Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer

Size: Soft White (3000K)|Style Name: 6.5Wt=40Wt|Change
Price:$6.95+ $3.99 shipping

on June 26, 2013
This bulbs claims a color temperature of 3000k which is accurate. The claimed color rendition of 80 is also accurate. Like every LED bulb I've used that has this rating the bulb is deficient in deep reds. Incandescent bulbs produce the reds properly but the color temperature is about 2700 which makes them look very yellow. This bulb 3000K is much better. I will not reduce the rating due to the color rendition because the bulb delivers what it claims and if you want to buy a bulb in this color temperature with a CRI rating of 95 you will pay 5 times this price. In fact, a halogen bulb with this color temperature is more expensive in most cases than this product and would get very hot. This bulb produces no noise and the heat generated is what I was expected meaning it is well designed and will most likely last. This product hasn't been available long enough to evaluate it's longevity but this technology is improving fast so newer is better. The dimming works properly.

Although I will not stock up on these for my own home due to the rapid improvement in lighting technology, I would not hesitate to buy hundreds of these for an installation where the customer wants all of their lights replaced. The packaging is very easy to deal with, no window or plastic which I appreciate. There is simply no point in throwing extra money at packaging and wasting my time unwrapping it. The packaging is ultimately trash on every single light bulb sold. You will throw it away eventually.

The brightness is like a 100 watt bulb in the upward direction, too bight for many fixtures so be careful. If you are using a dimmer then go for it, otherwise consider the 6.5 watt version which works better in many cases.

Update:

This bulb has been reliable for over a year now and still going. None of my other Sunsun bulbs have failed either.
22 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2013
If these were non-dimmable bulbs, they would be five star (inexpensive, nice light output, 3000K is a great color temperature). I bought these to go in a dimmable fixture. They work fairly well to about 30-40% of full brightness. Below that point they flicker on and off. I tried them with two different dimmers. I also bought the 60W equivalent / 9.5W actual bulbs from Sunsun and they work great for dimming even down to minimum brightness. I bought six of these and they all flicker at the lower level. The 60W equivalent works great in the same fixtures.

If you don't plan on dimming or if you won't be dimming below 50% or so, these are great bulbs.
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2013
This bulbs claims a color temperature of 3000k which is accurate. The claimed color rendition of 80 is also accurate. Like every LED bulb I've used that has this rating the bulb is deficient in deep reds. Incandescent bulbs produce the reds properly but the color temperature is about 2700 which makes them look very yellow. This bulb 3000K is much better. I will not reduce the rating due to the color rendition because the bulb delivers what it claims and if you want to buy a bulb in this color temperature with a CRI rating of 95 you will pay 2-3 times this price. This bulb produces no noise and the heat generated is what I was expected meaning it is well designed and will most likely last. This product hasn't been available long enough to evaluate it's longevity but this technology is improving fast so newer is better. The dimming works properly.

This thing is bright. If you are not using a dimmer I hope you have a big lampshade.

The problem with this bulb is that it projects light from three sides. If you are using a small lampshade, wall sconce, or smaller glass shade the three LEDs will look separate. With a large lamp shade this is no problem because the overlap of the output corrects the issue over distance away from the bulb. I will not dock a star for this problem because due to the brightness level of this bulb it should be used only with a big lampshade. That is it's intended design application. Just make sure the fixture shade has at least 3-4 inches of clearance minimum.

For most of my applications the single LED 6.5watt and 9.5watt versions are a lot more useful. The lower wattage versions are also a better value.
on August 9, 2013
Four of these 40W-equivalent bulbs went into each of the bathrooms. Comments from the family are surprisingly positive regarding their brightness and easy-on-the-eye color. The soft-white bulb does not seem to distort colors.

Note that there is a very short delay at switch-on. However, there hasn't been a single complaint from anyone in the house. Honestly, you'll hardly notice it after a day or two.

This bulb seems to be well made, with no buzz or flicker. Each bulb's color and luminance is identical from one to another.

I was a little concerned that the silver colored heat-sink might show up through the clear glass diffusers of the light bar. Curiously, the metal seems to disappear as the light reflects off of the diffuser interior. Nice!

Considering the price and proven functionality of this bulb, I don't think you can do better.
on July 9, 2013
I tried next to a 50 watt halogen. This was much brighter and much cooler light. It makes the halogen look yellowish. More and better color light at 13% of the electricity. I will be buying more. Most of light is directed down so might not be appropriate for some lamp applications. If you need a new bulb get this one.
review image review image
on October 22, 2013
I cant speak to the 40 watt version, but If you have one of these in 60 watts let it run for a couple hours then grab the base firmly.. if your lamp is like the one I got, trust me, you wont hold it long. But don't trust me, if you have one of these you really should try it!!!

I cant say its not a nice bright white light but I can say the 60 watt version got much hotter than any other LED I tried. Perhaps my lamp is just defective, but after reading the box I doubt it.

On the box it says "USE IN OPEN LUMINARE ONLY" . And it says that in capital letters above a warning stating if you use it improperly they are not liable. . You could call that Lawyer speak for " we know it gets friggen hot so here is a cleverly worded warning". I tried it in open air, no inclosure (or luminare)at all... it was still way hotter than any other 40 or 60 watt LED lamp, and I'm sending it back.

note... with the good reviews of the 40 watt lamp I tried one... less light but its a good white color and it has a more reasonable heat... when they resolve the heat problems with these lamps I will be happier ..
VINE VOICEon January 1, 2014
For some applications, this is a great bulb. I would not use it where lots of light is required (there, I use 10W and 12W LED bulbs), but for many applications, such as dual lamp ceiling lights in bedrooms, and hallway lights, it works very well. These are daylight bulbs, and I prefer the white light to the orange light from incandescent or florescent bulbs (yes, you can get daylight florescent bulbs, but I have a hatred for those types because of the mercury content).

Today, you can outfit your home with LED bulbs at reasonable prices from Amazon. I have 15W LED's in the garage ceiling, 12W bulb over the kitchen sink and in the laundry room, and 10W bulbs in the kitchen ceiling, entrance hall, and various closets. I use a combination of 10 and 6.5 watt bulbs in our walk-in master bedroom closet. Power consumption is so low it is amazing, with better lighting than before!

It's time to get serious with LED lights, the prices have really come down!!!!
on December 21, 2013
Equivalent to 40 watts , this bulb is a little dim for reading in my favorite chair, but I usually use a 60 watt bulb there, so that is no surprise. I have it in the front entry receptacle where it's very low heat output is a real plus.
Typical of LED & CFL bulbs, it doesn't play well with X-10 lamp modules, so I haven't tried dimming it yet.
The bulb appears well made and is a little heavier than incandescent bulbs - it should last a long time. The base does get quite warm, but not enough to prevent me from removing it to try a different one.
This seems like a good light bulb at a good price for an LED.
on August 9, 2013
Overall bad experience. I ordered five 5000K bulbs. When I received the order, two of the bulbs were 3000K - they were in boxes that said 3000K but someone had pasted new labels on the box indicating they were 5000K. So I'm down to three of the five bulbs I needed before I ever started. I went ahead and put the three correct bulbs in to try them out and they were just what I wanted - great light, no heat, color was good, etc. However, after about five minutes, one of these three bulbs started flickering off and on and then died completely. By this time, I've pretty much decided that these are going back. Amazon was great on the return and promptly issued me a credit. I'm heading down to Home Depot to buy five bulbs.
on July 19, 2013
I ordered 6 SunSun LED light bulbs and only took 3 days I got them. The light bulb is only 6.5W each, but it is much brighter than our original 40W. The light color is soft and warm white, we only use 4 of them in our large master bath room, the result is surprisingly bright and it is not sharply bright, rather warm and soft. We are very happy with the product, ready to order more to replace all the bubs in our home.
Also, the price of 5.99 is the best in the internet.
--------------------------------------------------------------

This is the 2nd time, I came back to buy more of SunSun Led light within 2 months. The light is warm bright, most importantly, it only costs 6.5W of power but the brightness is equivalent to 40W. I save a lot money in my two months electricity bill. Plus it generates no heat, now the lights in my home all have been changed to LED. I really recommend this brand --- SunSun LED.