2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
on February 27, 2013
We just adopted a puggle from the humane society about a month ago and her barking when outside was driving me and our neighbors nuts. I bought this at Pet Smart because truthfully I couldn't wait for Amazon to deliver. It has worked well so far. I had to the replace the batteries pretty quickly after getting it but I have no idea how long it was on the shelf and they were cheap batteries anyway. I also had to super glue the snap that keeps the collar on because it broke but now I hardly have to use the collar at all. My dog rarely barks when she is outside and I have not heard any more complaints from the neighbors. I recommend this product because despite the batteries and the latch it has worked great.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
on January 21, 2013
My dog is fear aggressive. She lunges and barks aggressively at other dogs and people, bike riders and scooters. I walk her with a prong collar, head halter and muzzle. She is a lab/border collie. Since using this collar, I no longer need the prong collar or the head halter. I do use the muzzle just in case. She is a different dog now. She can mingle with other dogs (on leash) and meet new people calmly now. She no longer shows any aggression. This collar has a warning sound that you can use and three levels of shock. I use level one. I have only shocked her a total of four times and now she responds with just the warning sound. I only use this collar when out for walks and if anyone comes over to the house. This collar is helping her to come out of her fearfulness. You do have to turn off the collar and the remote when done wearing it. The lights on the collar flash every 5 seconds to indicate it is on. Just follow the instructions and they are very clear about turning it off so the batteries don't drain. This collar is an excellent training tool.
2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
on January 10, 2013
Bought this item and it stopped working after 2 days. I replaced the batteries and got another 24 hours before it went dead again. I followed all the directions and it has no battery life. Avoid!
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
on October 18, 2012
Collar turns itself off after an hour or so; nearly impossible to tell if it's on or off, unless you hold onto your dog and squint at the lights. Or push the tone button and listen for it, which just confuses the dog. Taking it back tomorrow after two days. Basically useless item.