea to read it again.Project astrally near a Demon?!? Enter, in His own realm and summon Him?!... I pass,thank's! If the summoning of the last 50 entities can be done by you, than summon Mettraton, Raphael, Michael, etc., in the first place... but to have results, better than the astral technic in the book, the operator should prepare himself in the classical way, although it is hard it is tested by time, and to be sincere, I have my serious doubts that a Divine Entitie as Mettraton, appears with that made easy, prepareless rituals, I have my serious doubts. Solomon the King, and others prepare the students about the difficulty of ordering a demon to manifestate, and here that is exposed like if it was calling a dog witth a bone... May the author forgive my words, but there are allready REAL efective methods to work with summoning, leggated by the Masters of the Magical Art, to be changed into a "naíf" magical point of view.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2004
I must take issue with one of the claims made by the author about this book. He says that it is the only book you will ever need on the subject.

This is patently not true.

Don't get me wrong, there is some stuff worth reading in this book, but it is _suggestive_, not _definitive_. For example, his Clairvoyance and Clairaudience exercises are interesting. Also, the descriptions of the fifty spirits is useful - assuming that they are taken from his own magical diary.

But elsewhere, Konstantinos makes a bit of a hash with his presentation of the Golden Dawn-style of magic, no more obvious than in his treatment of Enochian magic, which is woeful. This is a complex subject in itself, so much so that authors like Aleister Crowley and more recently John Michael Greer have recognised that it can't be handled adequately in a book which is only general in its terms.

My advice: read it if you want - or better still borrow it from a lending library if you want! - but there _are_ other books on the subject which should be read to get a more balanced view. (See, e.g. Crowley, Greer, Lon Milo Duquette, Poke Runyon, etc).
on June 20, 2012
...because the author doesn't tell you the most important fact about the summoning of spirits, and that is astrological timing. You cannot summon a spirit every night, but this is what the author pretends. The Goetia clearly states that spirits can only be evoked in the first two weeks after new moon, and only every second day. You can try to conjure a spirit due to the instructions in this book if you want (what I did several times), but I don't believe that you'll be successful. Konstantinos is an armchair theorist, not a practicing magician! By the way: If you write an e-mail to the author in order to ask questions on this book, I tell you that he won't answer.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2002
Ok, SO I just wanted to touch on a few things that he really lacks on letting you know.
First of all, If invoking was as easy as he makes it out to be, then we would not need books to do it. 2nd of all, The way he "uses" the Angels and such goetic spirits, I think is for pure selfish reasons, and I just got a terrible feeling from the book almost right away, But I usually give things a chance, but this book is just a great way to really get hurt in allot of ways if your really not careful, I would do the LBRP before and after reading the thing, Just my opinion.
on January 16, 2004
funny, there is much in this book, but the value of it lies
almost in the visualisation ritual alone. The author borrows from so many other sources that the ones of you with a firm occult base will find nothing new, much over-simplification and all understated. One feels that the author has a reader in mind, and that both do not seem to understand the actual reality and meaning of what is proposed. K. seems to find it a fine idea to say to every 'newcomer' "here's a phonebook to some beings that can 'help' you with power, understanding etc.. free of cost, and if you would believe the author it would also be mere months before one invokes angels and other very very powerful beings.. Irresponsible and painfully obvious that even though the information has been given the wisdom is lacking in the of cost! a very irresponsible book.