4.0 out of 5 stars High quality, but smaller than it appears.
The Sumo Omni seems to be made of durable material and is a comfortable item. However, the photographs used in all of the company's examples are a little misleading. For one thing, the girl in the photos is very petite. The average person is not going to be sitting on it in the way she is, because the average person is not five feet tall.

The other issue is...
Published on November 27, 2007 by SCF

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality - Fabric Rips - Poor Customer Service
Published on March 5, 2009 by Nick G

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality - Fabric Rips - Poor Customer Service, March 5, 2009
Nick G (Oceanside, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sumo Omni Lounge MIDNIGHT BLUE SumoLounge Bean Bag Chair
I have owned my Sumo Omni for a little over a year and have used it somewhat sparingly. To my surprise it has worn down in spots and has a hole in it. There are also many other weakened spots waiting to wear away. I highly doubt this is "space age rip-proof nylon" and even the company rep told me there is no such thing as "rip-proof", strange since it is plastered all over there website. I contacted the company and was told that the warranty was only for 6 months (they also suggested a bike tire patch). I guess they know that there product doesn't have much of a useful life after 6 months, I wish I had known.

Buyer beware this is way overpriced and poor quality. The company puts a lot more money into advertising than it does into the product itself. I wish I never bought this and I only hope I save some people money and frustration in buying this inferior product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy from this company., January 28, 2010
Jared (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sumo Omni Lounge MIDNIGHT BLUE SumoLounge Bean Bag Chair
My Sumo Omni bag is falling apart in less than a year. To make matters worse, this bag was only used about 25 times. Sumo Lounge's best offer to remedy the problem is 15% off next item. Dom was nice in trying to help, but clearly they do not put any guarantee behind their products. After sending pictures of both blown threaded seams and a manufacturing defect (zipper not attached under Velcro), they still refused to replace the item. Save yourself some headache of vacuuming up tons of tiny foam beads every time you sit in the bag, and spend your money elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, October 15, 2009
This review is from: Sumo Omni Lounge MIDNIGHT BLUE SumoLounge Bean Bag Chair
Beware. Make sure you know what your buying from a Canadian company and Yes, while they offer free shipping, it's cost prohibitive to return it (appox $100)because of the size of the box and weight. Thus you're stuck with it. Beware. The colors don't match their website. Finally, TERRIBLE SERVICE. My issue was that I completely disliked the fabric (uncomfortable) and color (turned out to be Flourescent Orange, YUCK). I'm basically stuck with something because the return shipment cost is basically the same as the product cost. Again, just be sure you know what you're buying and certain you'll be happy with it. Did I mention terrible customer service?

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality, but smaller than it appears., November 27, 2007
SCF "Software Developer" (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sumo Omni Lounge MIDNIGHT BLUE SumoLounge Bean Bag Chair

The other issue is that in all of the examples, they are clearly double-stuffing the bean bag. To achieve a lot of the configured positions shown in examples, you would need to spend another fifty bucks to buy additional Sumo "beans" to fill the bag with. The amount of beans or stuffing that comes by default is just enough so that if you hold the bag up on its end and shook it a whole bunch, the beans would reach about a foot or so high.

In conclusion, this is a solid product and probably the best of breed for the price. However, if you're an averaged sized adult you are going to want the spring for the extra stuffing, which will raise the price significantly.

1.0 out of 5 stars deceptive business practices - stay away from this company!, February 23, 2010
This review is from: Sumo Omni Lounge MIDNIGHT BLUE SumoLounge Bean Bag Chair
Ordered this beanbag chair last week based on a newspaper review and their "100% Satisfaction full money back" guaranty, received it Friday and immediately disliked the chair's look, it's comfort level and the fact that it didn't retain any shape. Emailed the company the following day, and was then told that they take a 15% restocking fee (so much for "100% satisfaction" and "full money back"). Adding insult to injury, when I took the box to a UPS store to return it, was told that the cheapest ground shipping (NY to Calif) would cost over $150 (the chair cost $149). So, if one were to pay the shipping and the 15% restocking fee, the return would cost over $172, in order to return a product which cost $149. SO MUCH FOR SATISFACTION!!! This company should be barred from doing business in the U.S.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good company, December 23, 2010
This review is from: Sumo Omni Lounge MIDNIGHT BLUE SumoLounge Bean Bag Chair
I tried to leave this review on their website, but after a few days of submission, it did not show up. So I believe their reviews are a lie and to give customers a fails sense of quality product.

WARNING!! These chairs come with an on going cost!
My wife and I bought an Omni chair each in 2007. Less than 4 years the chairs have deflated to half it's original size.
The FAQ states
`Does polystyrene decompress over time?'
"It can and it depends on usage."
I think this statement is as useful as stating this chair will eventually break. My wife and I weigh less than 125 each, and we sit in these chairs only when we are at home, which is not all that often. Sumo's support is fast to respond via EMail, but not very helpful. I was told that I need two bags of refills, a bag per chair. That would cost over $100, which is more than 2/3 of a chair's price!
I think Sumo should show some statistics regarding the longevities of their chairs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Customer Service EVEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Sumo Omni Lounge MIDNIGHT BLUE SumoLounge Bean Bag Chair
This company should be barred from business...bought two bags for Christmas presents last year for my kids...only got one...customer service tells me they will send a replacement...no email...no tracking information...no beanbag after more than 2 weeks...DO NOT GIVE THESE CROOKS YOUR MONEY!!!!

Also - and I am not advertising for this company but get a Fatboy the Original, Blue you get a similar beanbag but you DONT GET ROBBED...

...and to those who are talking trash about "my beanbag 4 years later", etc...come on people it is a beanbag not a lazyboy!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it no stars if I could, March 7, 2011
This review is from: Sumo Omni Lounge MIDNIGHT BLUE SumoLounge Bean Bag Chair
For all the reviews on here about the company's customer service being so awful, I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone complaining about how uncomfortable this thing is. I bought mine two years ago and have probably spent 20 minutes on it during that time, and that's a stretch. It won't keep any form while you're sitting on it and the shell is so thick and uncomfortable it seems like you're sitting on a rock. I wonder how much they payed those models to make this thing look like something to sit on. That's talent! All it's done for me is take up space. Forget selling it to get some of my money back, I'm concerned I won't be able to give mine away just to get it out of my house. This thing is money down the drain.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre at best., December 5, 2012
This review is from: Sumo Omni Lounge MIDNIGHT BLUE SumoLounge Bean Bag Chair
The bag is small and very understuffed compared to the pictures on the web. It doesn't really retain any recognizable shape, but its serviceable enough after you add additional stuffing. If the customer service people weren't so rude and the return process wasn't so cost prohibitive, I'd return this for a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars underfilled-terrible customer service, January 31, 2011
This review is from: Sumo Omni Lounge MIDNIGHT BLUE SumoLounge Bean Bag Chair
Bought 2 bean bags directly from the company. One was underfilled enough where my 125 lb wife can feel the floor. Contacted the company and they wouldn't send additional fill. Very poor customer service from sumolounge. If you have a problem, beware.