5.0 out of 5 stars Best hand mixer I have ever owned
Love this hand mixer. More powerful than other ones I have owned. The burst of power button is a great feature. Handles both light and heavy mixes. The mixer can stand on its heel which makes it so handy while needing to add things. Several of my friends have bought this mixer after seeing it stand up.
Published on June 12, 2011 by Laura

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit too powerful and quite heavy
This is a very powerful mixer. Even on the lowest setting. I had read the other reviews on here that said the same but I thought it would be ok - until I tried it. Some recipes need fairly gentle or slow mixing of ingredients but this wouldn't be able to do that. It is FULL POWER even on Level 1. I didn't even try anything higher than that.

The unit is also...
Published on March 11, 2012 by JennyR

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit too powerful and quite heavy, March 11, 2012
This review is from: Sunbeam 2525 220-Watt 6-Speed Retractable Cord Hand Mixer, White/Grey (Kitchen)

The unit is also quite big and heavy - not something you can really tell from the pictures. I've owned quite a few hand mixers before and this is bigger than all of them. This is partly due to the retractable cord feature at the bottom, which to me isn't really that useful.

Another feature that I didn't like - and didn't think was particularly safe, was the whisk release button. On most mixers there is a separate button that you push in to release the buttons, but on this machine you have to push the Power button (1,2,3 etc) INWARDS (rather than upwards) to release them. This isn't very clear and it is quite easy to press the mixer on if it is still plugged in - someone could hurt their fingers given the power of the machine! Obviously this isn't a mistake that you make twice but something to be aware of if you get this mixer.

To be honest I wish I had bought a smaller, less powerful mixer, but this one does do the job for now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much power on lowest speed., November 16, 2009
I bought this hand mixer today, and it's going back tomorrow. I was just trying to make a simple banana bread recipe and ended up with flour all over the kitchen. I never even put the mixer above the lowest setting. I don't know why it has six speeds, when you can't go beyond the first one. I definitely need something a little mellower.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hand mixer I have ever owned, June 12, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled, October 22, 2013
This is the second time I purchased one of these...couldn't remember, my problem. It won't happen again. Mixer is all high speed. Low is high and high is jet fueled. don't buy this if you need a multi speed. Secondly, I'm ordering another mixer, this one burns out too quickly. The washers inside tend to break down (probably because it can't go slow) and the beaters jam. Buyer beware. Price isn't everything, it's about quality. You have been warned.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lowest speed NOT low enough, December 29, 2012
I like the mixer, I just wish the low speed was slower. I go to start mashing potatoes on the lowest speed and they fly all over

1.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely HATE this thing!, July 21, 2013
Khumbu Trekker (Sierras Nevada Mountains, CA) - See all my reviews
My ancient hand mixer broke a couple of years ago. I searched everywhere but couldn't find one like it, so I bought this one. What a mistake! It weighs a ton, takes up precious room in my cabinet, and there's no low speed...just full blast at the first setting. I should have returned it right away, but I was desperate. I still can't find the old type hand mixer I used to have, but I will keep checking the thrift stores. This thing is crap. Don't waste your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected., December 26, 2012
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my spouse. She wanted a new mixer that ran slower than the one she currently has, so I thought that with 6 speeds the first one should be pretty slow. I was wrong, it actually ran faster than our old one which only has 4 speeds. The difference between the 6 speed settings is hardly noticeable. The second problem was the blades would not eject unless you pressed the speed control like you were the Hulk, my wife couldn't eject them at all and I had to push as hard as I could with my thumb before they started to move. The third problem was the retractable cord. It would not retract all the way unless you manually pushed the last foot of the cord into the hole. The slightest bend or curl in the cord would stop the rewind spring from pulling it in all the way, the recoil spring is way too weak. Forth problem, it only has a short 3 foot cord, barely enough to work on your counter if your lucky enough to have an outlet right there in front of you. I'm returning this gift and will have to try and find one in a local store where I can try before I buy to find one that runs slow enough so it won't fling my eggs right out of the bowl on the slowest setting.

4.0 out of 5 stars powerful, December 17, 2011
Overall I like the mixer, it's fine, it does the job. The one thing that is problematic is that it does not have a low enough speed. The lowest speed is too fast and too strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars powerful, April 8, 2014
I really like this mixer for the price, but man, it really has only 2 speeds, FAST and HOLY CROW! Great for making whipped cream and for mixing pancake batter but beware of thin liquids!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, January 21, 2013
I love this mixer! It's very powerful, I love that the cord is retractable, and the beaters don't show any sign of rusting after 1 years of owning it. My only complaint is the lowest mixing speed is practically the same speed as the fastest speed.