5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book on Sun / Moon sign combinations
Contents summary: Interprets all 144 combinations of Sun and Moon sign in the birth chart separately (420pp). Introduction, including discussion of the Sun, Moon and the elements (46pp). Tables of precise Sun and Moon sign change times, and time zone corrections (96pp).

Published on August 8, 2002 by solger

3.0 out of 5 stars So-So
Published on May 27, 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book on Sun / Moon sign combinations, August 8, 2002
"solger" (Bristol, Avon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sun Sign, Moon Sign (Paperback)

Charles Harvey, a leading astrological scholar of the later 20th century, died a couple of years ago aged not far from 60, but left behind this modern masterpiece of properly researched basic natal astrology, which originates in the study of real people and draws as much detail out of each of the 144 Sun/Moon combinations as could be hoped for. The interpretations are each substantial in length but concise and packed with observational detail, building very significantly on Grant Lewi's pioneering treatment of the combinations from the 1940s. They inevitably round people up and sometimes typecast the extreme manifestations of each combination a little over-assuredly. They are of course subject to the modifying influence of non-Sun/Moon sign factors in the birth chart, but they come as close as they can given their scope. Indispensable reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is astonishing!, February 21, 2000
This review is from: Sun Sign, Moon Sign (Paperback)
If you buy only one book on astrology, make it this one. I have read and enjoyed many books on astrology, but never before have I been as consistently amazed by the accuracy of insight into the personalities of people that the authors have never met. I think even many long-time astrologers will be startled by how good a portrait one can draw knowing only the Sun sign and Moon sign.
I doubt that any astrology text could be 100 percent accurate--occasionally there's a few false notes, and once or twice the reading has been a complete miss. But in the large majority of cases, I have found that the analysis of each Sun/Moon type reads like a description written drawn by a close, insightful friend of the subject--describing specific qualities that would not apply to most people.
I must have 75 astrology books on my shelves--this is the one I'd recommend first, to a beginner or to a pro.
P.S. Charles and Suzi, how about writing a book describing Sun signs in each house?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference for novice and pro astrologers alike, November 28, 1999
This review is from: Sun Sign, Moon Sign (Paperback)
This is a great book. Once you discover a person's moon sign, by using the clear, easy-to-use charts in the back, you simply flip to their particular page in the body of the book. Each sun/moon combination has it's own 2 pages, in which is described the person's personality, outlook on relationships, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Especially helpful are the "image for integration," a sentence or two describing a scene that is representative of the person. I highly reccommend this book to anyone-beginner, intermediate, or advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars did Charles Harvey read my diary??, January 5, 2001
This review is from: Sun Sign, Moon Sign (Paperback)
I was at a party, when a friend cracked open this book. One by one, we each calculated our moon signs (which none of us had even heard of before). chart was super easy to read. And we were all almost in tears, over how acurate the descriptions were. Each description is only 2-3 pages, but soooo right on.
I'm suspicious of astrology, so i read some other descriptions and they were not me at all. So, i feel pretty confident that it is not just worded so everyone can relate.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is my bible, November 12, 2001
Andrea Maria Cuebas (Bronx, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sun Sign, Moon Sign (Paperback)
I bought this book four years ago. It is now being held together by a rubberband. Everytime I discover someones Moon I'm astonished, the only person's moon I hve trouble figuring is my own. Every few months I have to read it to see if I really understand it, but with almost everyone else I got them pegged. I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginners or pros, September 1, 1999
This review is from: Sun Sign, Moon Sign (Paperback)
This is one of those rare astrological resources that will appeal to both beginners and professionals. No technical mumbo-jumbo, yet very insightful and original in it's descriptions of the multitude of sun/moon combinations. I especially enjoyed the "Images for integration" sections for each entry. This book is a must have for anyone interested in Astrology!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Must Read, May 25, 2013
This review is from: Sun Sign, Moon Sign, 2nd Edition: Discover the Personality Secrets of the 144 Sun-Moon Combinations (Paperback)
I'm not a stranger to this book at all. As a matter of fact, I had a copy for many years, and it got so old, the pages started to come loose and I ended up having to replace it with this purchase. I was turned on to it by a really good friend of mine out of San Diego, Ca, when I was on my personal journey of truly studying and embracing astrology as a behavioral science and how it (The Universe) relates to every Man, woman, child. In a nutshell, even for the casual astrology enthusiast, The reason this particular book is so important is because it FINALLY shed's light on the OTHER half of a person. Ever wondered why two or more people you may know or have been in a relationship with are like POLAR OPPOSITES, yet how can this be when they have the same sign? Well, this book addresses that in detail and with great accuracy. The way a person reacts emotionally, or lacking emotion thereof, etc...all depends on what their MOON SIGN is. For example, My Sun sign is Capricorn, but my Moon Sign is CANCER, so what that means is that I have the typical Capricorn traits plus carry the traits associated with Cancer. Capricorns aren't known for being "emotional" but because my Moon is in Cancer, I am, plus I tend to get offended easily as well. I never knew WHY I was so different than other Caps I knew, and this book blew me away with the answers I had been seeking! Bottom line is this, if you are sincere, and truly want to uncover the whole side of not only yourself, but the person you would like to be with, then this book is an absolute MUST OWN, you will be so glad you purchased it and once those wheels are turning and you're learning all about what makes you who you are your jaws will be continuously open, wish they had more than 5 Stars to give this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars So True It's Scary, March 24, 2012
Although this isn't a book for studying astrology, it offers something all those other books and charts don't. A glimpse at how a personality looks once you start putting everything TOGETHER. To someone such as myself, who has a very different sun and moon combination, this is essential for understanding how the two combine. After all, anyonse can say "The sun represents this and the moon represents that" but it is a detached, cold, and worst of all abstract explaination which communicates nothing of what it really means to experience these two sides of the personality and live them out as a human being.

When I read my description it was so dead-on that I was instantly satisfied that I had found a keeper. I have since then tested this book on family, friends, co-workers and aquaintances, and nearly all these descriptions were dead-on. I like using this book to introduce others to real astrology, as the language is very plain, the personality descriptions are precise, and the concept is easy to follow.

I like combination works like this as a baseline for how certain aspects of a persons chart combine to produce a complex and multi-faceted individual. Though not good for studying astrology in depth, they are inspiring in examining how to intuit how different signs and aspects of the personality can combine.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will prove to sceptics that astrology works!, July 8, 1999
This review is from: Sun Sign, Moon Sign (Paperback)
This book will prove to sceptics that astrology works! This book details the personality types of all 144 different sun/moon sign combinations. I have read many of the different combinations for friends, relatives and lovers and they are all 100% accurate. I think the Harveys really know their astrology and their detailed descriptions are insightful and honest without using any mumbo-jumbo language so many astrologers and mystics feel the need to use. I swear by this book and it has proved extremely useful to me on many occasions. Thanks for putting so much work into proving that astrology is a science, with rules and laws, and not the psuedo-science that so many so called 'real scientists' portray it to be!

3.0 out of 5 stars So-So, May 27, 2001
This review is from: Sun Sign, Moon Sign (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading all of the five-star hoopla that was already posted on it. Granted, considering that the authors are using only the sun and the moon, the descriptions are pretty good. But, with only the sun and the moon, the accuracy is going to be limited. This book is a good "party" book and has the potential to get others interested in learning about astrology utilizing a superficial approach. However, if one is truly interested in learning more about astrology, this is not the book to buy. These authors are obviously gifted astrologers--as well as writers. I see they recently put out a short "beginners" book (click on authors' names on the left side of the screen). I hope they are planning to write beyond that. They've got great potential.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›