Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on October 5, 2012
I am hoping to answer some questions for potential buyers that I had prior to purchasing this construction paper:

*There are 10 colors in this assortment (number of sheets of each color is in parentheses): purple(15), brown(15), orange(25), blue(30), red(40), green(40), yellow(30), black(25), pink(15), light blue(15).

*There are an additional 50 sheets of white paper (kind-of a creamy white).

*The weight is substantial for construction paper; heavier than copy paper but lighter weight and not as stiff as card stock.

*The colors are bold and vibrant. The black is really black, not dark grey.

*The paper is color-fast, it does not bleed when wet.

*It folds and cuts very well.

*The surface texture is very nice. I bought this mostly for coloring with my 16 month old daughter and wanted paper with enough texture that crayons would leave a nice, satisfying mark even under light pressure as she learns how to hold and bare down with a crayon properly. This paper is perfect for that.

*Great for markers; no bleeding, just nice crisp lines. Also, as an experiment, I held a marker in one spot to see how long it took to soak through to the other side-3 seconds. That means less marker transfer to floors, tables and other household surfaces.

*The paper is environmentally friendly: it is source certified through the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, and is recyclable.

*Made in the USA.

*At the time of purchase, the price was the same for 300 assorted sheets as for 100 sheets of a single color.

Overall, I think this was a great deal for the quantity and quality. I know we will have lots of fun coloring, cutting, pasting and doing all of the other great things kids love to do with construction paper! I will definitely buy another ream when we finish this one.
77 comments|344 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2010
This is the 'good stuff'. Heavy, REAL construction paper, in a double-ream size at an excellent value. This is the stuff you want for projects and the like. Not the 'every day' construction paper for drawing, etc... this is the stuff teachers use that is oh-so-hard to find these days. HUGE package, HUGE!!! Excellent colors, including white. Others have said there is too much white in the package, but I find white is always lacking in most construction packs. There is also PURPLE, which many companies exclude. All in all, and excellent value and my kids and I are very pleased!
on March 21, 2013
I need this construction papers for my first daughter's birthday. I will make Ladybug's theme. I searched on amazon and this construction paper have so many good review. I trust them! and I can't wait to make my own project.
and when I had a chance to make my own project, I just realized how terrible are they.
first, when I opened the plastic cover, I found that blue color, already ripped just a little bit, you can see on my pictures.
second, I'm very disappointed, that the red color is not a red! it is a pink! I'm using ladybug with red color not pink!
you will see the different color between red color that they have with my red flannel fabric that I used for my ladybug wings.
so buyers if you look for red color in this brand, you may consider to buy it. because this is a lesson for all of you that wanna buy it. but if you don't mind, that's ok! it is your choice.
let's be fair, the quantity is a lot, so i like it. the thick of the paper is great, that's why i gave them 3 star,
on April 1, 2013
The description calls for a heavyweight construction paper, but after I opened it I found that to not be the case. I compared it to some other construction paper I have in the kids' stack and it's more accurately resembles the paper I picked up at the Dollar Store. It's more like a light to medium weight thickness which makes it easy for the kids to cut or tear, but not so desirable if you're working on a project where you don't want it to rip. The colors are bright, but are not as uniform as they should be and are lightly spotted with imperfections. I also compared the paper to some other heavyweight construction paper I have at home that I was hoping this would be. The true heavyweight paper I have is more like a construction paper cardstock. There is a considerable difference between the two in terms of weight, color quality and consistency. For example, I tested the bleeding effect between the two. While holding a marker in one spot, it takes 4 seconds to bleed through on this brand and the Dollar Store brand and 7 seconds on the true heavyweight paper.

This isn't a bad set of construction paper, but definitely not the quality I was hoping to receive. I'd give it five stars for the variety of colors and amount of paper you get for the price, but the thinness of the paper and quality of the colors brings it back down to three. Basically, if you're looking for a good value on construction paper that is good for cutting and gluing projects, then this will probably be fine. But if you're needing something of a little better quality, where you need to have it not rip too easily on you and the colors are vibrant, then I suggest you look for another brand of paper.
on April 27, 2010
I bought this paper for my daughter and she really loves it. I didn't mind spending the ten bucks on it, but I admit that I did not shop around. Perhaps ten dollars is a bit high for this product, considering what it is.

I was a bit annoyed that white is a color and they give you more white pages than any other color, considering I think people would buy this package for the COLORS and not simple white.

Also it's not as heavy a paper as I thought it would be. It's heavier than copy paper, that is for sure, but when I think of construction paper it's not as thin and fine as what this turned out to be.

Overall we are satisfied but I am not going to rush out and buy this again when my daughter blows through it. I wouldn't completely rule out buying it again but I'll definitely shop around next time.
on January 10, 2012
First, it is excellent quality construction paper. Good and thick, just the way I like it :)
Second, the price was great, will be buying more. Will be buying this brand over and over again.
Third, The colors are vivid, even, don't bleed onto projects and hey, my daughters like em too!!

I did shop around and for 10 bucks, and getting good weight construction paper and 300 sheets of it is great!! not mind blowing, but great!!

Pros:
300 sheets for 10 bucks of good grade construction paper.... .10 cents each, not bad
You get what you have used in school all your life...
The colors are right there in the image (yes, white is a color, pay attention)

Cons:
not a mind blowing price, but hey, I got exactly what I thought I was getting
on April 4, 2013
I have budding artists in my home. I needed to stock up on construction paper for all their arts and crafts, and I didn't want to only buy small packages that only last us for about a week or 2. This is a TON of paper, more than they could use for a while and it is perfect. The only thing I will warn you about is that if the paper gets wet, the color bleeds and sinks into whatever it is on. I learned this when someone was coloring on the carpet and spilled a glass of water and I had to bring out the carpet cleaner to clean it all up. It's great paper just make sure you supervise, because kids can do odd things and I know no one wants red and green walls lol
on October 9, 2012
I ordered the paper based on the reviews that this was heavy weight paper and teacher approved. All I can say is they must never have bought paper from a REAL Teacher supply store... This paper was just as thin as paper that I bought either at Ollies or Walmart. I am very disappointed in the weight of this paper. I have 24lb copy paper that feels heavier than this product. I work with preschool age and toddlers. This paper is difficult for them to cut. The color choice was also mediocre at best.
on December 10, 2012
I was expecting the colors to be more vibrant and the paper to be a better quality. This was just average everyday construction paper. It would be great for kids projects but I ordered it for a specific project.
on January 27, 2014
Nice paper weight -- a lot heavier than typing paper. It can take little kids using watercolor paint with lots of water on the brush! Good colors, nice and vivid. I am totally satisfied with the price, amount, and quality. Will be buying this again.