Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 31, 2012
I really like this product. I use it to make my own Orchid
potting mix or as a fill in. If it is not a fine enough grade
for your project simply put some in an old shirt and smash it
with a hammer until you get the correct size!
on January 23, 2013
I bought this to replant my Phalaenopsis orchid (the common grocery-store variety). I don't claim to know much about caring for orchids; I just read up on a few basics online about trimming away dead roots, etc. (and there's a bit of instruction on the bag, too). The plant is doing well even with my limited knowledge, and even began growing two new leaves within a few weeks of the repotting. Plus there's enough left over for the next replanting.
on March 12, 2014
I repotted five orchids with this mix a few weeks ago. The bark is inexpensive, but you have to get it as a tag on, so you can't order it by itself. I had never repotted my orchids before, so I had to guess about how much I needed. I WAY overbought. One bag was about twice as much as I needed for my five orchids, which I moved from 6" pots to 8' pots. But the orchids are doing beautifully -- already beginning to bloom again!
on December 20, 2012
This product is great for your orchids with bigger roots like cattleyas and Phals. I also bought Better-Gro's orchid bark mix which I also like. Highly recommended.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 14, 2015
Works great as a basic orchid media, for both beginner and experienced orchid growers. Good for orchids with thick roots, such as phalaenopsis, cattleyas, cymbidiums, and certain dendrobiums. Generally the smaller chunks of bark sift towards the bottom of the bag, and those pieces can be used for orchids with thinner roots like oncidiums.
on August 14, 2014
So disgusted with this bark! Huge pieces of sapwood (instead of bark) and huge rocks/stones! I might have understood one bad bag, but all 3 bags were absolute garbage.
In one bag alone there was 23 rocks/stones - large stones not pea gravel size. One rock/stone was literally 1 1/4" across.
This product should be named BS - Boulders and Sapwood.
on January 29, 2016
I was able to transplant my orchid once, and then it died. This says more about my inability to care for orchids than it does about this orchid bark. I'm sure it works just fine. It seems to be very similar to the bark orchids comes with when you buy them.
on September 4, 2013
greatest price
the orchids love this stuff and they bloom as these wood chips hold water
water through once per week
look great
on February 2, 2014
I had a potted Cymbidium orchid that severely needed to be repotted. This was the best product recommended to me by a friend who raises and shows orchids professionally in Seattle. I replanted the orchid, but we will have to see if it survives, the root system was almost completely rotted away from being constrained in an under sized container!!!
on May 2, 2014
The orchid bark did arrive as expected and though we know nothing about orchids.
The thing is doing well.
This product works.